• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pkmn creatures that you want to see in the games

I would love a Pokémon inspired by parakeets, also known as budgies, I love those little birds. It would probably be a preevolution, it would be a perfect Chatot preevolution for example, but I think it's too late for that :ROFLMAO:.
budgie.png
We already have the Chespin line, but I wish there was a Pokémon with a design more similar to real porcupines. The crested porcupine would be an excellent inspiration, especially if the design emphasizes the incredible quills.
porcupine.png
Another animal that I would love to see in Pokémon version is the betta fish, these fish are known for their beautiful colors and fins, but also for being very aggressive, so much so that you can't keep more than one in a fish tank. A beautiful Water/Fighting fish Pokémon that also has a very aggressive nature sounds amazing.
Betta.png

In speaking about a potential Chatot evolution, how about a macaw that has an ability that boosts the power of sound moves? Trust me, macaws are loud as heck, so turning that loudness into something a Pokemon is known for in battle prowess would be a lot of fun.

Kind of a stretch on what's defined as a "creature", but... I love the concept of man-made Pokémon, such as the Porygon line and Genesect, and I'd like to see another in the same vein as that. If they ever get around to a Steel-type Eeveelution, I think it would be interesting if its design and dex entries resembled something like the AIBO or even the i-Cybie, essentially robotic dogs that were built to be companions for people.
20171101_sony-s-new-robot-aibo.jpg
bA4_m6mRbeVR-OCimfTH02jJlHoUmgfpib3oN-WwBHt5paoriWZSOB5raX8YYhVUd6NOGNyKulqZJ7o
I also had this idea back when the Galar region was revealed that they would add a pair of Eeveelutions based off of the fantasy trope of a knight and a dragon, being Steel-type and (obviously) Dragon-type, respectively. But alas, no such thing happened. :(

Last edited:
Fighting/Ghost Karate master, in the similar vein of the humanoid fighters like the Hitmons and Sawk and Troh. Except, you know, a ghost.

I really just want Fighting/Ghost to be used by another pokemon besides Marshadow.

Would love to see a Jiangshi-inspired Pokemon like these guys:

EaHekccUYAE5TU_.jpg
:)bulbaLove:)

Maybe for the China-inspired region of generation 9 :unsure:

But putting that fan speculation to the side for a second, I would love to see Pokemon based on a Tamarin, Platypus, the obvious Dolphin, a moon Rabbit (or anything associated with the moon, really, I'm fine with animals, deities, viruses, whatever haha), an ibis, egret, ghaddar, and then maybe a pseudo legendary based on a mecha of sorts. This could be a humanoid entity that contains the soul of an older or extinct Pokemon or something.

Last edited:
Many people are asking for dolphin-based Pokémon, and I knew there is already a Legendary dolphin Pokémon, Kyogre.

But then, we don't have any dolphin Pokémon aside from that killer whale Legendary. If Game Freak ever created another dolphin Pokémon, it'll be (yet) another Legendary Pokémon or Mythical Pokémon based on the Amazonian River Dolphins, with mythology surrounding it such as kidnapping other trainers to their realms. Sounds scary.

Regarding cheetahs, Jolteon and Suicune would be the closest ones, but we need an actual cheetah Pokémon.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom