• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How would you imagine it feels to be a Pokemon in battle?

Somari

Reaction score
The closest current sports that humans participate in we have to Pokemon battling are boxing, kick boxing, and another rougher sort boxing whose name escapes me.

It often seems painful by our standards, however most Pokemon seem quite less pain resistant then humans or even regular animals.

I suppose the adrenaline rush, sportsmanship and fun maxes out any danger in most minds though.

Last edited:
Seems like a bit like sparring. A contest of strength and strategy. Exhilarating, but dangerous if done recklessly.

That's a..Bleak way of putting it.
Ya. :sweatlol: But you gotta know there's lots of pain involved in battles for the Pokemon. You know if the game/anime wasn't aimed at kids that there would be more casualties, or atleast injuries, involved with Pokemon.

Now that you mention it...

How would it feel to get burned? @-@ Or poisoned...

I say it depends on whether you're winning or losing... :p

._. Never thought of it. Never wanted to think about it. =.=

Very much an adrenaline rush; if anybody's ever been in competitive sparring and/or been in serious physical danger, I'd imagine that it's halfway between those.

Other than that, probably a bit painful; I say a bit because the Pokémon, as wild creatures, probably have the natural ability to "block out" some pain while fighting to give them a better chance to defend themselves.

I'd think of it as a fun event lol...then I'd use my stealthy tactics to beat my opponent/s

In games: God damnit Joey, fuck your Ratatta

In real life: OMG! SO MUCH BLOOOD!

Now that you mention it...

How would it feel to get burned? @-@ Or poisoned...

I wouldn't mind falling asleep and not feeling pain until I wake up.

Last edited:
I bet being in a pokemon battle would feel pretty freaking close to an orgasm (especially if you win against an E4 member!!)- I should know (Unlike you). I'm Lust.

It'd probably be the same feeling you get from cockfighting or betting on a boxing match or something. Or you could just do the Pokemon Special way of battling and actually be involved in the fight.

Deppends if I am a legendary, in which case it's just a fun game and a test on what humanity brings me this time.

If not... Then I guess it would be for most like being a profesional fighter or a samurai or something like that...
Unless your trainer is very stupid, the most you'd face is a tackle or a cut or a sting that's very easilly healed either way at first. Then as you keep getting stronger you'd be able to do fine against the giant flames and nastier cuts.

It'd be fun, but dangerous at the same time for me. It's cool for me to execute different types of moves in battle.

If anyone actually knows it would be my online persona me. Due to my online persona's my physiology, I can take the position of both trainer and pokemon in battle, and it has I have to say it can get ugly. Getting beat up in battle is just that, and don't even get my online persona me started on special conditions. The sleep condition is just like getting anesthetized before surgery, and freeze literally coats the body in a thick sheet of ice. Paralysis is just like it sounds - you can't move, and you can't feel a thing - kinda strange, I'd have to admit. Poison is just nasty, it makes you sick to your stomach, and burn is more like actually being on fire than just a burn. Confusion? I don't know, I don't remember how it feels. Flinch is just a fch, nothing more. I have to admit that due to my online persona's my intellect infatuation doesn't effect my online persona me, and disable actually effects your ability to remember how to use an attack or a move, instead of disabling the move itself. Curse is nasty - you see ghosts everywhere, nightmare locks you in a nightmare until you wake up, and faint is basically a coma.

As a trainer, your pokemon trusts you to let it know how to defend itself and defeat its opponent. If a pokemon doesn't trust you, it may ignore you, take a snooze, or even disobey and attempt to prove you wrong. Even a captured pokemon has some of the wild still in it. You can take the pokemon out of the wild, but can't take the wild out of the pokemon. A pokemon doesn't obey out of submission, it obeys out of friendship.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom