• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Heart Gold/ Soul Silver Pre-National Team

I also am considering a Scizor until I can get Tyranitar. Weak only to fire and resistant to a lot of types makes for a good combination.

not exactly sure if you can get all of these pre elite 4 but we'll see.

Tyranitar
Dragonite
Kingler
skarmory
miltank
Meganium

i'll keep a fire type in my party until i catch the dratini. Maybe magmar mybe i'll train an aipom.

Feraligatr
Furret
Ampharos
Magmar
Skarmory
Tyranitar

Hopefully I can get them all pre- national.

Hmmm, maybe something like this

Feraligatr
Ampharos
Miltank
Skarmory
Politoed
Gengar

i was considering Scizor, but I've already used him in my in-game team in Platinum. I've never had the opportunity to use a Gengar og Politoed before in an in-game team (albeit I could have used Gengar in Diamond and Platinum if I wanted), and it was either that or maybe a Tyranitar. If the Odd Egg returns, maybe I'll hatch something sweet from that. I'll have to trade for Skarmory though, as I'll be playing HG.

I will use:
Typlosion
Octillery
Umbreon
Ampharos
Noctowl
I will probably use the pokemon I get from the odd egg if it is included otherwise I will use Xatu

Forget it, I'm changing it. There are too many good Gen II pokemon to decide...

Feraligater
Miltank
Scizor Donphan
Electabuzz Houndoom
Umbreon/Jolteon/Espeon
Skarmory/Noctowl/Dragonite

SoulSilver
Meganium
Jynx
Ampharos
Gyarados
Flareon
Noctowl/Togekiss (Most likely the former.)
*HM Slave will fit in somewhere; undecided.

HeartGold
Typhlosion
Xatu
Electivire
Gyarados
Bellossom
Granbull/Ambipom (Most likely the latter.)
*HM Slave will fit in somewhere; undecided.

Its so hard to make a choice
Starter: Chiqurita
Then you need a flyer so Hoothot is an early catch

Yup Im that far

hmm....

Soul Silver:

Tyranitar(never trained one)
Espeon (Love it)
Pidgeot (Eh what can i say im a sucker for the original bird)
Typhlosion
Gyrados(subject to change)
hmmm.... suggestions for this slot?

Heart Gold:

Dragonite(havent trained one of these either)
Feraligator
Maganium
Noctowl
Arcanine(or Houndoom)
hmm... Umbreon (if arcanine not houndoom)

Last edited:
probly something like this
Feraligatr
Arcanine
Bellosom
Piloswine
Xatu
Noctowl

I usually use 3 Pokemon for Elite 4.

1. Haunter -- With the physical and special attack system changed, Haunter has become so much better than before!

2. Jynx -- But the physical and special attack system change is going to downgrade her, and I don't want to waste Ice Beam on my Pre-national team. Unless they make her learn Ice Beam via level up, or I should wait until she learns blizzard, and buy that PP-up medicine in the 3rd city.

3. Typhlosion -- Starters are useful.

The other 3 doesn't matter.
I might use one for flying or stuff like that.
Maybe I should try using Miltank too.

I'm decidedly uncertain as it stands. There are way too many unknowns: even asumming they don't change which critters are catchable were, that doesn't mean the johto dex list won't change - plenty of Johto-availables gained new evolutions in Generation 4 (Togetic, Magmar, Rhydon, Misdreavus, Murkrow, Eevee, Gligar, Pilloswine, Yanma, Tangela), and many of those Evos are powerful pokemon in their own rights. Some of them may have their evo-items limited to Kanto or post-E4 areas, but some don't have evolution items, so...

Plus there's the question of how and when trade will be allowed - Johto allowed it fairly early in the game (around...Ecruteak I think?), and Gen IV actually allows it anytime, pretty much, just marking the pokmeon as #???. There's no telling that we will actually be limited in pokemon choice at any time.

Moreover, we don't know how the attacks list (who learn what when) will change.

Or whether there will be more TMs.

Or plenty of other things.

I'm decidedly uncertain as it stands. There are way too many unknowns: even asumming they don't change which critters are catchable were, that doesn't mean the johto dex list won't change - plenty of Johto-availables gained new evolutions in Generation 4 (Togetic, Magmar, Rhydon, Misdreavus, Murkrow, Eevee, Gligar, Pilloswine, Yanma, Tangela), and many of those Evos are powerful pokemon in their own rights. Some of them may have their evo-items limited to Kanto or post-E4 areas, but some don't have evolution items, so...

Plus there's the question of how and when trade will be allowed - Johto allowed it fairly early in the game (around...Ecruteak I think?), and Gen IV actually allows it anytime, pretty much, just marking the pokmeon as #???. There's no telling that we will actually be limited in pokemon choice at any time.

yea i was actually about to say that because the some pokemon changed numbers in the johtodex lik lapras and growlithe

I don't think there will be any more TMs. Just move tutors.
But thats just my opinion.

I do hope they jiggle the movesets up abit, tho. It'd be nice to see some weaker Pokemon get more interesting movepools, some good Pokemon like Houndoom, Mantine, Typhlosion, Meganium and other Johto Pokemon could really benefit from some new moves.

Currently have five-
Feraligatr
Arcanine
Skarmory
Dragonite
Espeon or Umbreon, probably Espeon though.
And a electric type, not sure what though.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom