• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Insider bias in favor of Psychic and Dragon types? & Conspiracy VS Bug-types!?

Now although that may be true, there is no physical defensive Pokemon in the class of Blissey, and the standard game is still dominated by Physical Sweepers.

Yes but one could say there aren't any other special defensive Pokemon in the same class as Blissey. The unfortunate fact is that you can either opt for Blissey or risk things with Cress.

Future games will hopefuly change this with more special walls.

AHEM! Going back on topic, I just edited the original post again.

OK, am I the only person who thinks someone in Gamefreak has haterade on Bug-types?

OK, am I the only person who thinks someone in Gamefreak has haterade on Bug-types?

Well bugs are weak pokemon in general, because most of them are easy to obatain in the early game, and they have small movepools, AND all of the good ones (Fortress, Heracross, ad VQuen) all have one 4x effective against them (Fire, Flying and Rock respectively).

Aways, if they wanted to unhate on the bugs, they would give them a fast hitter, and if your right about the Psi/Dark, that would make the STAb bug moves, 4x effective, sorta like weavile STABing Ice Punch aganist the Dragons.

[1]Well bugs are weak pokemon in general, because most of them are easy to obatain in the early game, and they have small movepools, AND all of the good ones (Fortress, Heracross, ad VQuen) all have one 4x effective against them (Fire, Flying and Rock respectively).

[2]Aways, if they wanted to unhate on the bugs, they would give them a fast hitter, and if your right about the Psi/Dark, that would make the STAb bug moves, 4x effective, sorta like weavile STABing Ice Punch aganist the Dragon/Ground and Dragon/Flying.

[1]I find that true; hell, X-Scissor, one of the more commonly-used Bug-STAB-able attacks is 10 AP less than Attack Order. That small movepool seems to bother Bug-types in general, even though in the same Bug egg group that Flygon can learn Earthquake, while Forretress can only learn it via TM, at the expense of NOT learning X-Scissor, let alone Attack Order. Yes, the fact that Bug/Steel, Bug/Fighting, and Bug/Flying have too many weaknesses, but Bug/Steel is the best of them.

[2]That's why I've been advocating for a Psychic/Dark--that will NEVER learn Flamethrower/Will-o-Wisp and will NOT have Wonder Guard as an ability, let alone have a new ability that gives it an advantage and Attack Order, being breedable for the ENTIRE Bug egg group.

Attack Order, being breedable for the ENTIRE Bug egg group.

Well that wouldn't make sence, because, it's a siq moove for VQuen. And it only makes since that attack Order would come from a Queen Bee Pokemon

Anyways, Maybe they could make a move like AO, but different

[1]Well that wouldn't make sence, because, it's a siq moove for VQuen. And it only makes since that attack Order would come from a Queen Bee Pokemon

[2]Anyways, Maybe they could make a move like AO, but different

[1]Last I checked, Megahorn debuted this way as Heracross' signature attack, back in Gen. II; in Gen. III, Rhydon, Seaking, and Goldeen (to name a few), got to learn it via level up.

[2]If you were referring to a Special version, just no, given that Scizor is a physical sweeper. The only Bug-type that can take advatage of high SpA and SpD is Yanmega.

Last edited:
[1]Last I checked, Megahorn debuted this way as Heracross' signature attack, back in Gen. II; in Gen. III, Rhydon, Seaking, and Goldeen (to name a few), got to learn it via level up.

[2]If you were referring to a Special version, just no, given that Scizor is a physical sweeper. The only Bug-type that can take advatage of high SpA and SpD.

1) Well, thats not the same. Megahorn was given only to Hera in Gen II thats true, but what I'm sayng is that Attack Order doesn't make sense being used by any other pokemon. VQuen is able to use Attack Order because she controls a hive, I don't think there are any other Bug-types that fit that mold.

2) No, I just meant make it just like AO, but with a different Animation, Name and Describtion.

Quite ironic when it is Tajiri's fondness for his bug collection that supposedly gave him the idea for Pokemon

To the person who said that there were no Steel OU Pokémon - according to Smogon, we have:
Steel-type OU - Metagross, Lucario, Bronzong, Forretress, Heatran, Magnezone, Jirachi, Scizor, Skarmory
Steel-type BL - Empoleon, Registeel, Steelix

Just for reference, there are fewer Normal OUs (4 - Blissey, Togekiss, Snorlax, and Porygon-Z), Ice OUs (2 - Abomasnow and Weavile), Ghost OUs (2 - Dusknoir and Gengar), and Poison OUs (1 - Tentacruel). (Every type has an OU currently)

Anyways, bug is perhaps "underpowered" just because it's a type that reeks of being "common" and "pervasive". Normal is excused because it kinda defies categorization. One has to wonder why every generation so far would have crappy early bugs (Caterpie, Weedle, Ledyba, Spinarak, Wurmple, Kricketot) or crappy early normals (Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Bidoof).

I find that GF favour Steel to Fire types, since in each gen there are more and more Steel types, and less Fire types.
I'm glad they added Heatran though, so now a Fire/Steel type can be ticked off the list, however, Fire could have a lot of potential if they used it.
I'm still waiting for Fire and Water, Grass, Electric, Psychic, Bug, Ice, Ghost, (Normal), Poisen and Dragon type.

Last edited:
Quite ironic when it is Tajiri's fondness for his bug collection that supposedly gave him the idea for Pokemon
I deserve a mallet on the head for that. :bash: However, shouldn't he be more biased in favor of Bug-types, given his affinity with his own bug collection? :dodgy:

2) No, I just meant make it just like AO, but with a different Animation, Name and Describtion.

Or better yet, they could just reassign Attack Order as the Bug-type's weaker, yet more accurate version of Hyper Beam/Roar of Time, without the wait, of course.

To the person who said that there were no Steel OU Pokémon - according to Smogon, we have:
Steel-type OU - Metagross, Lucario, Bronzong, Forretress, Heatran, Magnezone, Jirachi, Scizor, Skarmory
Steel-type BL - Empoleon, Registeel, Steelix

Just for reference, there are fewer Normal OUs (4 - Blissey, Togekiss, Snorlax, and Porygon-Z), Ice OUs (2 - Abomasnow and Weavile), Ghost OUs (2 - Dusknoir and Gengar), and Poison OUs (1 - Tentacruel). (Every type has an OU currently)

Anyways, bug is perhaps "underpowered" just because it's a type that reeks of being "common" and "pervasive". Normal is excused because it kinda defies categorization. One has to wonder why every generation so far would have crappy early bugs (Caterpie, Weedle, Ledyba, Spinarak, Wurmple, Kricketot) or crappy early normals (Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Bidoof).

Ah...man, was I off about the Steels ^_^;;;;;;

Yeah, I'm with you about the early bugs being crappy. But about the Normals...I just got Emerald version last weekend (the pathecitness of the lateness of it is already noted), and I'm in love with my newly evolved Linoone. Granted, I'm only in Slateport, so I'm fairly early in the game, but still, I think Zigzagoon is the best out of all the early normal types. Rattata scores points for being 1st gen, but Zigzagoon easily outclasses it.

Or better yet, they could just reassign Attack Order as the Bug-type's weaker, yet more accurate version of Hyper Beam/Roar of Time, without the wait, of course.

HOw 'bout no? Attack Order only makes sense with VQuen because she is modeled after a Queen Bee, and she is commanding (ordering) her little bees to attack. I don't think this move would make sense on other pokemon

HOw 'bout no? Attack Order only makes sense with VQuen because she is modeled after a Queen Bee, and she is commanding (ordering) her little bees to attack. I don't think this move would make sense on other pokemon

Er... I thought that FE's (Final evolved) tend to be the leader of their pre-evo's packs. Look at Weavile, Persian, Walrein, and Tyranitar as examples, to name a few.

Er... I thought that FE's (Final evolved) tend to be the leader of their pre-evo's packs. Look at Weavile, Persian, Walrein, and Tyranitar as examples, to name a few.

What does Vespiquen's being a final evolution have to do with anything? SA's commenting on how it only makes sense on Vespiquen because of what its based off of -- a Queen Bee -- and how because of that, its only PLAUSIBLE on Vespiquen. No other bug type currently available have that plausibility of commanding ready-made minions (in Vespiquen's case, unevolved Combee) to do it's bidding. If you can think of another one to rival this plausbility, then by all means, share it.

Not right now, no. But there's no reason that Vespiquen couldn't have been made an ant or termite Pokemon instead, thus eliminating the whole problematic bug/flying thing. They already had a bee Pokemon anyway.

Not right now, no. But there's no reason that Vespiquen couldn't have been made an ant or termite Pokemon instead, thus eliminating the whole problematic bug/flying thing. They already had a bee Pokemon anyway.

Yeah,an ant or temite would be better. It could dual type as a Ground,giving it:

Resist: Fight, Posion, Ground

Weak: Fire, Flying, Ice, Water

But since most Ground types can use Rock moves, so that gives coverage to Flying.

Yeah,an ant or temite would be better. It could dual type as a Ground,giving it:

Resist: Fight, Posion, Ground

Weak: Fire, Flying, Ice, Water

But since most Ground types can use Rock moves, so that gives coverage to Flying.

Erm...correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that Pokemon already exist in the form of Trapinch? Or is it a Dragon/Ground type? Either way, it's already got the whole ant/termite thing going on.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom