• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves you think a Pokemon should have.

Next round of requests!

Serperior
  • Recover - This is a move that everyone else have stated, and I agree with them because this move especially benefits fast and defensive Pokemon, and Serperior is both combined.
  • Aqua Tail - As strange as it sounds, it's a start to patch up Serperior's rather uninteresting type coverage. It even benefits from Coil's accuracy boost!
  • Outrage - Well, another one suggested by someone else, only because of the meaning behind its Japanese name.
  • Superpower - Only for compatibility with Contrary (ability).
  • Hypnosis - Another strange move, but it's meant for use with Coil. After one Coil boost, it has the same accuracy as Dark Void, and then next will be the same as Spore!
  • Power Whip - I feel this move needs to have wider distribution among Grass-types, and Serperior is one of those who would like the move.
  • Baton Pass - Serperior's access to four boosting moves and great Speed can make him an interesting passer.
Emboar
  • Icicle Crash - I believe this is a brawl-based move, and it will add to this Pokemon's unconventionality as a Fire-type (first Fire-type to learn a Water attack!). Also because it's a way to dispatch Dragons.
  • Outrage - Like for Serperior, the meaning behind the Japanese name.
  • Dragon Dance - I think this move fits Emboar's Chinese theme, and is a decent move to use as well.
Samurott
  • Spikes - Admittedly a strange user of one, but I think it makes sense to be able to unleash shell spikes.
  • Outrage - As with the previous two, it's the meaning behind the Japanese name.
  • Shell Smash - He needs a smashing way to differentiate himself from the other Water-types.
Lilligant
  • Earth Power - As stated before, Lilligant needs coverage! In my opinion, every Grass-type (especially final stagers) have to have this move.
  • Soak - Makes no sense whatsoever, but from a strategic standpoint, it makes Lilligant's offensive power more notorious to face, since Grass-types generally appreciate this move's effect on the opposition.
  • Cotton Guard - Makes little sense, but it's an interesting move.
  • Magic Coat - A support move that's generally useful to mess with the opponent.
  • Reflect - I feel that Lilligant should get the other Screen to buff up her support capabilities.
  • Skill Swap or Role Play - While Lilligant has Entrainment, swapping for Prankster with Whimsicott will generally benefit both: Whimsicott enjoys even higher Speed, while Lilligant enjoys making use of her support moves (especially Sleep Powder and After You). Or, Role Play so that Lilligant can be a Prankster too. That might work too.
Braviary
  • Flare Blitz - I feel that Braviary needs another move to make use of Sheer Force (he has surprisingly few moves that do that). Besides, that move is another way to get away with Steels.
  • Agility - I think Braviary appreciates the Speed boost. Besides, a Base 80 Speed Pokemon is generally very fast after Speed is doubled.
  • Close Combat - Just putting it here.
  • Roost - Braviary needs to capitalise on his good bulk and have the ability to recover, helping with Bulk Up's usage. Should be a level up move, since Braviary is incapable of gaining Egg Moves.
Golurk
  • Shift Gear - A move that someone else had suggested before, so I might as well mention it here for newer viewers to see: "Because you got to find first gear in your giant robot (car)"
  • Mach Punch - A funny move, but fits Golurk's tendency to learn Fighting attacks, and is a good move to dispatch Dark-types who are weak enough.
  • Inferno - This is a wild suggestion, but besides fitting the robotic theme of burning inside energy, it makes a good move to abuse with No Guard, putting the nasty Physical counters/checks in place.

Thanks for reading.

Emboar begs for a priority move, pokedex entry states it learns fast and powerful fighting moves. Infernape should be to learn more claw based attacks ( it learns hone claws AND swords dance )

Emboar begs for a priority move, pokedex entry states it learns fast and powerful fighting moves. Infernape should be to learn more claw based attacks ( it learns hone claws AND swords dance )

Infernape learns Shadow Claw.

Infernape learns Shadow Claw.

True. But I was really implying for at least dragon claw, charizard Feraligatr Sceptile all learn it and none of the sinnoh starters learn it ( you'd expect toterra who's a reptile to learn it or empoleon who uses blades to learn it). I want infernape to learn mostly for it's Chinese basis.

Remind me why Braviary can't get Sky Attack? Agreed with Braviary getting Close Combat.

Sheer Force + STAB + 140 base power + Braviary's 123 base attack = PAIN.

Remind me why Braviary can't get Sky Attack? Agreed with Braviary getting Close Combat.

Sheer Force + STAB + 140 base power + Braviary's 123 base attack = PAIN.

Sky Attack does not get boosted by Sheer Force, not to mention Sky Attack is an unreliable move anyway.

Sky Attack does not get boosted by Sheer Force, not to mention Sky Attack is an unreliable move anyway.

According to Bulbapedia, Sky Attack is boosted by Sheer Force. And besides, why not? It fits with Braviary's predatory bird image. And who says that every pokémon needs all 100% reliable moves?

Charizard: Earth Power and Energy Ball
Raichu: Ice Punch
Flareon: Flare Blitz
Ampharos: Grass Knot
Espeon: Focus Blast
Entei: Crunch and Flare Blitz
Serperior: Elemental fangs, Aqua Tail, EQ, Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast, and Brick Break
Seismitoad: Ice Beam
Vanilluxe: Surf and Psychic
Emolga: Focus Blast
Eelektross: Scald
Chandelure: Focus Blast
Beartic: Waterfall
Crygonal: Psychic
Stunfisk: Ice Beam
Golurk: Elemental Punches
Heatmor: Energy Ball and Earth Power

According to Bulbapedia, Sky Attack is boosted by Sheer Force. And besides, why not? It fits with Braviary's predatory bird image. And who says that every pokémon needs all 100% reliable moves?
My problem with the argument of 'unreliable moves' is that, if a 100% accurate move will reliably 3HKO a Pokemon who is slower but 1HKO's you after switching in, while a 95% accuracy move will reliably 2HKO another Pokemon ~90% of the time (.95*.95), who's to say what's more reliable other than statistics? Even a 70% accuracy move will 2HKO ~50% of the time.

Besides, Sky attack is a 2-turn move so it really wouldn't be added for competitive battling purposes but for rule of cool.

Also, it causes Flinch, so yes, it would get the Sheer Force boost by ignoring that effect. Pretty sure it won't ignore the charge-up effect though.

I'd much prefer a move called god bird in Japanese to stay exclusive to special Pokemon, but somehow Pidove got the move, so why not Braviary? Not even Unfezant, but Pidove as well. At least the others, aside from noctowl, were legendary, part dragon, an ancient Pokemon, or a Pokemon that can sense emotions so well they apparently had to give it Aura Sphere as well.

Also, it (Sky Attack) causes Flinch, so yes, it would get the Sheer Force boost by ignoring that effect. Pretty sure it won't ignore the charge-up effect though.

Well, there's always the Power Herb. Although it's only good for one turn.
But I don't see why Braviary would need Sky Attack when he has Brave Bird.

I'd much prefer a move called god bird in Japanese to stay exclusive to special Pokemon, but somehow Pidove got the move, so why not Braviary? Not even Unfezant, but Pidove as well

Even Delibird, Spearow, Swablu and Chatot can get it.

Dragonite should get Submission. I also agree that Lilligant desperately needs Earth Power.

POWER WHIP:
The user violently whirls its vines or tentacles to harshly lash the target.

*cough*cough*TENTACRUEL*cough*SHOULD*cough*cough*HAVE*cough* And Jellicent, to a lesser extent.

Speaking of Jellicent, if it's fave food is supposedly Life Energy, why doesn't it have Mega/Giga Drain?

I just think the Piplup evolution line should at least have one ice-type damaging move, such as aurora beam.

Braviary should be able to learn a couple of fighting type moves.

Meinfoo, Meinshao and Lucario should be able to learn Focus Blast.

Braviary should be able to learn a couple of fighting type moves.

Meinfoo, Meinshao and Lucario should be able to learn Focus Blast.

Why? They get Aura Sphere, which never misses and is quite powerful. It would just be pointless.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom