• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo 3DS Theme Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrackFox

Mutha'uckas
Reaction score
nintendo-3ds-themes.jpg

As you probably know if you own a 3DS, Nintendo updated our systems so we are now able to buy/use themes to beautify our systems. Right now there aren't that many but apparently there is going to be a lot more released in the future. So far i've only bought the Animal Crossing 'Jack' Halloween theme and i'm waiting until they release the other AC ones before buying another. So what about you? Have you bought any themes and which themes do you hope to see available in the future? You can also use this thread to announce when new themes become available for those of us who don't necessarily check the store everyday.

I picked up the Hanafuda one and it looks nice, though I don't particularly like its music. So I generally keep my system on Basic Blue.

... Why people wouldd want to use something like Basic Black or heaven-forbid Checkerboard is beyond me....

Uh I haven't done that update yet, not even have a Nintendo Network account. so is it worth it making an account for the themes?
I like the themes that OP posted but I wonder if there will be Pokémon specific themes like a Greninja or Blaziken theme but if there aren't any of those available I might use the ones that are free.

Uh I haven't done that update yet, not even have a Nintendo Network account. so is it worth it making an account for the themes?
I like the themes that OP posted but I wonder if there will be Pokémon specific themes like a Greninja or Blaziken theme but if there aren't any of those available I might use the ones that are free.

There's no harm in creating an account but regardless of that when you update you should have the option to change the theme. The default ones will only change the colour though. There aren't currently any Pokemon themes on the Europeon shop but I believe the selection is different depening on where you live. I've seen screenshots of some ORAS ones actually. It's only a matter of time before we get a whole bunch to mark the release of ORAS.

... Why people wouldd want to use something like Basic Black or heaven-forbid Checkerboard is beyond me....

Hey, I use Basic Black and I like it! :spin: I have to agree with you on the checkerboard though, it's too monochrome for me. I must say, the video game-based themes need greater variety. There's way too much Mario and too little of anything else. I'm sure plenty of existing games can be used as wallpaper... they haven't even made a Pokemon one yet, have they?

I'm betting that if there will be a Pokemon one, it will be a lot of Pikachu spam and little else...

Buying them is a waste of money. The free ones are fine. I have Basic Yellow, that one looks pretty nice.

EDIT: Also the themes in the Theme Shop right now are pretty meh.

Last edited:
I absolutely love that they have added themes! Its one of my favorite ways to personalize my different gaming consoles. When they first cam out I bought the Yoshi one and was disappointed when it made Mario sounds and not yoshi ones. :(
When they put up the Halloween ones I got the black cat one because it reminds me of my evil little black kittens! Although the Halloween themes just made me realize that Nintendo is probably going to release themes for every major holiday now.

CrackFox said:
There's no harm in creating an account but regardless of that when you update you should have the option to change the theme. The default ones will only change the colour though. There aren't currently any Pokemon themes on the Europeon shop but I believe the selection is different depening on where you live. I've seen screenshots of some ORAS ones actually. It's only a matter of time before we get a whole bunch to mark the release of ORAS.

Yeah I think I might make an account sooner or later but not for the themes but to download games (not Pokémon since I prefer to have in physical form, digitally having it is like not having it). A Super Smash Bros. theme would be totally cool, so would a Tetris theme and even a Game & Watch one for a retro-ish (Tetris is still retro) look.

I've bought a few: namely the Yoshi and Rosalina themes, along with the black cat. I'm currently using the black cat theme and I love it; if you put your 3DS into sleep mode and open it up, the cat will meow.

I'd love a Pokemon theme but I fear it may end up being all Pikachu, all the time. =/

I love this addition to the 3DS! I've had a Luigi theme since the theme shop became available, and I'm really enjoying it. The Rosalina one that got added recently is also super tempting, but I might wait until they make a Rosalina that's a little less plain. Poor theme-less Daisy, losing out to Rosalina again.

For now the ones in the eshop aren't too good, but I really love the red theme, it's the one I'm using

I've bought a few: namely the Yoshi and Rosalina themes, along with the black cat. I'm currently using the black cat theme and I love it; if you put your 3DS into sleep mode and open it up, the cat will meow.
That sounds awesome and cute, I may end up getting that one.

Buying them is a waste of money. The free ones are fine. I have Basic Yellow, that one looks pretty nice.

EDIT: Also the themes in the Theme Shop right now are pretty meh.

You could say that about buying video games in general though. I personally think my AC theme was money well spent. It was only £1.39GBP and it's very cute. Gets me in the mood for Halloween. Similarly i'll be buying any Christmas themes they make. This is gonna be a real cash cow for Nintendo.

I keep hearing about a black cat theme? It's not listed in the store for me :/

I currently only have two: Spinning Bowser (the one I currently use), and Wood Burned Mario

Last edited:
I like this a lot actually ^_^
Got the Mable Animal Crossing background, love the music and how cute Mable is :-D

Disappointed in a lack of Pokémon ones though.

You could say that about buying video games in general though. I personally think my AC theme was money well spent. It was only £1.39GBP and it's very cute. Gets me in the mood for Halloween. Similarly i'll be buying any Christmas themes they make. This is gonna be a real cash cow for Nintendo.

I wouldn't say that at all. With a video game I'm paying for hours of entertainment. With the themes I'm just paying to decorate my screen. IDK what you consider "worth it", but I wouldn't pay money just to make my screen look prettier.

The Hanafuda theme is what I bought. I like it, and after 3 and half years of the default 'theme', I thought it was time for a change. I'm happy with my choice. It's a nice design, music's fine, and it's a good reminder of Nintendo's roots. I looked at the Halloween themes, and while I liked the Animal Crossing one, I decided not purchase as I would only use it for a few days.

I'm going to get the Link Between Words theme and the spinning Bowser theme.

If I had money.

I currently have the Hanafuda theme since it matches my red 3DS XL, but I do want a Peach theme as well. But I'm holding out to see if there will be any nicer themes in the future since I hate buying something, then finding out later there's something I would have wanted even more.

I normally use the Spinner Peach theme, and it's really cute and looks great on my white 3DS! Though I'm currently using the free Halloween theme, Spooky Black Cat, to get in the Halloween mood. I really like how both of them look, but the music annoys me a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom