• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokemon! New Pokemon!!!!

Doctor Oak said:
>_> That's not the actual pokemon.... Just something someone else has drawn based on a bunch of indistinguishable pixels.

No duh. I know that. I was just saying I don't like that design.

I highly doubt the ones at the top are the new starters. They may be indistinguishable blobs of color, but those blobs of color are primarily purple and brownish yellow - not red/green/blue.

Well.

Masuda said he wanted to shake up the starters. Devoid of being able to actually change the base types, maybe design is what we're getting instead.

Which would be fine to me, especially if it means a change from the whole Grass Dinosaur pattern thing.

Well the "new pokes look like digimon" whining has already started at GameFAQs,so now we know we're in the dawn of the 4th Generation. XD

On first impressions alone,the D/P legendaries do look pretty cool IMO.The designs do seem to be a bit more intense and stylized than what we're normally used to.

I was wondering,if the Diamond Legendary is indeed a Steel type and is supposed to be representative of diamonds,can we expect it to have some godly Defense with all-around uber stats to back it up? Possibly topping Shuckle's base Def. of 250/ I think it'd be kind of interesting for a Legendary to be nigh invulnerable to almost any sort of physical attacks.

GameFaq users complain about everything anyway.

And I personally like the ledgendaries and they don't look too Digimon too me, and hey, I bet if they were cuter people would complain we don't get any badass Pokemon, but now their complaining over Cybeast God-Smiting Demonlord ArchTiamon and Cybeast Pillar of Light, Lolitalumingiamon.

Last edited:
Nomekop Oen said:
Well the "new pokes look like digimon" whining has already started at GameFAQs,so now we know we're in the dawn of the 4th Generation. XD

On first impressions alone,the D/P legendaries do look pretty cool IMO.The designs do seem to be a bit more intense and stylized than what we're normally used to.

I was wondering,if the Diamond Legendary is indeed a Steel type and is supposed to be representative of diamonds,can we expect it to have some godly Defense with all-around uber stats to back it up? Possibly topping Shuckle's base Def. of 250/ I think it'd be kind of interesting for a Legendary to be nigh invulnerable to almost any sort of physical attacks.

They don't remind me too much Digimon either, but they do seem too serious to be pokemon.

Though, on being Steel... I thought Jirachi's defence was basically godly anyways, especailly after using something to increase defence. I don't remember base numbers but I definatly remember denting jirachi's defences.

Habunake said:
No....those are definately, 100% fake.

Now people say some of the Saver's Digimon (Sunflowmon and Kamemon) look like Pokemon.

Sunflowmon does look a lot like Sunflora though (or even drawn like it in Digimon's art style)... but I doubt Bandai would rip off an old monster :p

I guess that's just because of it's type, but I know I've gotten Jirachi to pump up its defence to where all fire attacks do < 10 damage.

I don't wanna be rude but they look a little like Digimon. probably creators didn't have a better idea so they created pokemon like those. I don't hate new pokemon because they don't look bad. Probably this white and black one are steel types. We will see how strong they are.
3 new pokemon. My mates are saying that they look like evolutions of Plusle and Minun. Some people have said that one from them is an evolution of Aipom. Hmm... nice pokemon. I wish I could see new starters.

Bulbapedia says Diamond is Tiagaga while Pearl is L(R)uhakia...

All I can make out from the cover is Tia## and ##|a (That is what it looks like to me)

Well, in Tia the last two characters looks the same.

Who translated it by the way?

It seems to me more like a pin the kana to the pixellated gobbledegook to me.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom