• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How come Dento and Iris have such a good interaction between each other?

What is better?

• Brock and Dawn

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Dento and Iris

Votes: 49 87.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How come Dento and Iris have such a good relationship between each other?

That's not it at all. Its just that DP focused on Ash/Dawn's friendship and ONLY that, and Brock was left out without another character to play off of, unlike when he had Max back in AG.

Did you actually read the rest of the post? There was alot going on in DP that they simply had no time to develop anything between Brock and Dawn. With Best Wishes, they've cut out quite a few plot lines, even the one that was present since episode two, and that is basically Team Rocket's constant tailing and abducting Pikachu. Since that's been cut out, they actually have time to develop relationships between the current protagonists.

Did you actually read the rest of the post? There was alot going on in DP that they simply had no time to develop anything between Brock and Dawn. With Best Wishes, they've cut out quite a few plot lines, even the one that was present since episode two, and that is basically Team Rocket's constant tailing and abducting Pikachu. Since that's been cut out, they actually have time to develop relationships between the current protagonists.

There were a lot of eps in DP that were not Gyms/Contests/Rivals/tournaments.

Even in standard DP eps, the Dawn/Brock interaction was so dull. And in those regular eps, Dawn interacted with Ash 90% of the time anyway.

Iris and Dento do have a good relationship, but it isn't really anything spectacular so far. I mean, we're only in 15 episodes into Best Wishes and now we're saying that Iris and Dento have such an amazing friendship? I'm not saying they don't, they do, but shouldn't we wait before saying such things? They could turn out to hate each other for all we know.

So far, I prefer Brock and Dawn's relationship. But that's because DP's over and I'm one of the few people who could actually remember and appreciate some of their interactions throughout the entire saga. It isn't really fair to pit just Brock/Dawn against Iris/Dento. Of course everyone will pick Iris/Dento, but shouldn't Brock/May be compared to to them also?

Well I think the poll speaks for itself. 29 people think Iris/Dento have better interactions compared to only 7.

That doesn't exactly mean that Iris and Dento's interactions are, in fact, better. The poll basically reads that more people prefer their interactions over Brock and Dawn's. It's all based on opinions in the end.

Edit:
Even in standard DP eps, the Dawn/Brock interaction was so dull. And in those regular eps, Dawn interacted with Ash 90% of the time anyway.

And the Brock/May interaction wasn't? Honestly, there's nothing interesting about the two shopping together. Moments with Brock/Dawn like in Get Your Rotom Running and Leading a Stray are what made me like their interactions more.

I don't think it's fair to compare Brock/Dawn to Iris/Dento. In that case Brock/May and Brock/Misty should be apart of it as well. We're still early into BW and the most Iris and Dento have interacted were in episode 9 and when Iris helped heal Yanappu. Brock and Dawn had a few moments together like the Psyduck episode but they mostly focused on Ash and Dawn's friendship (they even sing about their friendship in High Touch, something May or Misty never did with him) but in the end it's all opinion based.

Since when were we supposed to compare one group to another?

They're different characters. They're not clones. There's nothing wrong if they're not like a previous/newer group. God. If you have time to compare their interactions to past crew members, then I pity you. Stop the bull and enjoy the show.

I'm sorry,I cant vote on this poll until there's a middle option.I do still defend my point about Iris and Dento interacting more than just on the battle, but I dislike absolutism.You cant really compare them, the situations are different,some will like the characters and dynamics more than others,but it comes down to personal taste,which is not measurable.

Oh, I forgot to mention my last post was a general post more aimed at those who /constantly/ criticize the new/old characters for not interacting as much as another group or something. Didn't mean to word things how I did; kinda got to me, since these comparisons seem to happen too often. D:

Just seen too many, "oh, Dento is so much better than Takeshi because he interacts more!" or, "Man, Iris does nothing. She sucks. Hikari is better" and such.

I think the problem is Brock's character was originally designed to play off Misty and be a mentor to a "newbie" Ash back in Kanto.

After Ash started maturing and Misty left, Brock's role in the main group started to be relegated to simply cooking and explaining battle strategies.

He still remained somewhat involved in the AG group, because as said he and Max played off one another, he had Pokemon when Max didn't, and the group was sometimes split into pairs of 2.

With DP, they did the two hero thing again, but Dawn got more screentime than May did, and without a 4th character like Max around, Brock faded into the background even more.

I thought this was all rather obvious. Brock was designed for the original trio (obviously), and became less and less involved as the groups changed.

You know, seems this thread should be called, "Which do you prefer" not which is better or anything.

So far, it does seem that the friendship between Iris and Dento will have the potential to be better, but who knows if that'll continue or last, but Gliscor'd made a good point too as to why things were the way they were as far as DP went. I didn't see a lot of DP, but I did find the interactions between Takeshi and Hikari a bit dull, but...it's probably for some of the reasons already mentioned. I do find Dento and Iris' interactions a bit more interesting compared to Hikari and Takeshi's...but like I said, still the beginning.

Not going to vote, mainly because I didn't see all of DP (so it wouldn't be very objective of me) and BW is still in its early stages.

I aint gonna vote to many I hate Brock/Takeshi n Dawn/Hikari replies it comes off as a little biased.

Last edited:

Since Dawn was a little more independent in the beginning she really didn't need Brock's coaching as much as May did, since May really didn't know a thing about pokemon when she first started.

I'm sorry,I cant vote on this poll until there's a middle option.I do still defend my point about Iris and Dento interacting more than just on the battle, but I dislike absolutism.You cant really compare them, the situations are different,some will like the characters and dynamics more than others,but it comes down to personal taste,which is not measurable.

I didn't even mention the battle, that was like a bonus. Brock could've battled Dawn too, it's not the point.

The main point was that Iris and Dento are seen more as a good trio with Ash because they're all impotant, and Brock wasn't in DP.

The main point was that Iris and Dento are seen more as a good trio with Ash because they're all impotant, and Brock wasn't in DP.

Iris so far is just as backgroundish and unimportant as Brock was to DP. She does nothing. I'm curious to see where this "importance" comes from.

She's more important than Brock, that's for sure. The combination between her and Dento /Ash is better than Brock's with Dawn and Ash.

As for the screentime, we'll see. She'll get her own eps soon. How many eps Brock got in DP, maybe 5 out of 190?

She's more important than Brock, that's for sure.

Despite Brock helping Ash for 13 years? I don't think so!

She's more important than Brock, that's for sure.

Not really. What has she done outside of her lone focus episode? Whipped up medecine and helped save Ash. No other impact on the plot. She's the new Brock alright.

The combination between her and Dento /Ash is better than Brock's with Dawn and Ash.

While I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying that Iris/Dento isn't all that either. Neither friendship is perfect. Just take this week's episode. Dento had much more funnier and more interesting interactions with Bel than he ever did with Iris.

At least back up some of your claims, cause so far nothing you've posted is fact, but opinions.

The combination between her and Dento /Ash is better than Brock's with Dawn and Ash.

Wait, I just noticed this Iris/Dento/Ash are a better combination than Brock/Ash? I understand Brock/Dawn but Brock/Ash? No.

I voted for Dento and Iris. Dento and Iris get along VERY nicely together! Dento and Iris get along MUCH better than Brock and Dawn together EVER did!!!!!!!!!

There aren't "better" and "worse" characters,there are good done and bad done characters depending in how they successfully fulfill their role in the storyline,but you cant say one character is better to another,is like comparing colors and saying that purple is better than orange.

I didn't even mention the battle, that was like a bonus. Brock could've battled Dawn too, it's not the point.

That wasn't targeted at you.There were some posts here that said that,and those were I was replying.Sorry for wording it like that.

This thing is getting complex...

With Ash in the "newbie role" again, Iris and Dent have somewhat similar to Brock's and Misty's interaction in the old series, with the same roles. It's just natural they act better with each other, diferent from May, Max and Dawn, those are more attached to Ash.

Anyway, I think it's too early to say something. Dent and Iris just have more funny moments together than Brock and Dawn in DP, which is good. I prefer to wait until 30 or 40 episodes, to say if they have or not a "good relationship".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom