• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Gen V Pokemon to be absent from Isshu

I'm actually totally fine with this. It is pretty far away (in america) after all and not china, for example ;)

Probably a stretch here, but Luvdisc could

be a baby pokemon. And you only get it when you put Mamanbou in the daycare with an incense/other item, as an egg.
It's not as if we haven't had pokemon only obtainable like that before...

I'd actually like that. A lot. It would be a good explainantion for Luvdisc's HORRIBLE stats.

Last edited:
Hay guyz, I herd Seviper evolves from Arbok!

Hay guyz, I herd Seviper evolves from Arbok!
At least Mamanbo has fairly big similarities but whatever.

I just sit here hoping they'll bring real-world Darwinian evolution as an explanation for things like the Pika-clones and Mamanbo saying that those guys came from a common ancestor or something.

Seviper is much more different from Arbok than Mamanbou is from Luvdisc. The INSTANT reaction to Mamanbou was "Luvdisc evo!" It would be ridiculous to assume that Gamefreak didn't see that. Especially considering the sunfish doesn't look like a heart.

The problem with creating more and more pokemon is that the ones they end up creating will eventually look similar to the older pokemon. '

Buffalon/Tauros, for example. I'm sure people must have been thinking the same with Mamanbou being too similar to Luvdisc.

Both Sugimori and Masuda confirmed that there will be no Generation V pokemon available in Isshu (at least pre-National Dex).

Either way, I am glad something like this has finally been done. Every time I played a Pokemon game, it never really feels "new" because the older pokemon are still there. No matter what region, every time I enter a cave, I see a Zubat. Every time I go fishing, I see a Goldeen or Magikarp.

I want an experience that feels fresh and innovated, something that Game Freak seems to have done with Black and White. I'm sure that this was one of the major priorities Game Freak had in mind.

Last edited:
Buffalon/Tauros, for example. I'm sure people must have been thinking the same with Mamanbou being too similar to Luvdisc

To be honest, I find more similarities between Tauros and Buffalon than between Luvdisc and Mamanbou. Luckily none of them are related.

Back
Top Bottom