• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How do you organize your storage boxes?

I totally go for matching wallpapers, too. Makes the boxes easier to tell apart.

I really don't organize my boxes that much since that would be way too much work.

I do have a separate box for Lv100s
One for Legendaries
One for Eeveelutions
And one for things I plan to train.
I also now have a box for Mega Pokemon.

Typically, I have a box for Water-types, too, since there's a Water-type Wallpaper.

But yeah, otherwise, my stuff just tends to stay where they end up when they're sent to the PC after I catch them.

I organize by National Dex number. And I am really glad there's I think 7 extra boxes, rather than the usual 2 or 3 from previous generations. The names are 1-30, 31-60, etc. And all my wallpapers (before X) were Simple, now I'm using the PokeCenter wallpaper.

I organize by type, and within in each type, all Pokémon are ordered by national dex number. All Pokémon are categorized by primary type, if dual typed (except Noibat/Noivern, they're in the Dragon box). Tornadus will end up in the Normal box. Each type box is alphabetized amongst the others, so Bug, Dark, Electric, etc, ending with Water 2 (so far Normal and Water are eaching chewing up two boxes).

Aside from those, I have a box devoted solely to Wonder Trade fodder, a box for Pokémon that I need to breed or need to train, the Important box with my rotating team members and HM slaves, and a box full of Anticipation Eevee with decent natures and IVs since I'm addicted to the brown furballs.

Last edited:
Organize? You mean not everybody just randomly drops Pokemon into boxes but instead categorizes them by type? No wonder why I can never the Pokemon I'm looking for.

Box 1: My favourites that I use in-story. Also the ones that I most often have in my party, or use in battles (whether in-story or online). Almost all of them were in my Battle Box at one stage or another, and most of them have nicknames. They include:
- Greninja/Fernanda (my starter)
- Venusaur/Bernarde (my other starter)
- Blaziken (event Torchic)
- Lucario (from Korrina)
- Bronzong (from my very first wonder trade!)
- Gardevoir/Rosalina (the very first Fairy-type that I caught (as a Ralts) in-game)

Box 2: Other Pokémon that I keep that I may use in battles (mainly online).
Box 3-5: Filler Pokémon that I caught and keep them for breeding.
Box 6-13: Boxes not in use
Box 14-15: Breeded Pokémon to be traded to others, or otherwise kept until a future game.

I separate by the number of evolutions by the Pokemon. Also, the legendaries have a separate box.

I organize mine by their levels. I'm currently trying to train and evolve all the Pokemon I catch and I stop training them when they stop learning moves. I've done this for three and a half boxes now (I have twelve boxes full of Pokemon I caught and I'm at box four)

I considered organising by type, but it is easier for me to sort by level.
Box 1 - low lv
Box 2 - lv 20+
Box 3 - lv 30+ etc.
The last two boxes are one for legendaries (LEGEND), and another for breeding & in-game trades (SEXTRADE)
In FR and Silver there's a box for Unown too.

I put the ones i like more/use more towards the top, and the ones that know field moves on the very top line (easy to find someone who can surf/fly/dig in a rush)

By Type, then I have boxes for frequent party members, Pokémon I need to train, unhatched eggs, legendary Pokémon, and shiny Pokémon- the rest are used to store hatching/breeding failures before I release them or wonder trade them off (release the not-good ones, Wonder Trade off the ones with good IVs/natures).

Since wonder trade was made in gen VI, I've made 7 sections. The first couple boxes are pokemon I use and are my favorites. Then I pair up male and female English pokemon. Then I have English pokemon organized by generation, that I haven't paired up yet. Then the same as the last two but with foreign pokemon. Then pokemon that are duplicates that I can wonder trade, then pokemon that I've bred in attempts for shinies that I'm also going to wonder trade!

In Gen I & II, I wasn't too concerned for how I organized, but the particular Pokémon I needed became muddled up in the boxes, so from Gen III and on, I started organizing the boxes in numerical order. First, I set them up in the current region's Pokédex order (or lump them together if there's no room to space them apart), then when it changes to the National Pokédex, I make available any box I can and put Pokémon in the spot they need to go.

I organize like this

good ivs 1
good ivs 2
good ivs 3
breed 1
breed 2
breed 3
eggas and copies 1
eggs and copies 2
shinies
variations ( like vilvlions)
trade 1
trade 2
recently caught
Communications (I name pokemon with thingslike shiny4shiny or no, try again, stuff like that to communicate in trades)

AND SO ON LIKE THAT XD

I'm like a lot of people when I organize my Pokemon by types. The types that go into certain boxes are the primary typing (except flying types since Noivern is the only primary dual flying type).

Then, I have a seperate box for my eevees. When I learn more about IVs, and get more female eevees, I shall create the perfect group of eeveees.

Another box I have set up is Training. This is for Pokemon I am currently trying to train to become epic battle ready.

Another box I have set up it Battle. The Pokemon in this box is ready for battle, but they also might want some tweaking every now and then.

I have two boxes on standby, one called eggs and another called epic.

When I start playing and until I finish the main story I just stick them where ever they land after I catch them. Once I complete the main story and work on completing the Pokedex I number the boxes 1-30, 31-60... etc and work on filling them up. I have one box used for new additions and the rest numbered. This helps me know which ones are missing from my Pokedex as well as my collection. When one Evolves then it moves and I need to get the unevolved form again. X and Y do not have enough space for all 700+ mons so I am going to have to use Pokemon Bank to make my system work. This should be interesting... Right now I am playing Emerald to get the legendaries that are only available in the 3rd gen games.

Dom

I go by National Dex order, as my 3 Living Dexes can attest to. 8U It just feels right and organized. I tend to use a snowy background for my Living Pokedex boxes, while any extras get the special wallpaper I like the most.

I also organize my boxes by National Dex number, but only for Pokemon that I have nicknamed and leveled up. Random stragglers get stuck in separate boxes or released.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom