• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M18: The Archdjinni of the Rings: Hoopa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Movie 18

The movie is confirmed on serebii's website. I'd imagine the mega stone for Diance will be released some time then. Serebii stated not much is known about the movie except that mega Diance will appear and primal Kyogre and Groudon. So I kinda think it will be a ORAS movie...

It's hard to be too sure of anything right now, but they probably will want to feature Primal Groudon/Kyogre in the anime somehow and I don't really see it happening in the actual show

This is what I'm thinking too, a movie seems like an easier way to work them into the anime than doing another Groudon/Kyogre arc in the tv show.

PinkiePieFox said:
The movie is confirmed on serebii's website. I'd imagine the mega stone for Diance will be released some time then. Serebii stated not much is known about the movie except that mega Diance will appear and primal Kyogre and Groudon. So I kinda think it will be a ORAS movie...

Mega Diancie isn't even in the teaser WTF.

Serebii doesn't "know" that Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon will appear. That's just baseless speculation at this point.

Again, Lugia and Ho-Oh in the Zorroark trailer.

Yeah, I don't think that Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon will appear. This isn't much different from when Lugia and Ho-Oh were in the trailer for the Zorroark movie. I think that it's much more likely that they threw them in there to promote the newest upcoming games while announcing the next movie. Besides that, early trailers for Pokemon movies really are usually pretty different from the finished product.

Sorry... it's just what I heard...

Just a reminder that Hoopa is before Volcanion in the dex, and thus more likely to show up in this movie, with Volcanion coming later. It's not impossible for Volcanion to be in this movie- GF could pull a Meloetta and have Hoopa show up in the anime or something before the movie promotion happens, or they could decide they don't care about having a blank spot in the dex where nothing's officially supposed to be yet- but it's not a given either.

Unless I'm misremembering the dex order.

I'm definitely expecting L@tios to appear.

I mean, the writers have a golden opportunity here. The Lati@s line now has a Mega Evolution, and we have a canon crush from the side of female character for the first time. Bring back the Latias who once kissed Ash and let's have us some shipping drama in the 2nd XY movie.

Bring back the Latias who once kissed Ash
I'm going to hazard a guess that the powers that be aren't too keen on bringing specific legendaries back. I wouldn't put it past them to create a new Latias as a love interest, though.

Bring back the Latias who once kissed Ash
I'm going to hazard a guess that the powers that be aren't too keen on bringing specific legendaries back. I wouldn't put it past them to create a new Latias as a love interest, though.
I was joking of course, I don't want Amourshipping in the movies because it's simply too weak and one-sided.

And a new Latias would be even more horrible.

Mega Diancie isn't even in the teaser WTF.

Serebii doesn't "know" that Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon will appear. That's just baseless speculation at this point.

Serebii didn't actually say any of that anyway, for that matter.

I always though Volcanion was before Hoopa in the dex. When typing Pokemon 720 you get most results saying Volcanion except for Serebii which says Hoopa.

Anyways, I think Volcanion makes sense, considering it as a merger of Fire/Water and Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre clashing represent these elements too.

I think Zygarde will come later in a movie focused around Z.

CoroCoro has started to leak. It confirms that "Primal Reversion" Groundon and Kyogre will both play a part in the film.

So yeah, the preview wasn't pulling a 'Ho-oh and Lugia' on us.

Did it really "confirm" that though? or did they just show pictures from the same teaser shown at the end of the movie hyping the fact we're getting a new movie next year?
Either way, I do think it is likely to happen, just cause I can't see Kyogre/Groudon appearing in the show and they'd probably want to showcase them somehow (although I said the same about Mega Mewtwo X and it almost seems like they gave up on showcasing it... the Mewtwo pair cameo in the beginning of the mega evo special seemed like them saying "here, we can check Mega Mewtwo X off the list of pkmn we need to showcase")

Did it really "confirm" that though? or did they just show pictures from the same teaser shown at the end of the movie hyping the fact we're getting a new movie next year?
The latter. CoroCoro always generates hype around the movie teasers; here's an example from 2007 (the Regigigas teaser which was pretty misleading in itself). I'm sure that they did the same thing with Lugia and Ho-Oh, but there are no full magazine scans from that period (only of the pages relevant to HGSS).

The article didn't confirm shit. It's just "hey, there was a teaser at the end of this year's movie, it has Kyogre and Groudon in it, here are some screenshots."

Really disappointed in Anime News Network right now.

Yeah, I don't think that Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon will appear. This isn't much different from when Lugia and Ho-Oh were in the trailer for the Zorroark movie. I think that it's much more likely that they threw them in there to promote the newest upcoming games while announcing the next movie. Besides that, early trailers for Pokemon movies really are usually pretty different from the finished product.

But to be fair when that movie was being made we were at the end of fourth generation and they wanted to start promoting fifth gen and they didn't have room for another movie, so it got pushed aside for zoroark for fifth gen, we're right in the middle of 6th gen with no legendary pokemon left for the final 6th gen movie besides zygarde who should wait until Z to get his movie anyway. Theres no other legendary pokemon they can use for a movie besides old ones since zygarde should be left for last, and theres no one else relevent besides groudon/kyogre and maybe mega latias/latios, they can't just push them to the side in this one.

Also your avatar reminds me the last movie will probably feature one of the hoenn legendaies anyway ( last third gen movie had mew(fr/lg), last 4th gen had the beasts(hg/ss) see what I mean, so mega latios/latias will probably be in zygardes movie)

we're right in the middle of 6th gen with no legendary pokemon left for the final 6th gen movie besides zygarde who should wait until Z to get his movie anyway. Theres no other legendary pokemon they can use for a movie besides old ones since zygarde should be left for last, and theres no one else relevent besides groudon/kyogre and maybe mega latias/latios, they can't just push them to the side in this one.
Rayquaza and Giratina were all featured in movies prior to the release of their respective games, and Kyurem would have received the same treatment if B2W2 hadn't been released a few months earlier than usual. If Zygarde is featured in a game next year, it should take precedence over the mascots of ORAS, which won't be new by the time of the movie premiere. Besides, you're forgetting about the real stars of these movies: event Pokémon. Either Movie 18 will feature Hoopa, or it will feature Volcanion with Hoopa receiving similar treatment to Meloetta (a movie short and an anime arc).

The movie could still have room for a few Hoenn legendaries, but I doubt that they will get a central role. I think it would make more sense to leave Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza for a special.

The next Get TV episode will talk about the movie and Oha Suta later today, will show a clip of the movie.

Also, there is this picture. I'm not sure if it's new. Could someone please translate this? @Dogasu; @捷克羅姆; @G50

neo16181.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom