• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is Pokemon the only game you play?

It's not the only game I play, but it is the one I play most. I like it because it's not too hard and it keeps me entertained, it helps me relax. And it's not too demanding that you have to give it all your attention or you lose.
Let's say that 80% of the games I play are pokémon and a 20% are other games, mostly other JRPGs and metroid-vania style games.

I am finally trying the Witcher 3. It seems very interesting so far. I also have an Assassin's Creed game I haven't played yet, so I have plenty of non-Pokemon games to try.

No, I've played other RPGs like the Dragon Age series, both Star Wars KOTOR games, and the first Mass Effect game along with Sports games.

When I was younger, it used to be the only game series I ever played, because anything beyond it seemed too complicated for me, and because at the time, I couldn't afford anything except handheld consoles. But I gradually started branching out in 2009 and the 2010s since then, so now it's not the only game I play anymore.

Nope, not remotely. I get bored really easily and I don't like getting into ruts so I need to have a variety of different games to keep me busy. I tend to jump around between games in order to keep myself from getting bored, as when I get bored I get dangerous. RPGs are probably my most common genre, with my favorite game: Breath of Fire 3, being an RPG, but I also enjoy action, adventure, platforming, and the occasional fighting game. I also tend to prefer the lesser-known/underrated/sleeper hit games like Breath of Fire, Shantae, Blade Strangers, Code of Princess, Monster Rancher, and others over more popular ones like Final Fantasy, Super Smash Bros, Mario, and Zelda. That said, I do like some popular brands, like Ratchet & Clank (that series in particular got me out of a pretty dark time in my life so I'm very fond of it as a result), Pokemon, Crash Bandicoot, and Digimon. But generally I tend to lean more toward lesser-known titles, most of which tend to be accidental discoveries, as such they feel more special as a result. But, overall, no, Pokemon isn't the only game I play, as I've got quite the game library of various different titles, genres, and franchises to keep me adequately entertained.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom