• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review M13: Zoroark: Master of Illusions

hm.... i just watched it on youtube and must say...... THATS AWSOME COOL NEAT!!!!!!!!!! i totally can't wait for when it's being released here in south africa.....

Gosh, Zoroark kept screaming bloody hell throughout the movie! That Night Burst attack was pretty cool too, as was it busting out of the cage through sheer willpower. xD

Can you blame the poor girl? I think most mothers would react to her situation with the same screaming.

Agreed with the other two statements, both of those were awesome moments.

I finally decided to spend some time to watch it.

And this was probably the most enjoyable Pokémon movie I have seen so far. How so? The scenery. The music. The VA. Everything is so good... and of course, I actually had great feelings about the story. You know, engaging stuff and something like that? Also, I had a warm and fuzzy feeling during several scenes.

I watched the dub. It's handled pretty well in my opinion. Note that I didn't watch the original.

It's probably going to get a 9 from me. No, maybe 10. A perfect 10? Is that even possible?

I think I'm going to look forward to anything upcoming from now on.

0.jpg

(Mima from Touhou (PC-98 era))
Fits Zoroark's role.

Anyone said that "ma" in Japanese dub may be a pun on "mother"?

Well, this film is like the darkest.
When Kodai wants to attack, he showed no mercy and just grabs the neck and pass electricity... hurts me.
The storyline is actually really good.
It's unexpected and truly emotional roller coaster.

Gliscor'd said Dawn and Brock don't do anything.
I must say, Ash neither.
The true star is Zorua and Zoroark, as Godzillawolf said.
I am actually happy to see less Ash.
Fresh things are fresh.

Too bad that CN cut the first bit.

So, to sum up, Japanese dub is full of win.
English dub is ruined.

Anyone know when this is getting a DVD release? I want it, this is the only Pokemon movie I've wanted to buy on DVD.

It sounds like the CN airing was pretty messed up. I waited to watch it until the mall tour so I could see it on the big screen first thing, and Zorua escaping, the baccer tournament, and the world of Pokemon segment was all present.

I really really enjoyed the movie. I'm terrible at coming up with coherent sounding film reviews, but I was wholly entertained the whole time, and really found myself attached to Zorua, though I didn't expect it going into the movie.

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I didn't catch it when it aired, when did we get Proof's English name being Peg?

I thought this would be the most appropriate place to ask this |||D

Hikari asks who ma is, Zorua says ma is his ma, then Satoshi asks if his nakama is in Crown City.

So I'd say they were trying to imply that's what ma meant.

That's... not a proof at all... Zorua was searching for someone called "Ma" which the twerps didn't know its identity, so the twerps called it Zorua's friend... just because the word for friend happen to contain "ma" isn't a real proof to anything unless they clearly stated it
The fact the English dub went with "Mima" seems to hint they were told the intention is to hint at mother and not at friend
I don't know, it's really confusing which is why I hate the fact they never clearly explained the relation of Zorua and Zoroark...

How does Mima hint at mother? That's just a made up word.

No it isn't Mima means Grandmother in spanish and in hebrew it means Mommy... but whatever it doesn't really matter what relationship the two have I still think they're related though.

While it wasn't right of CN to cut out the first ten minutes of the movie, I was able to grasp a vague idea of what happened in those lost minutes so I was able to enjoy myself despite the cut.

How does Mima hint at mother? That's just a made up word.

At first I thought it's a made up word too, but people here said it's a word used in English for mother by little kids... I never heard of this word before, but people here said it's used in real life... go read earlier pages
If they were wrong and there's no word like that and they just made it up, then same logic applies here too, Mima isn't part of the word for "friend"...

Mima means Grandmother in spanish and in hebrew it means Mommy...

There's no word like that at all in Hebrew 0__o maybe you can say it's SIMILAR to the word for mother in Hebrew ("Ima") but I doubt they care about Hebrew

Also, I'm no expert in Spanish but are you sure about that? cause I know a different word they're using for grandma... but I could be wrong about this
Anyway, I don't think they took anything from Spanish either... and I can't see why Zoroark would be its grandma and not mother

but whatever it doesn't really matter what relationship the two have I still think they're related though.

It matters for languages that don't have a word for "it" and have to refer to Pokémon as "he" or "she"
If it was official that Zoroark is a female, I could tell them to refer to it as a female when they'll dub this movie... but if there's no official proof for that, I can't tell them to do it just cause "I think it's a female"
Maybe I should tell them to ask TPCI if they can... but they'll probably prefer not to bother and just call it a "he"

http://www.filb.de/kaihou/content/20110217_film13-dvd.jpg
Seems like the movie's DVD will come with a card - if I'm not wrong, they didn't do it for YEARS and now they're doing it again... cool, too bad it's unlikely we'll get a DVD release at all in Israel, but at least it'll air on Disney like the previous movie so at least they're actually dubbing movies again now since the huge stop after Movie 4 so I guess I shouldn't complain...

I enjoyed this movie alot (more than I thought I would), and surprisingly I have gotten use to Ash's new dub voice by now.

Hopefully it won't take too long for Movie 14 to air dubbed after it's release to DVD In Japan.

I kinda liked this one, actually. While I really liked the fictional sport (even though it was an excuse for the location dropped early on), the villain was kinda weak (no real depth beyond the general power-hungry antagonist), to the point where I don't really even remember his name, and the plot and characters were only somewhat interesting. For that matter, note how no real fuss is made over the villain using legendaries on his sport team. Definitely better than the last two movies, at least.

Didn't watch the CN dub, but apparently that's a good thing.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom