• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Heart Gold/ Soul Silver Pre-National Team

For me
1.Yanmega
2.Marshtomp
3.Togekiss
4.Porygon-Z
5.Dusknoir
6.Tangrowth
There all so awesome!!!

I'm not sure about this one, I might change it but:
Typhlosion, Crobat, Forretress, Gengar, Lapras/ Red Gyarados, idk
Can anyone suggest some pokemon for me. <:D

Last edited:
Here's my team so far:

Typhlosion
Kingdra
Gengar
Alakazam/Espeon
Ampharos
Heracross/Scizor

I really do need help with some in-game movesets, though. Especially for Typhlosion

For HeartGold I'm thinking of recreating, with a few tweaks, my old team from Crystal--

Chikorita
Noctowl
Houndoom
Ampharos
Espeon
Red Gyarados/Extremespeed Dragonair/Kingdra

The unevolved pokémon are to make gameplay more interesting.

Not sure what the team will be for SoulSilver, expect that I'm going with Cyndaquil as the starter.

Me I think this team is good excepet jumpluff: Typhlosion Jumpluff Spikey Eared Pichu Pinsir Lapras Dodrio

The same team that I've been referring to everywhere is my main team:

Meganium
Poliwrath
Fearow
Ampharos
Scizor
Umbreon
Mamoswine

With Fearow going out for Mamoswine against Clair.

1. Persian (THUNDUH KITTY)
2. Togetic
3. Eevee
4. Donphan
5. Alakazam
6. Meganium

All of these will be hatched from eggs, and truthfully, I would use the My Pokemon Ranch Mew that I FINALLY got a couple days ago.

(Totodile,) Croconaw - Teeth
Teeth will be my Starter Pokémon. Totodile and Croconaw have always been my favourites of the Johto starters, so..
The moveset I have planned is Surf, Ice Fang, Crunch and Aqua Tail.
...And before you ask, I'm not going to evolve it into Feraligatr, as I prefer Croconaw (Feraligatr is SCARY).

(Murkrow,) Honchkrow - ??? - No nickname found yet
I spent some time wondering which Pokémon would be my "Flyer", considering Pidgeot, Noctowl and Xatu as well. In the end, I decided to trade over a Murkrow-egg from Platinum and raise it, seeing as Honchkrow is one of my favourite Pokémon.
The moveset I have planned is Fly, Wing Attack, Night Slash and Dark Pulse.

(Mareep, Flaaffy,) Ampharos - ??? - No nickname found yet
Same as the above, Amphy has always been among my favourite Pokémon, at least if you only count those found in Johto.
The moveset I have planned is ThunderPunch, Discharge, Signal Beam and Power Gem.

Meowth - Mesos
Mesos isn't really a battler, and is simply the Mascot of the team, seeing as most people know me as FireMeowth. It will most likely be at the front of the team whenever I take pictures.
The moveset I have planned is Cut, Hypnosis, U-turn and Pay Day.
This one will also be traded over from Platinum as an egg, by the way.

Lapras - Plesiance
Plesiance is the Field Master of the team, or the "HM Slave", if you prefer that expression. I decided that I might as well use it, seeing as it learns the four HMs not in the movesets of any of my other Pokémon.
The moveset I have planned is Strength, Whirlpool, Rock Smash and Waterfall.

...And I'll leave an open slot for something random, like the Togepi egg and other Gift Pokémon.

I thought about this for a long time but I think I finally have a team in mind, and I went with the choice of SoulSilver over HeartGold because I just like Lugia a lot more :p

~Feraligatr(Aqua Jet+Swords Dance :p)
~Furret(HM Slave)
~Pidgeot(Need a user with Fly)
~Dragonite(With Extremespeed he's no joke)
~Tyranitar(Pretty much one of Johto's powerhouses')
~Scizor(Technician Bullet Punch is all I have to say)

Although I will be switching a few of them out because I will need to use other HMs...I think I'll only need someone to use Surf and Whirlpool iirc.

I'm still not sure what their nicknames will be :(

My team at the start will be a pretty basic one, I am get SS first.
First 8 leaders
Feraligatr- Surf, Ice fang, I cant remember
Ampharos- Focus Blast, Discharge, power gem, undecided
Lapras/Red Gyaradose
Crobat/Noctowl/Togetic
Machoke/Onix (traded ones- HM plus decent atk use- Maybe Sudowudo)
Not Sure about the last oneanyone got any Ideas- I will most likely need a fire type like say Vulpix (ninetales if I am lucky at bug contest) or magmar just for balance

I will include Lugia and take away my second water type after the I am able to

Hope you like it and please reply

My team will probably be(these are their final forms)

Typhlosion (My starter)
Bellossom
Slowking
Togetic
Umbreon
Scizor,Heracross,or Ariados

I need help!
Help me choose between the three Bug types!

Last edited:
Mine will be:
Feraligatr:
Pidgeot:
Sandslash:
Magmar:
Onix.
Nidoqueen/King.

Last edited:
my team on heartgold:

typhlosion; lvl 64
gengar; lvl 59
noctowl; lvl 67
ho-oh; lvl 56
heracross (my favourite :D); lvl 74
and steelix; lvl 60

my team on soulsilver:

feraligatr; lvl 89
ampharos; lvl 86
lugia; lvl 93
pidgeot; lvl 84
heracross (still my favourite one xD); lvl 99 (37000 exp yet ..)
and slowking; lvl 98

im very busy with training my heracross to lvl 100 :)

My team will probably be(these are their final forms)

Typhlosion (My starter)
Bellossom
Slowking
Togetic
Umbreon
Scizor,Heracross,or Ariados

I need help!
Help me choose between the three Bug types!

never take ariados, ariados sucks .. :p
i should take heracross, i like him.
but i think scizor would be more powerfull.

what you can do else, take a scizor in your team and put a heracross in the daycare and try to 'forget it'
I had accidentally forgotten it :p
;120 hours of gameplay later; i looked at my daycare, heracross lvl 78 xD

I've never really been good at building teams but how's this
Typhlosion
Crobat
Heracross
Victreebel
Gyarados
Ampharos

My Pre-National Dex Team I used to take on the Elite Whores and my Post-National Dex Team are one in the same, but I have:

Feraligatr
Female
Jolly Nature
~Waterfall
~Earthquake
~Superpower
~Crunch (will be replaced for Ice Punch)

My starter, I reset until I got a female and a decent nature for her. She's my lead physical fighter.

Typhlosion
Female
Rash Nature
~Flamethrower
~Eruption
~Lava Plume
~Focus Blast

Traded over an egg from Diamond, then bred for the nature. First egg was female and I perfer females anyways. She's meant to be my lead special fighter, but I'm having difficulty with deciding a move set. The above I'm not liking due to poor type coverage (3/4 of the mvoes are Fire) and Focus Blast doesn't hit half the time. Any sugggestions are welcome.

Tyranitar
Female
Adamant Nature
~Earthquake
~Crunch
~Stone Edge
~Dark Pulse (will be replaced for Aqua Tail))

Like Typhlosion, I traded an egg over from Diamond and then bred the baby for the nature I wanted (I have Dittos of every nature and everstones). Female because Godzilla was a girl. She does good, don't really feel as though she needs any changing.

Ampharos
Female
Modest Nature
~Thunderbolt
~Signal Beam
~Focus Punch
~Discharge

Caught a Mareep next to Violet City, later bred for a good nature. So far she's been extremely helpful, especially on water routes. Don't feel the need to change her, though I might switch out Discharge for Heal Bell. Not sure yet.

Espeon
Male
Modest Nature
~Calm Mind
~Psybeam
~Shadow Ball
~Last Resort (will be replaced for Psychic later on)

I aquired him through a trade over the GTS, he's actually a Japanese Pokemon. I'm not sure weather to replace Psybeam or not. Open to suggestions for his move set.

Wobbuffet
Female
Bold Nature
~Encore
~Counter
~Mirror Coat
~Safeguard

I caught a Wobbuffet in the Dark Cave, traded over a Lax incense and bred it into a Wynaut for Encore. It's a Wobbuffet, only one strategy there, and it's full of lulz.

I like having a team of 3 up until the main legendary capture I also like challenging myself alot. My main team at the moment is quite minimal:

Feraligatr
Ampharos
Gliscor (traded from diamond)
HM slave :p

By Elite four it should be:
Feraligatr
Ampharos
Gliscor
(Lugia but you don't like legendaries)
Gyrados.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom