• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Memories of Pokémon, and things to come (Please read.)

The Medicine Cat "猫"

The One & Only Kool Cat
Reaction score
Were I had it befor I don't think it was read.
Hello my name is MedCat and new to the Threads and in all personal truth I said I would never join a blog or thread or club etc... unless I felt something needed to be said and I ask you to hear my Voices and feel free to alliterate your words.... On the whole of poke'mon come and go over the years,

For the longest time I have been a man of poke'mon
I have been with it from the beginning ( US. 1999 )
When it first come out I loved it but I said I did not care for it from the fear of others who may of joke. But even with that I did not stop with this new Poke'craze even tho I had no game system or game at that time me and pals during Lunch & recess and play the game that one of my friends had and so on all the rest of the game leading up to crystal then on one March day in 2003 I was a lucky kid getting a new poke'mon ruby & Gameboy.
And by then all ready being a expert I set off with my Mudkip and I mastered the game and got a My friendly little Mudkip I named Dove to be a lvl 100 Swampert but little did I know that was they added genders to generation 3 and he was a male ( >_> )but as time went by I collected & mastered all the games till in late 2007 someone broke in and stole my some of my games & Dove from me leaving me a little hurt but I recovered and remastered all games again but with a diffident mind. I said before like many of us I would Never use a glitch or hack but I feel victim till I realize it tuck the fun away so I deleted in shame and once again tuck off on a journey to remaster but I am take it slow and enjoy it again I to focus more on school.
But as generation 5 comes about I look at it as a fan of poke'mon and say ? what happened? the truth is as a fan I say what happened Satoshi Tajiri (creator of Pokémon) did you lose your heart? have you given in or sold out, and saying this may sound cruel but it because I love it and because looking back it was a escape from the real world for all of us were we all could go off on a journey and be masters with are poke'buds And we could break free for a little while but the new generation is to much and to little much like our world but I may still buy the new gen but I feel something is lost and maybe it's just time.

But in the end I have to thank poke'mon for what it's done It's made me friends with people I would not think would play poke'mon and it's played a part in my life.

..The Medicine Cat

Please feel free to share memories.

Re: Memories of poke'mon, And things to come( Please read )

One of my best memory was beating my friend in a 30 minute battle where we were down to our last Pokemon, Macgargo for me and Metagross for him. We both had around 30 HP from a Lava Plume and a Meteor Mash, and I knew my time was numbered. I couldn't imagine losing my unbeaten streak against my friend, and I had really lucked out. Metagross went for a meteor mash, but I had a focus band attached and luckily the 10% chance kicked in and I held on. I preceded to hit with Lava Plume and won. The stipulations were 3 Ubers 1 OU 1 BL and 1 with a double weakness.

Were I had it befor I don't think it was read.
Hello my name is MedCat and new to the Threads and in all personal truth I said I would never join a blog or thread or club etc... unless I felt something needed to be said and I ask you to hear my Voices and feel free to alliterate your words.... On the whole of poke'mon come and go over the years,

For the longest time I have been a man of poke'mon
I have been with it from the beginning ( US. 1998 )
When it first come out I loved it but I said I did not care for it from the fear of others who may of joke. But even with that I did not stop with this new Poke'craze even tho I had no game system or game at that time me and pals during Lunch & recess and play the game that one of my friends had and so on all the rest of the game leading up to crystal then on one March day in 2003 I was a lucky kid getting a new poke'mon ruby & Gameboy.
And by then all ready being a expert I set off with my Mudkip and I mastered the game and got a My friendly little Mudkip I named Dove to be a lvl 100 Swampert but little did I know that was they added genders to generation 3 and he was a male ( >_> )but as time went by I collected & mastered all the games till in late 2007 someone broke in and stole my some of my games & Dove from me leaving me a little hurt but I recovered and remastered all games again but with a diffident mind. I said before like many of us I would Never use a glitch or hack but I feel victim till I realize it tuck the fun away so I deleted in shame and once again tuck off on a journey to remaster but I am take it slow and enjoy it again I to focus more on school.
But as generation 5 comes about I look at it as a fan of poke'mon and say ? what happened? the truth is as a fan I say what happened Satoshi Tajiri (creator of Pokémon) did you lose your heart? have you given in or sold out, and saying this may sound cruel but it because I love it and because looking back it was a escape from the real world for all of us were we all could go off on a journey and be masters with are poke'buds And we could break free for a little while but the new generation is to much and to little much like our world but I may still buy the new gen but I feel something is lost and maybe it's just time.

But in the end I have to thank poke'mon for what it's done It's made me friends with people I would not think would play poke'mon and it's played a part in my life.

..The Medicine Cat

Please feel free to share memories.

it came out in the US in 1998, i fixed it. 1 of my memories is the first day i got pokemon blue in sept. '98. i literally stared at the box for 1 hr str8 b4 i opened it. i was so happy, i started my very 1st journey with charmander and havent looked back sense. i couldnt imagin my life at that time...or evn now w/o pokemon.

Finally learning how to switch my pokemon party order around in Red version. By that time I was at the E4 with a level 75 Blastoise, a level 45 Pidgeot, a level 40 beedrill, a level 40 Omastar, and a couple level 20s. I won though.

My best memory of Pokemon was my first game. Hard to believe, but it wasa hacked game called Pokemon Brown. The starters were Mew, Lapras, and Eevee. I picked Mew and we had a lot of fun. I was stuck on Sabrina for a while but my cousins taught me how to use TMs and raise Pokemon besides Mew. I had a Pikachu, Haunter and Meowth. I played that game for over 210 hours and got 149 mons in my dex. Even though most of the Pokemon were in my Stadium 2, Pokemon Brown finally met it's end when my mom's car ran over it after it fell out of my pocket. I will miss those five Pokemon that died.

Oh, great another nostalgia thread.
*sigh*
My history goes like this.
Got Pokemon cards for my birthday, they were all fakes cards but I started to play the game.
Later that year I started to watch the anime.
My next birthday I go Pokemon Red and my brothers got yellow the TCG video game Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Stadium 2.
One of our friend's parents took all our N64 games so my Pokemon that were on the stadium game got lost.
When we were coming home from the cottage some how our gameboy games got left behind at a motel.
Years later, my parents finally got me and gameboy sp and a sapphire game only for one of my brother's friend to have stolen it as well as some of the other stuff at our house and it still wasn't realised when I got my second sapphire which he also stole alone with my gameboy SP (I had a shiny beautifly on it).
So finally, we stop letting him in our house and I got another gameboy advance SP with a FireRed game for Christmas. Later I was able to get another Sapphire version.
Unfortunately, I lost some of my best Pokemon because my brother traded them to his Ruby and left his game where the dog could get it.
Then I got pearl and mystery dungeon blue but the mystery dungeon got chewed up by the dog too so there you go.
We also got a coliseum, a XD gale of darkness and a PBR. Although my brother sold the coliseum because he thought XD and coliseum were the same game.
And I got Platiunm, Explorers of Darkness, Explorers of Sky, Soulsilver and Ranger. And I even got a new stadium, stadium 2. Not to mention I have a crystal, blue and a tcg video game (although the tcg video game is a bit chewed up so it doesn't work very well).
These games are great but every time I think off my past games I can remember nothing but hurt by people I thought I could trust. The only memories that are tainted our my memories of Red because I lost that by accident so my memories of that are still good but I can't remember any of the other games without feeling great sadness.

pokemon in itself is an evolution, it is changing with the times so we just have to welcome this change and enjoy it best we can

My oldest memory of Pokemon was the first time I played. I was so knew to the game, I couldn't figure out how to get of the house, and when I finally got to the first battle, I thought my Bulbasaur's "growl" was didn't do anything and was a waste. But my favorite memory of the series happened only a few months ago. I got all 16 badges in SoulSilver using only pokemon from my mono team (grass). I never switched pokemon on my team or used Action Replay... oh, and I always set the battle style to set. I always have trouble defeating the Elite Four, so this was a big accomplishment for me.

I remember when I first got Gold, I was about eight-years-old and incredibly excited. I remember I had to wait for my mom to come back from the stores and had to wait with my dad in the car, but I didn't complain because I had it. I still remember the first time I saw a hoothoot.

I also remember when I got all my badges and was going to the league. When I found out it was in Kanto and we got to visit Kanto again I was so happy.

Good times :(

Last edited:
I was a huge fan of Pokemon as soon as it came out. Every one of my friends had a game and practicly glued it to their hands. I was the only kid who didn't get that pleasure.
I could never get a hold of a Gameboy color and a copy! But I sayed true to the franchise, I got 64 and bought Stadium and watched every episode of the Anime, dreaming on getting my hands on a game.
Until Gen 3, I got a GBA advance and a I happened across a copy of Ruby Version while shopping. I immediently bought it and began my journey with a Treecko. You know what was great?
I didn't know the pokemon, only the starters and a few random pokemon from the back of the box!
Everytime a pokemon evolved it was a surprise, every capture was different, thats Pokemon at its best!
Thats why I never memorize a new Gen before I play it, because it ruins the magic. But there you go, my memory.

i remember my first pokemon game, Silver Version. Id seen the 2nd pokemon movie and thiught Lugia was awesome, the best thing for me was catching my first Lugia in Silver, and thinking "awesome, i have that pokemon from the movie". Now im sitting here playing Soul Silver and doing the exact same thing, catching my favorite legendary, Lugia, this time SRer for its shiny form, and whats better i can see it follow me in the game.

Black and White will be quite like that old Silver experience, i'll be playing a Pokemon Game " blind" for the first time with no guide, and in Japanese, but im very excited about it becaue it'll be a new challenge.

I played Red when it came out, and then moved onto Crystal when that one came out. My best memories, though, were in Sapphire. Hoenn is the best looking region IMO, and it has the best Pokémon. The best part came after I got Coliseum and Fire Red. After quite a bit of trading with friends and myself, I finally caught 'em all. Best. Day. Ever.

The next month, Diamond and Pearl came out. It took forever to transfer all of the <GenIV Pokémon over to Diamond. The day before i was going to finish, my limited edition golden Legend of Zelda DS Lite fell out of my pocket on the way home from Wendy's. I didn't notice until I got home after dark. It was godawful, but at least I was the very best like no one ever was for a brief, fleeting second.

Well as long as I can remember Pokémon existed (Even tho I was around 4 when it came out). I can remember as a child I always use to watch the anime and watch my brother play blue on his gameboy.

Then when I was 6 for some reason I didn't pay much attention to it. But then the following year when I was 7 I got a gameboy advance for Christmas. I loved it and got a few games with it. But like we usually did after Christmas we went to Toysrus to spend our Christmas money. I went to buy some more games for the gameboy and one of them was Silver. Now my brother had Gold when it came out but since I didn't have a gameboy I never knew what the games were like. When I got home I started the game immediately, now when it came to choosing the starter (Me being only 7 and skipping through the text ect.) I thought I could choose all 3 so when I received Cyndaquil I wondered why I couldn't get the others. Now when I got my Pokéballs of corse I wanted to catch some Pokémon. So the first one that popped up was a Pidgey, I successfully caught it!

So now skipping ahead a couple of weeks when the Christmas holidays ended and I was back at school. On fridays we had this thing where we could bring in toys. So I brung in my gameboy. While I was playing it another kid came over to me and noticed I was playing Pokémon, he too enjoyed it and he became my friend. He also hung around with someone else who liked Pokémon, so we became good friends! Now to this day those too are my best friends so it shows Pokémon is not just a game and show ect it is a sign of friendship. Anyway back to silver so I had been playing it for a while and had beaten the game with my Typhlosion and Pidgeot (Can't remember if I had any others that I used as much as them) when one day my friend asked me what level they were and I was thinking what are levels? So when I got home I checked and Typhlosion was lv 77 and Pidgeot was lv 70 (I think) and I was proud of myself.

Now skipping along because not much had happend in 3rd gen. It was my last year of Primary school and as the time got closer to an end I was close to Pokémon Diamond! So I counted down the days until it was released/school was over. But during the time a postal strike was happening so that delayed the game by a few days. But I eventually got it. I can remember it quite well I was waiting for the post and it was a saturday. It came! I played it immediatly until late at night where I was at Crasher Wake with a Prinplup (To me it was the third gym because I always manage to skip Maylene I think her name was, you know the chick with the Lucario) Anyway when I went to bed I saved the game and it had around twelve and a half hours of playtime.

So skipping to a few months back to now, I had Platinum but not much to say about that (I just restarted it today because I want to play it again) I got Soul Silver since Silver was the first game I got (well I did have Stadium and snap but they aren't the proper game) I chose Cyndaquil in honour of the first one and caught Pidgey as the first Pokémon. Then I got heart gold because I enjoyed Soul Silver so much and wanted to play it again without reset. I look back and think what a great thing Pokémon is it brought me friends! Not just friends best friends! Even tho they go to a different school I still hang out with them (well one lives near me and the other kinda does).

So I look forward to 5th gen and hopefully many after that to receive more great memory's!

I remember my cousin would try and play Blue, Crystal and Yellow, lol. I gave them to him after I got the GBA games and I'm still kicking myself in the foot for that, argh.

because of this embaressment to admit to liking pokemon, there could be all sorts of people who like pokemon that we dont know about........people at school, work, sports clubs all kinds of places

My best memories goes back to red and blue. We played pokemon with my little brother and when we had beated the E4, we fight against each other. Winner had right to choose how many pokemon and what level we can use. I got often beated by his venomoth.
Now days my little brother not plays anymore but luckily my girlfriend likes pokemon too. :D

I remember all the way back to the late 1990's when the Official Nintendo Magazine in the UK started to hype this new big game in Japan called Pocket Monsters and each month they'd have a little section and show different stuff. The first Pokemon I can vividly remember seeing is Seadra, as they'd give one Pokemon a slither of a page each month. I also remember seeing screens of Pokemon Stadium, one with Starmie with a caption of something like "believe it or not this thing is a Pokemon" and one of Gyrados who I believe was referred to as "Kraken" back then.

Some months later my younger brother excitedely told me when I got out of bed that he had seen the programme with "that yellow thing" in it. It was several weeks before I managed to track down the channel showing it, but eventually I found "Pokemon" and I think the first episode I ever saw was Bulbasaurs Mysterious Garden (how fitting considering where we are!). It wasn't long before the show started over from the first episode and I've never really looked back since. There have been phases where I'm not really into it but it always draws me back in, especially when new games are due. I also remember that our TV wasn't working properly when Bye Bye Butterfree aired and I was nearly late for work frantically trying to set the video recorder and sort out the TV. Unfortunately it basically recorded just the sound a load of grey fuzz...I was gutted as Butterfree was my favourite! As if him being let go wasn't bad enough!

It seemed like ages until the games were released and I can still vividly remember buying Pokemon Blue. It seems strange to think of us having the anime before the games and for a considerable amount of time but I honestly think that had I not gotten into the anime before Pokemania exploded then I wouldn't have the emotional attatchment I have now.

One of my best memory was beating my friend in a 30 minute battle where we were down to our last Pokemon, Macgargo for me and Metagross for him. We both had around 30 HP from a Lava Plume and a Meteor Mash, and I knew my time was numbered. I couldn't imagine losing my unbeaten streak against my friend, and I had really lucked out. Metagross went for a meteor mash, but I had a focus band attached and luckily the 10% chance kicked in and I held on. I preceded to hit with Lava Plume and won. The stipulations were 3 Ubers 1 OU 1 BL and 1 with a double weakness.

I love battles like those. good job btw

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom