• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Heart Gold/ Soul Silver Pre-National Team

ill probabaly go with.

fraligatr
(red)gyarados
houndoom
drapion(if available if not victorybell)
ariados
scizor

I'd love to go with:

Typhlosion
Sneasel
Misdreavus
Hitmontop
Gligar
Noctowl

Ahh I don't know. I mean I normally wing it, but I might do some planning this time. The problem was in the original games many Pokemon's terrible movesets rendered the unusable without multiple Tms.

Considering Ariados, Kingdra, Laturn, Heracross, Hitmontop, Jumpluff, idk :(

Feraligatr
Scizor
Pidgeot or Crobat
Umbreon
Magmar
Gyarados or Mantine

I'm really unsure. It will probably look something like this:
[Starter, haven't decided yet]
Staraptor
Politoed
Miltank
Umbreon
Espeon
Tyranitar
Garchomp
Um... oh snap, that's more than six Pokémon. I really don't know.

I think I will be using this team in-game:

Feraligatr
Scyther
Pidgeot, to be replaced by Dragonite later on
Arcanine
Ampharos
Espeon/Umbreon

I'm not entirely sure about this, and since it's still a long time before the games will be released in North America and Europe, changes can be made. I like it when I play a Pokemon game while I don't exactly know what I will use on my team.

It'd be really nice to have updated movesets, sprites, know if we can trade, and know which Pokemon will be in which exactly.

Only ones I am sure of are Typhlosion Noctowl, and Chinchou. I need to see the full dex now that its changed to make a proper team.

Chikorita
If I get the version that Teddiursa is not available in, I will cry. I love him ^_^

I can't really decide on my starter yet but at the moment I'm leaning towards totodile, so it will probably be something like

Totodile
Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff - Depends on how available moonstones are
Ampharos
Ninetales
Pidgeot or Noctowl
Bellossom

Also want a Gengar though :S

1. Meganium
2. Feraligatr
3. Typhlosion
4. Pikachu
5. (a bird, maybe Noctowl)
6. ???

Meganium/Typhlosion/Feraligatr (I can't decide. |D;)
Furret
Noctowl
Quagsire
Jynx
Hitmontop

My team might change when HGSS comes to the US.

If it's anything like the original, Moon Stones just pop up quite often (you could get one right after the fourth gym if Mom hadn't bought one yet)

Yeah. Do you think you'll still be able to get them from the moon stone in mt. moon square?

Last edited:
I've thought a bit about it, but until I know exactly which Pokémon are going to be in which version, things might very well change.

Typhlosion
Ursaring (never had one before, ever)
Eeveelution (Leafeon if possible, if not Espeon)
Suicune/Lapras/Gyarados (undecided)

Last two I haven't decided. Any two out of of: Electivire, Ampharos, Tyranitar, Scyther, Crobat, Heracross, Mismagius, Weavile, Yanmega.

The last two mostly depend on whether or not any of the gen 4 evolutions are available pre Nat Dex (I'd guess so, but you never know) and whether T-Tar can be caught before then.

I'll find suitable HM slaves that I'll just switch around when I need them. I already know roughly when I'm going to need which HM moves, so I'm not worried about that. I don't really need Fly during the main story.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom