• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Name a trainer that you'd hate to lose to in the anime

Who would you NOT want to lose against

• Total voters

Paulisthebest

"Ursaring, standby for battle!"
Reaction score
Basically, if you could battle any one trainer from the anime and hate to lose to who would it be. For me it would be Barry, nothing worse than a person who takes a defeat and literally just runs home with it letting it go to their heads. Even after he loses to Ash, he constantly talked about how he was superior and obviously he wasn't (well unless you count his and Paul's love child "Trip" beating Ash on numerous occasions...).

So, who would you hate to lose to?

Team Rocket, a) because they're the worst on the list, and b) because I'd lose my Pokémon forever if I did

I wouldn't like losing to Misty. In my opinion, she wasn't a great trainer and most of her Pokemon aren't that impressive. Even with getting a Gyarados in Chronicles, she still doesn't impress me all that much and considering how I don't really like the idea of an single type team, I wouldn't want to lose to her.

I would really dislike losing to Iris. Most of, if not all of, her victories have been cheap and I wouldn't want to become yet another person defeated to glorify Iris. I would especially dislike losing to her Axew and Dragonite due to the problems I have with those two writing-wise.

I forgot to check them as well, but I wouldn't like to lose to Team Rocket either. Even in BW, they're still the weakest trainers listed and losing a match with them could easily lead to losing my Pokemon as well.

Tobias. Though I'd take the mere fact of being pitted against him in the first place as a sign that the universe despises me.

It probably wouldn't be very likely, but if I were to lose to Cameron, I'd want to find a good rock to hide under...

Aside from him, I wouldn't enjoy getting my ass handed to me by Trip either, since that may come with a free taunt afterwards. Losing to Original or BW Ash would get under my skin a bit too because of how dense he's portrayed there. Bottom line, I would not like to lose to anyone who I would have been able to beat normally.

I'd hate to lose to junk like Cameron or maybe even Richie. Bianca has some skill, but not enough. She's also too screwy, so that would be rather embarrassing. TR has gotten better recently, but I still think any decent trainer could overcome them. That's only if I wanted to be a trainer, which I don't think I would be. Oh, and as for Ash, now, there is no way I am losing to that. At the end of DP, he was skilled enough to win.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cameron. If I lost to that guy, I would be furious with myself. There is no reason to lose to that guy. Losing to Iris would be pretty bad as welll

Losing to Ash I think because Sometimes he is a Good Battler but Bad because is he Just So Stupid in some of his Battles in which he has Won Unfairly.

The more I think about it, the more I don't like the idea of losing to Cameron either. I don't know if i dislike him as much as other people, but I do find him annoying and incredibly stupid, so losing to him would be pretty bad. I think I'd be okay with losing to his Lucario, but that's basically because losing to a Lucario wouldn't bother me since it's my favorite Pokemon and that's the only thing about Cameron that I like anyway.

Team Rocket or Ash.

Easily the worst trainers on the entire show. I would be embarassed to be seen in public with them.

Ugh... Losing to Dawn would be horrible. I've never been especially impressed by her cutsey Pokémon, and while they've been able to prove themselves at the appeal stage in contests, their battle skills or overall strength isn't at all especially impressive.

While I wouldn't like to lose to any Coordinator, May at least does have some really impressive Pokémon such as Beautifly, Venusaur, Blaziken and Munchlax.

I'm sceptic when it comes to Misty. I've never been especially impressed by her skills as a Trainer, but at the same time I wouldn't really feel shame in losing to a Trainer who focuses on one type only.

Barry I wouldn't want to lose to either. Even though he's one of my favorite characters, he's kind of a wimp. Losing to him would be kinda pathetic.

So, Dawn and Barry are probably the only ones I'd really hate losing to.

Probably Cabernet since she's one of the show's butt monkeys.

I could stand losing to AG or DP-era Ash, but no more than that. I'd especially hate losing to his BW self.

Barry... I wouldn't like losing to either since he's pretty damn shallow, though it wouldn't be the end of the world for me like it would for most other options I picked. If I lost to Barry, I'd chalk it up to dumb luck on his end since I can see Barry being the kind of guy who would have dumb luck every now and then to win a battle.

Trip, though, no. Just... no. He's roughly as shallow as Barry without being interesting or endearing to make up for it, and for all the times the show TRIED to hype Trip up, it was only when he did things that ANY newbie trainer would do - namely relying almost solely on his starter and making said starter severely unbalanced. I would quite enjoy pitting his Serperior against my Ferrothorn and watch Trip cry as his Serperior's moves do jack shit against my tank and its speediness only serving to quicken its own demise when my Ferrothorn Gyro Balls that motherfucker. So yeah, losing to Trip would be unacceptable. I mean hell, who'd want to lose against a dork who got LAST PLACE in the Unova League? :p

I really wouldn't like losing to Iris either, since the vast majority of Iris' victories were cheap bullshit owed largely to Lady Luck favoring her. Iris herself, for all the hype she's gotten bestowed upon as a trainer, has really not been shown to be all that special when she actually battles since most of her victories are won by purely overpowering the opponent with little to no thought or strategy implemented to seal the deal. I feel bad enough for the victims of Iris' lucky streak; I'd feel much worse if I somehow got screwed over in a battle because her Axew learned Draco Meteor or something out of nowhere to instantly win, or because her Dragonite is virtually untouchable even to types of moves it should be critically vulnerable against.

And Team Rocket... for obvious reasons. If I lost to Team Rocket I think that would be a sign from the universe telling me to give up being a trainer immediately before I humiliate myself even worse.

Wouldn't like losing to Misty either; none of her Pokemon particularly impressed me and logically she should be impossible to NOT beat if I had the perfect anti-water team set up. Unless this was set in Best Wishes, in which case I'd have to pack a team of Rock, Ground, and Fire-types to stand a chance against her.

For others, I'd obviously hate to lose to Cameron, especially if I lost the same way Ash did. Because then I would definitely have to jump off a cliff, for I would be incapable of living down such a stupid loss. I wouldn't like losing to Kenny either, because he sucks and my Breloom would kick his Breloom's ass. Hm, can't think of anyone else at the moment that I would be pissed at losing to.

Off the top of my head:

Ash- Absolutely not to him. At least the way he is now.

Barry- He's an idiot. He's not even likeable. "I'm gonna fine you!" UGH...I'd hate losing to him.

TRio- Do I even need to explain why? Is this even a question?

Iris- Uptight, full-of-herself, cocky little *****. Thinks she knows everything and is superior to everyone.

I completely forgot about Trip. Given how much of an annoying and overpowered jerk he is, I would really not want to lose to him, especially with his placement in the Unova League.

To be fair, that's more of the writers' fault for his horrible league placement. XD.

I would fine with losing to Barry since even though his battle style is simplistic his pokemon are well trained and attacking a lot does work if your opponent doesn't have anything good up his sleeve superficial means on the surface right somethings are there for a reason like Bruno said "It's no secret that a strong trainer needs strong pokemon"

Losing to Brock and Iris would suck cause Brock's doesn't train cause he doesn't enjoy and Iris is rude so losing to her would put her statusly ahead of me and she's more lucky than anything sure she has decent skills but she's definitely no badge collector

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom