• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Male vs. Female

Which do you pick?

• Female

Votes: 35 10.4%
  • Male

Votes: 58 17.2%
  • Genderless

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • I don't care

Votes: 71 21.1%
  • Depends

Votes: 130 38.6%
  • Mixed

Votes: 39 11.6%

• Total voters
I care to a degree. I would like most of my Pokemon to be Male, as I am male and would be able to connect with my Pokemon easier that way. But of course their are some Pokemon that I refuse to have of a certain gender. For one, Geodude should ALWAYS be a male. Pokemon like Chansey, Clefairy, Togepi, etc. would be good female Pokemon.

Out of pure chance though, my entire party is Male.

My team is usually mixed, though I'll want each Pokemon to be a specific gender. For example, my starter is always male, though more feminine Pokemon such as my Lopunny, Gardevoir, and Milotic are female.

I just catch the first one that comes at me.

My current SS team is 3 males, 3 females, while HG is two females, four males.

It all depends on the pokemon. But I usually lean towards female, if only to teach them Attract. Most pokemon seem to be male, though that probably isn't true. And a lot of pokemon I have trouble envisioning as male. Chikorita, Lopunny, Espeon (only cause they're pink...I dunno.) Though I do have a male Gardevoir I'm quite proud of.

I like having certain pokemon male and others female.....ex female machamp..oh look a topless woman in a age appriorate game O.O

Depends on the Pokemon species itself, what I plan on using it for and if I had any names in mind. But as staple examples, I guess... If I want a Lopunny, it's gotta be a female. Male Buneary I can just about tolerate. I will never use a male Gardevoir and I prefer female Eevee as I always evolve one into Espeon (my favourite) and a male Espeon just doesn't seem right, nor does a male Milotic. But other than obvious ones like that my preferences change with the moment.. I tend to end up with male-dominated teams though, for some reason.

I usually don't care, but some Pokémon just don't fit in both category. For example, I couldn't imagine badass pokémon like Scizor or Blastoise as female or Gardevoir and Lopunny as male. My entire team is male tough. ._.

I only actively seek Pokemon that evolve based on gender. Otherwise, I don't notice. I've had the same starting five for six months now, and I couldn't tell you who's male and who's female.

Male: Gardevoir, Lopunny, Bellossum (I like pretty boys)
Female: Any fighting type Pokemon (I like action girls)

I pick the main Pikachu I use as male, but not for that reason. Otherwise, I tend to not care.

For me, it's usually mixed. Ever since I've started Pokemon, I've always had 3 males, and 3 females. But lately, I've been having 4 males and 2 females, and more recently, 5 males and 1 female (but it just didn't seem right :x).

And most of the time, I don't care if a Pokemon is considered "too cool" or "too cute" to be male/female. Heck, I've had a female Lucario and Charizard, and a male Purugly and Ninetales. But in all honesty, Pokemon like Lopunny and Machamp... I just CAN NOT have as a male/female. I just don't understand why they don't have a 100% female/male ratio. :x

I don't care, really. Except for appearance purposes. That's why my female Wynaut has a everstone with her.
But I generally take with me 3 males and 3 females, I don't know why but it happens very often.

Most of my teams are female-dominated 'cos I'm female.

Maybe for BW I might go with half-male, half-female.

These are the genders of my teams:

Ruby Team:
Golduck - female
Breloom - female
Manectric - female
Roselia - female
Pelipper - female
Linoone - female

Pearl Team:
Purugly - female
Skuntank - female
Staraptor - female
Quagsire - female
Roserade - female
Pachirisu - female

Platinum Team:
Skuntank - female
Golduck - female
Roserade - female
Staraptor - female
Lucario - male
Ambipom - female

SoulSilver Team:
Roserade - female
Piloswine - female
Golduck - female
Skuntank - female
Manectric - female
Staraptor - female

Also in SoulSilver, I own all 7 Eeveelutions (all except Jolteon are male), a female Lucario, a female Totodile, females of all Hoenn starters plus Marshtomp and Swampert, male Castform.

For me, it's usually mixed. Ever since I've started Pokemon, I've always had 3 males, and 3 females. But lately, I've been having 4 males and 2 females, and more recently, 5 males and 1 female (but it just didn't seem right :x).

And most of the time, I don't care if a Pokemon is considered "too cool" or "too cute" to be male/female. Heck, I've had a female Lucario and Charizard, and a male Purugly and Ninetales. But in all honesty, Pokemon like Lopunny and Machamp... I just CAN NOT have as a male/female. I just don't understand why they don't have a 100% female/male ratio. :x

In SoulSilver I have a FEMALE Lucario, so you're not alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I secretly hope to someday end up with one of the infamous gender-changing Azurills.

Also, when I add a cutesy pokemon to the team (Skitty, Chimecho, Sableye, etc) I want it to be the same gender as the player character.

Beyond that it doesn't really matter - they are what they are, but I do actually tend to catch quite a few genderless pokemon

EDIT: Oh and it would bother me to use a lipstick Wobbuffet, so those will hopefully remain male! But it evens out because I love the pink Jellicents

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom