• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most memorable video game song?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paper Mario. All of the soundtracks are pure nostalgia to me. I love those so much...

Victory Theme - Final Fantasy
That tune always makes me break into tears from the nostalgia. Go figure.
~Xenon™

There are a couple songs I can recognize instantly. Want You Gone, Still Alive, Reset, His World, Endless Possibility, Flandre's theme, Remilia's theme, and Patchouli's theme, among others.

I'm not gonna indulge my entire list, but I will say that the song still able to move me most and bring back the most memories is this - the orchestral instrumental version of Passion from Kingdom Hearts II. It's just such an amazing song, it gives me chills and really matches the story of the series perfectly for me.

Last edited:
By far the most memorable song I've ever listened to in any video game would be Leaving Earth, from Mass Effect 3.

If sorrow had a voice, it would be this song.

By far the most memorable song I've ever listened to in any video game would be Leaving Earth, from Mass Effect 3.

If sorrow had a voice, it would be this song.

Have you played Gears of War 3? Because if not, I think there's a song on there that beats that one in terms of sorrow. But that may just be because I'm a bigger Gears fan.

Sky Lagoon. Perhaps not the most emotional or riveting song out there, but it was one of the first pieces of video game music to "stick" to my memory. I figure that makes it fairly noteworthy for me in itself.

I'm not gonna indulge my entire list, but I will say that the song still able to move me most and bring back the most memories is this - the orchestral instrumental version of Passion from Kingdom Hearts II. It's just such an amazing song, it gives me chills and really matches the story of the series perfectly for me.

Kingdom Hearts 2 Theme song - YouTube

I'm not big on Kingdom Hearts at all, but this song is one of the best I've ever heard in a video game.

Almost anything from LoZ: Majora's Mask, but especially the Astral Observatory theme. It still rings in my head when I'm walking around on a clear night.

SMB Overworld
LoZ Overworld
Brinstar (Metroid)
Underworld (Kid Icarus)
Gourmet Race (Kirby)
Pokemon Main Theme
Green Hill Zone (Sonic)
Alert (MGS)
Wily Castle 1 (Mega Man 2)
Guile's Theme (Super Street Fighter 2)
One Wing Angel (FFVII)
Halo Theme
Password (Punch Out!!)
Bloody Tears (Castlevania II: Simon's Quest)
Intro Stage (Mega Man X)
Corneria (Star Fox)
Mute City (F-Zero)
Together We Ride (Fire Emblem)
Porky Means Business (Earthbound)
Medic! (TF2)
Gang Plank Galleon (DKC)
Cornered (Phoenix Wright)
Graveyard (Ghosts & Goblins)
U.N. Owen Was Her (Touhou)
Hawkeye's theme (UMVC3)
Simple and Clean (KH)

The entire soundtrack from The World Ends with You. Except Junk Garage, because fuck Junk Garage.

Balrog's Song from Cave Story is nothing special. And then, the 3DS version came out
[video=youtube;SGy9OYoei98]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGy9OYoei98[/video]
and hot damn, did they make his song sexy.

How can you insult Junk Garage and ignore Rush Hour?

I really like listening to Junk Garage, although it doesn't really have meaning to the game.

How can you insult Junk Garage and ignore Rush Hour?

I really like listening to Junk Garage, although it doesn't really have meaning to the game.

I just didn't like Junk Garage. I don't like the tune or the singing, and it replaced Noisy Noise (which was awesome).

Junk Garage's scratches were enough to pass up NN for me. I love them.

- Eekum Bokum from Banjo Kazooie (which I seemed to think it was Bekom Bokem but apparently it's not)
- The music from the volcano level of Diddy Kong Racing with the planes and all that... not sure why but I still remember it somewhat
- The generic Zelda music that's in most (if not all) Zelda games... I think it's the overworld theme in the first game but I'm not exactly sure
- A lot of the ocarina songs from Ocarina of Time
- The DK Rap... I personally don't have it memorized but it's definitely memorable
- The generic Mario theme (and I'm not even a Mario fan)
- Maybe One Winged Angel... I've never played Final Fantasy VII so I don't know but I'd think that song would be popular
- And strangely enough, I find no Pokémon music to be memorable, despite being a Pokémon fan. I do remember some of the music, but I wouldn't consider it "memorable"

Those Who Fight and One-Winged Angel, both from FFVII. I loved the Advent Children versions of both and aaaaa I want to see that movie again now.

Aside from that, Kanto Route 1. oh yesssssss.

The Halo theme song. But in Halo 2, the level "Gravemind" had the Instrumental version of Breaking Benjamin - Blow Me Away. It was a pretty epic song towards the end of the level. Best track I've heard in a while in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom