• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Holiday Bonanza 2020 - Endgame

No and the hostage taker sounds more like a mafia role.
Just because it sounds like one doesn’t make it one. Roleblocker sounds like a mafia role and is commonly but is not always mafia. Doctor sounds like town but isn’t always town. There are mafia doctors occasionally.

Thisnis just a case of that. The hosts decided to make my role indep for this mafia. A mafia that redirects everything but a vig kill on them would be OP for this small of a game.

Vote: Max1996

Fair enough.

Max1996’s reason for Jailing me N1 doesn’t make much sense either. He said he did it because he thought I was more likely to be Town but my first vote on jamiebearcub Day 1 led to a Townie lynch.

Vote: Max1996

Fair enough.

Max1996’s reason for Jailing me N1 doesn’t make much sense either. He said he did it because he thought I was more likely to be Town but my first vote on jamiebearcub Day 1 led to a Townie lynch.
What I thought was that your play looked very similar from what I remember from past games where you were Town. The reason I chose you was that, if I noticed, scum would've noticed too for sure. That's what I figured during Night 1.

What I thought was that your play looked very similar from what I remember from past games where you were Town. The reason I chose you was that, if I noticed, scum would've noticed too for sure. That's what I figured during Night 1.

Gun to your head who is Mafia with Midorikawa?

Unvote: Max1996
Vote: Midorikawa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Night 3

All throughout the day, people quarreled and squabbled.
The lynch targets changing, until, at last, a group together was cobbled.
Midorikawa’s role was extremely suspicious and unnerving.
And, as it turned out, of that suspicion she was deserving.

Though an Independent she turned out to be in the end,
She was to those sinister Scoundrels more of a friend.
And so, the game continues, and the night falls.
But, for Hans Gruber, it would seem like death calls.

The Hostage Taker himself made a repeat appearance.
Same character, same role, to that there was adherence.
Though once a Scoundrel in the 2017 Holiday Mafia game,
This time, his alignment was not quite the same.

Still, though, for the Heroes, this is a small victory.
And so, they should all be feeling quite benedictory.
The game continues to plod ever onward and carries on.
I wonder which player will be the next one to be gone.

But that’s all the time I have for this update in rhyme.
Now it seems that the Heroes are hitting their prime.
So farewell, and get some rest, to all the dear players.
And, hopefully, the Mafia Gods will answer all your prayers.

mido: dw, jinjo, max, hd
max: jamie, mido, rc

Midorikawa Yipee Ki Yayed the wrong motherfucker and was eliminated.

Dear Midorikawa,

You are Hans Gruber from Die Hard.

nw-KLDdHiWTg-IQVvm24zbjE38v6hzl2caJ-jUbEuRj1noIuBfJfejllR62UYb-HeGqQG43s_7LesNw_4WLpvJW6agx-sPth38-JWo41c_E7X17qMXbQHHLAE5ABFvpSraMz6_gmFVg

“Now I have a machine gun. Ho, ho, ho.”

Hans was the mastermind behind the Nakatomi Plaza heist. Using his background with the West German Volksfrei movement, a terrorist organization from which Hans had been expelled due to his extremist behavior, Hans disguised the robbery as a terrorist incident. While Gruber and his gang were able to get their hands on the $640 million in negotiable Bearer Bonds that was in Nakatomi's vault, his plan fell apart when John McClane got involved, ultimate ending with a wounded Hans falling to his death off the 30th floor of the Nakatomi building.

During his reign of terror, Hans had no qualms killing innocent people to achieve his goal, and personally killed Nakatomi's president, Joe Takagi, when he refused to surrender the vault's code. Played by Alan Rickman, Hans Gruber is considered to be one of the best villains of all time, and is seen as the true nemesis of John McClane.

But what does any of this have to do with Christmas? Well, Gruber's master plan started when he and his henchmen took over a holiday party for Nakatomi employees that was being held on Christmas Eve, making Gruber a Christmas villain.

HHD4uxvPV1sXFtfQ7wij6zdcJN-FmWLSYAEjbDY3nmHSCIUW7DbPFcnZX0m5e37ZT4eTUdv2i3RDtzlBL0OCl_KYkCZE8_jrX5DC_nOFclfkEnklJhT81cpnjPDG7jfecoZsOIkXhXo

Because of your background and actions in the Die Hard movie, you are a Hostage Taker and will be able to take a player you target hostage, preventing them from using their role and sending all actions targeting you, besides kills, to your hostage instead by using your Night Action when you say Take [Player] hostage during the Night Phase in your Role PM.

You are a Anti-Town Survivor (Independent) and win if you are alive at the end of the game.
Because you are taking people hostage, you are also considered Hostile to Town, preventing them from winning while you still live.

This character was submitted by jdthebud.
They were the Hostage Taker, anti-town independent.

It is now Night 3. Phase ends 11th December at 0:00 AWST.

Should have kept my vote on Midorikawa Day1, or vigged her last night.

Are there two scum left? One seems too little. If there are two, the game is still ongoing because of jamie’s vote.

I need everyone’s top two Mafia.

My top 2 are Rainbow Cloud and DawningWinds. The former, already explained why. The latter is relatively inactive in this thread, but hasn't been subbed out yet for some reason.

Ok, Mido was lying about being lynch proof and although indep was hostile.

Should have kept my vote on Midorikawa Day1, or vigged her last night.

Are there two scum left? One seems too little. If there are two, the game is still ongoing because of jamie’s vote.

I need everyone’s top two Mafia.
Does jamie count towards our majority though, was sure I read somewhere that she didn't but I can't find that now?

If not and there are two scum then the only way we can still be in this if if we have some town protection like Max's role or maybe a role that can interfere like Dawning's otherwise we're certain to lose tonight.

Jinjo doesn't fit this description even if they had acquired Mido's role as it can't stop kills, so if the above is the case then Jinjo looks more likely a rolecop and scum and Max looks to more likely town.

Thinking Jinjo and Dawning as scum right now.

Does jamie count towards our majority though, was sure I read somewhere that she didn't but I can't find that now?
Role PM doesn't seem to make any mention of that.

```Dear jamiebearcub,

You are Frosty the Snowman.

IwR7gZTPYg1vM4_kceb6gUln34sOCXkPL4JoW0C2DR9Tq4qZWOECayxMxbVOmrWgCqg7lBUCJzyyWp87k0qfBdAUMa48eScFWZTZeNIJ69cSFkHIT5lOHdInjnhFOeA1KyCDfx4QBQY

“Let’s run and we’ll have some fun, now before I melt away!”

A snowman brought to life after being built by some children, it’s thought that his sentience was brought about by the silk hat he wears. A being of joy and laughter, his sole purpose in life is to spread happiness to all he meets, until he melts from the heat, only to return again another day when he’s rebuilt, making him almost immortal as long as someone exists to rebuild him.

NmtPFc2Pl25Dry8Sd98konqm4VyhkGJ2sNfa8Eg2t4mvIf2bYmmFpelSVI6Hg5_mCm-wB7-8LGFL_otkMkQmv8m6o7rChakx4bwIC0SItcLRWfdYKO13JGKRN53ocjD_bkvni68YooI

So I'm assuming it's basically an ordinary vote, aside from jamie posting it privately.

Role PM doesn't seem to make any mention of that.

So I'm assuming it's basically an ordinary vote, aside from jamie posting it privately.
Yeah, was sure it did though when I first read it but maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Still my thoughts are Jinjo and Dawning though, wondering if Drunkifier is cover for some role that can give post restrictions?

Has anyone else had messages about receiving presents, I haven't had one again tonight not that I would have said yes again anyway?

Back
Top Bottom