• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Heart Gold/ Soul Silver Pre-National Team

Typhlosion
Lapras/Quagsire/Mantine
Ampharos
Xatu/Lugia
Tyranitar

you know, I didn't think of this team in the originals.

Gen 4 made a lot of the gen 2 Pokemon more appealing, so I'm not gonna use the Johto ones in my trainer card like I did in Silver besides Feraligator. Umbreon and Yanmega look promising.

-Typhlosion
-Ampharos
-Scizor (only if the games let you trade with DPPt, since I'm not planning on buying the two versions for doind the trades; otherwise, I'll pick Heracross)
-Red Gyarados
-Espeon
-Tyranitar, if we can catch it pre-National; if not, maybe a HM slave.

im surprised there arent any dragonites. Maybe, if i feel like it i'll do Meganium
jumpluff
victreebell
bellosom
politoed
leafeon
tangagroeth
celebi

pick 6 of those

Typhlosion
Togetic/Togekiss
Ampharos/Odd Egg IF Elekid
Umbreon
Donphan
Gyarados/Lapras

HMs will work themselves out. Fly on Togepps, (I swear to god if they make us use flash in dark cave, someone's losing an eye), Stregnth on one of them, Donphan eventually ( I REALLY HOPE that Phanpy is available early), Surf+Waterfall on the Waters.

I'm thinking of..

Feraligatr
Heracross
Gligar? (then Gliscor post nd)
Houndoom
Porygon-2
and then probably Tyranitar :D

I'll just throw the HMs in as i go along.

I'll probably have;

Feraligatr
Vulpix
Alakazam
Gengar
Raichu
Steelix

assuming we include trades for evoloving :p

Playing GSC for so many hours as a kid made me tired of Feraligatr, Espeon, Steelix, Tyranitar, Houndoom, and Noctowl. I had multiple playthroughs, but that was, I think, my main Silver team. This time I'm getting HG with:

Typhlosion
Umbreon
Togekiss
Kingdra
Scizor
Electivire

Plus shiny Zubat I caught in Platinum will be my flyer as Crobat.

...if DPt trades are available. Might change for Red Gyrados.

I'm not really sure on what I can get. But I'm assuming this.
1) Typhlosion
2) Gyrados
3) Pidgeot

All of I've thought of right now. But I'll probably catch until I have six and raise em.

1. Typhlosion
2. Crobat
3. Gengar
4. Alakazam
5. Scizor
6. Poliwrath

I know its not great but they're pokemon I like and that look plausible to get at a reasonable stage in the game. I imagine it will chage dramatically before I get it at the European release.

> Totodile (yes, not evolved)
> Sneasel
> Typhlosion
> Espeon
> Bellossom
> Pikachu

I hope we can trade Pokemon from D/P/Pt straightaway.

You can trade immediately, but until you get the 4th badge none of your Pokesmon will obey because the level limits are poorly designed.

HG

Typhlosion
Ampharos
Gyarados
Heracross
Noctowl??
Golem??

Scizor
Umbreon
Noctowl/Crobat
Quilava/Slowking
Snorlax/Miltank
Arcanine

Some are hard to decide...

But Scizor, Umbreon, and Arcanine are my favorites, so, they'll always be in.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom