• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M18: The Archdjinni of the Rings: Hoopa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Movie 18

...and I don't see why they would keep non-event Pokémon a secret at this point.

Maybe but I'm certain that they would have to at least pretend that Hoopa and Volcanion a secret for some reason or another. Besides, It's not like the anime's alleged target demographic would know of the secret pokemon or hacks or anything like that.

Oh I thought you were talking about the Event Pokemon.

Wait, why the hell did we get an English announcer in a Japanese trailer? And I like the Hoopa ring in the title. I dunno why, but this whole Hoopa business makes me think they have some major plot stuff cooking up in the Anime and in the games, just how far they want to go is a bit unknown. I'm guessing the Weather Trio is a bait and switch too, but the Black Rayquaza is making me think otherwise.

They've had parts of the titles read out in English before.

Yuugis Black Magician said:
Also, with Yuyama Kunihiko once again directing I'm expecting the film to be completely lackluster, as usual. It's a shame the producer won't hunt down some fresh talent.

He consistently gives the people in charge a product that they're happy with, year after year. That's not nothing.

Not buying it. ORAS will have become more or less irrelevant by next July...

Why would they bother making the Mega Rayquaza shiny if it weren't going to be in the movie?

Because the people in the Movie Division are TOTALLY winging it.

(Heck, that's just common knowledge)

The movie can't be just about Hoopa

Oh yes it can, brutha!

Also, with Yuyama Kunihiko once again directing I'm expecting the film to be completely lackluster, as usual. It's a shame the producer won't hunt down some fresh talent.

He consistently gives the people in charge a product that they're happy with, year after year. That's not nothing.

Yeah, but what the people in charge are happy with usually doesn't make us happy...

They've had parts of the titles read out in English before.

I have no problem saying the producer(s) are tasteless. I would've thought with how long it took us to get a series like Diamond & Pearl it would've been abundantly clear.

I wonder what are the chances of them actually shoving Volcanion in addition to Hoopa. I mean, this movie is obviously a tie-in to ORAS, and Volcanion's typing makes it perfect for symbolising ORAS.
Also, since we're getting to see the new forms of Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza, something tells me Latias and Latios won't be left behind, but maybe not in the actual movie. I can see Mega Latias and Mega Latios starring in the short movie that will probably come with this movie. Just to truly feature all the gen 3 legendaries who now have new forms.
I do think it's weird they're featuring Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre in BOTH Mega Evolution Act III and this movie. Their decisions are really confusing sometimes. Especially after the Ho-Oh/Lugia trailer being so misleading and you'd imagine this one would be too. (to be fair though, Ho-Oh/Lugia never got new forms... I guess this was part of why they decided to feature them in this movie, although they barely really look any different in these new forms)

I highly doubt Volcanion will appear. Hoopa seems to be starring in this one, and no movie has featured more than one event-exclusive legendary.

I highly doubt Volcanion will appear. Hoopa seems to be starring in this one, and no movie has featured more than one event-exclusive legendary.
Meloetta was featured in Movie 15's short, but I think it's safe to say that Volcanion won't get the same treatment. I do think it could be relegated to an anime arc, as could Zygarde.

It seems like the Mini-Movie might be focused around Avalugg, or be set in an ice-setting (notice what Pikachu is standing on...), so that seems to suggest a volcano Pokemon is probably out of the picture.

Official website
Initial movie website
posterBig.jpg

Last edited:

Ok that poster actually looks pretty cool. It actually makes me think that it might be part of duo set actually if you consider how Groudon is positioned with only half his face shown. I'm thinking there might be another poster with a legendary trio although I've no idea which set it would be.

Also, I'm going to reiterate, that is an AWESOME poster. Really has a nice foreboding feel with that you don't see in Pokemon movies.

Okay yeah that settles it, this isn't gonna be a movie 13 deal like the beasts being Zoroark, the primals and Mega Rayquaza are gonna be part of the movie. I wonder what hoopa needs em for...

Major news: For the first time since 2001, Hideki Sonoda is not writing the script for the movie (only for the short). He is being replaced by Atsuhiro Tomioka, who has been in charge of the series organization since DP. In particular, he is the screenplay writer of the Mega Evolution acts.

Chances are that this will affect Tomioka's involvement with the show.

Last edited:

I just had an idea. What if both both Mega Rayquaza and Zygarde worked together in this movie? After all, both are guardians of the planet, and while Mega Rayqyaza could hold down both Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre on his own, I doubt he can take on Hoopa as well. This could be where Zygarde throws the Shiny legend a bone and helps it out against Hoopa.

I just had an idea. What if both both Mega Rayquaza and Zygarde worked together in this movie? After all, both are guardians of the planet, and while Mega Rayqyaza could hold down both Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre on his own, I doubt he can take on Hoopa as well. This could be where Zygarde throws the Shiny legend a bone and helps it out against Hoopa.
I'd sooner bet on Groudon and Kyogre eventually regaining their senses and turning on Hoopa, or one of the characters simply tricking Hoopa Unbound to get inside its bottle.

Good God, Tomioka Atsuhiro is finally writing a movie? I bet this is going to tie into the Mega Evolution Acts, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom