• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most annoying NPC

For some reason, all those tutorial people annoyed me so much.. I mean it's nice and all but I know how the game works..

Me vs Blue
Level 100 Rampardos vs level 72 Pidgeot
Blue: Heh heh... You're unprepared for this. We'll knock you down!
Rampardos used Stone Edge!

THIS! I now regret registering numbers I don't need.
And to extend on that... mom

"Hi son! I found something while shopping that might be useful, so I bought it with your money!"
"OMG, STOP BUYING SHIT WITH MY GODDAMN MONEY! NOW STOP CALLING ME ABOUT STUFF I DON'T WANT!"
-hangs up-

What's worse is the fact that GF took away the ability to delete the registered numbers.

as for me:
Bianca, Youngster Joey, and the wired guy from Viridian City

Nurse Joy

Me: Could u just get shut your mouth and heal the damn pokemons.

Any NPC that offers this dialogue:

"Do you know how to [Generic basics]?"

">YES >NO"

"Do you want me to tell you?"

">YES >NO"

"Well, I'll tell you anyway!"

I dislike Grimsley in the Unova Elite Four only for his defeated rematch quote "If somebody wins, the person who fought against that person will lose. That's battle. A good contender just seeks the next victory without bragging after winning, and without getting upset after losing." I find him somewhat condescending, but maybe that's meant to be his character lol

Let's see.... the tutorial NPCs are the most annoying to me LOL - the catchers. Wally wasn't really that annoying because he caught a Ralts - at least it was something rare. The other NPCs all catch those too-common pokemon that'll appear in front of me a million times.

That damn Old Man in Viridian City, not only is he a stubborn basterd but he also gives you tutorials and in GEN1 he glitchs your game!

JUST WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT
CAMERON THE PHOTOGRAPHER
...go away stalker...

Oh, also, anyone that has the nerve to battle you over a week after you see them.

~Walking~

~Some guy runs up to me~

"Hi! LETS HAVE A POKEMON BATTLE NOW."

Me: "Um, what levels are your Pokemon?"

Guy: "Level 20!"

Me: "Mine are all about level 75, must I really bother having to battle with you?...."

Guy: "Of course! How much damage could Pokemon 55 levels higher than mine possible do?"

-_____-

In Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, on the Seaside Cycling Road, there is an NPC who will comment on your Rydel bike. I can't remember what he says exactly, but it's along these lines:

"That bike! You got it from Rydel! It's glaringly obvious! I see that name everywhere! Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel."

Argh! So annoying when you speak to him accidently!

^ After meeting him I made a mental note to never speak to him again.
But I seem to forget it every time I do a Gen 3 playthrough....

The juggler, Irwin I think, is a bit creepy...He's watching yoooooou.
The guy that takes you to the pewter museum even if you don't want to.
The magicarp salesman when ever I buy a magikarp from him I want to take the garyodos up to him and say, "HA!"
There was a police officer in the small court you go up and talk to him and he says, "Are you a criminal?" then challages you to a battle.......really?
Professor Birch calls you after your egg hatches like he's phycic or something that demands you come back no matter what you are doing or how far away you are without the move fly! I swear his calls are so annoying.
Your mom speading your money on berries, I have like 50 of one kind, who needs that many berries?
And I happen to like youngster Joey, his rattata is top percentage!

In Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, on the Seaside Cycling Road, there is an NPC who will comment on your Rydel bike. I can't remember what he says exactly, but it's along these lines:

"That bike! You got it from Rydel! It's glaringly obvious! I see that name everywhere! Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel, Rydel."

Argh! So annoying when you speak to him accidently!

OMG How could I ever forget about that.

...and yet I always forget and press the A button when I see him...

After going up and down Silph Co, I've defeated every Team Rocket Grunt there is. A portal takes me to what I know is the final floor. The boss is just after that portal in front of me, I can just see it. As soon as I step forward, guess who's there already, not giving a shit about anything. BLUE MOTHERFUCKING OAK. FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

The guy in Firered (idk if he's in R/B/Y) that won't let you go towards Mt. Moon until you beat Brock. BITCH, MY CHARMANDER DOESN'T KNOW METAL CLAW YET.

The Day-Care couple. They are still surprised when they find the 500th egg.
Tell me about it. I can understand if you have a pair of genderless Pokes in Day-Care (like a Ditto and a Golurk.... and I don't think I wanna know how it happens), but two of the opposite sex? Yeah, kinda obvious here. :sweat:

Charles is annoying, too. No, you're not a heart breaker, you're just a pain in the skidplate. Go away.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom