• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Oblivious [A Harry Potter RP] {Start-up}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thane grinned at Justin and sat down beside him, setting down his suitcase next to his seat and stretching himself out.
"My name's Thane. What's yours?"

"Nice one," said Thane, holding out his hand, "And dude, look at me, no need to say you're a first year. You're looking at one!"

"Good, then it seems we're on the same page," Semper responded, taking a seat opposite her and pulling out his Transfiguration text book. Settling in for a long ride he flicked open the cover of his book, eyes glancing over the pages and taking in the words with vaguely disguised interest. He snorted slightly when she began to rant at whoever had walked in, but otherwise didn't bother looking up from his book.

He did, however, begin to smirk, apparently revelling in the irritated air the compartment was quickly filling with. If nothing else it was vaguely humourous. That and he was sort of hoping that she would Bat-Bogey him in the face. But, he supposed, at the same time it was vageuly irritating, to have the boy loitering outside the compartment for no reason other than to seemingly flirt.

Semper, for a moment, pondered the intelligence of silencing both Savannah and Eliot. Although to be quite honest, he supposed, he'd probably rather not risk the whole Bat-Bogey thing himself.

Abigor Sanguis II was strolling down Platform 9 3/4, his owl perched on his shoulder, giving glares to just about everyone who passed by. He had bid his parents goodbye earlier, and now, it was time to show this place what a real wizard was. Entering the train, he began searching through the various compartments. Of course, there weren't any that were empty. Sighing to himself, he thought that he may as well see who he was going to be stuck with for the next seven years.

He noticed a compartment with who appeared to be three first-years; a boy who was attempting to speak with a girl who was giving him a death glare, and a bespectacled boy who quite obviously wasn't really paying attention to the whole mess. Shoving the one near the entrance aside, he approached the other two. "Would it be too much to ask for me to sit here?" he said in a quite silky voice. "Just about all of the other compartments are filled with mindless baboons."

Savannah turned towards the newcomer, glaring at him, "Yes, it would be too much if you sat here. You see, I'm tired of people coming up to me, wanting to sit with me. One person is enough for me, and if that makes you sad, than you can go cry back to mommy," rolling her eyes, she walked back into her compartment, shutting the door behind her. Sighing, she looked over at Semper, who was reading a Transfiguration textbook, "I hope I'm not in the same house as any of them. They're such pests,"

Picking up her Charm book, she began to flip through it, looking for a spell to lock a door.

Caitlin had been hoping to find an empty compartment so she could avoid having to talk to anyone - she really wasn't very good at making the first move when talking to strangers. Instead of asking someone if she could join them in their compartment, she loitered about outside them, trying to make herself as small as possible so as to allow some sixth years past. Vexen was mewing in his cage, seemingly quite bored.

---

Dragging Lunick and her trunk behind her, Hollie began searching the compartments, watching what people were doing inside for a moment before moving on. She checked about half the train before she gave up hope, deciding that all the compartments ahead would probably be full as well. She looked through the window of the compartment on her immediate left.

Inside were some people who looked like they might be in their first year, too. There was one boy with short brown hair and high cheekbones, accompanied by a brown tawny owl. Another boy had messy blonde hair. (There may or may not have been other people in the compartment, but by this point Metabee had completely lost track of who's where.)

"Hey, mind if I sit with you guys?" asked Hollie, after courteously giving a light knock on the door and then poking the top of her offensively pink head through the gap to look at them.

"Yeah, sure," Cole said, looking towards the girl who had walked in. "Come on in, I guess this must be the one compartment that isn't full by now."

Last edited:
Thane smiled at the new guest, "Yeah sure! Fine by me,"
He pointed to the seat opposite him and Justin.

OOC: Holy shit. I wasn't expecting people to jump like four pages so fast. ;< Just shows how long I haven't role-played for.

CLARITY SAT ALL ON HER LONESOME, BECAUSE NO-ONE WANTED TO ROLE-PLAY TALKING TO HER.

Clarity began to wonder what she had done to make people avoid her like this - she had seen people purposefully walk past her own compartment and go into a different one, seemingly with some occupants, she supposed. However, she was glad that she had all that room to herself. She was a bit lonely, though, in a large area by herself, simply watching people pass by with seemingly no regard that she might actually want to talk to someone, although she guessed that she might not mind that much either way. At any rate, Clarity was more than a little bored, but had the sense to try and not to go to sleep, like she mostly did on train journeys - part of the reason was because she wanted to see what the journey to Hogwarts was like. The scenery, the rails, the choo-choo of the train, amongst other things. Another part of the reason was that she wouldn't want to appear weird in front of potential friends, people who, if they had saw her sleeping in a carriage by herself, may get the wrong idea. Another reason was that she might sleep through a lot of things, such as the time when they were supposed to be getting changed into their plain black school robes.

So, as an alternative to sleeping, Clarity instead flung open her trunk momentarily to grab two things - a spellbook and her very own wand, purchased from the wizarding shop of Ollivander's at some point during the summer. She had been delighted to have the secret revealed to her at long last that she was a witch, not that she hadn't been suspicious that she did possess some kind of ability that most people would never know of. The book that she had grabbed was the simple Standard Book of Spells: Grade One by one Miranda Goshawk. She seemed to be a woman of fine knowledge, having wrote many spellbooks on Charms and other spells, including nonverbal variants, Herbology guides and it seemed she also had some knowledge on Care of Magical Creatures, having wrote at least the third volume of Which Owl?. So, settling down into her seat and sliding her legs up a little to support the tome on her lap, she laid her wand on her stomach and began flicking through the spellbook to see what kind of spells it had in it.

She knew that she wasn't allowed to use magic out of school, probably even still in a place where magic was known all about and accepted - you weren't even supposed to use magic outside of class, on the corridors at least. What Clarity wanted really, though, was to have someone to talk to - she wasn't a bookish person overall, more of a people person, although she did enjoy books that piqued her interest, such as the book which she was reading at that moment.

"I did not mean to offend." Eliot says, backing away from the wand, looking a little hurt, but brightening less than a second later. "I will leave. Thank you anyway." He says, going away and finding an empty comparment. He then notices Caitlin. "Looking for a seat?" He asks, petting sSocks, not realizing he was sitting next to Clarity.

"Who?" Evan asks, laying back, the compartment flooding with snakes from his ears.

OOC: Be nice. He is very sensitive these days.

Last edited:
"A hell of a long one," said Thane, scratching the back of his neck, "I heard there's a trolly that comes by soon, with all the good stuff, you know Liquorice Wands and Berty Botts Every Flavour Beans! "

"Yeah and my parents gave me a fair amount of money! Ohhh I can't wait to have some Chocolate Frogs, maybe some Bertie Botts, Licorice Wands, Droobles, Cauldron Cakes, or whatever else thats delicious!" He said with a smile. He wondered when the trolley would come by.

Hollie grinned when Thane offered the seat, and dragged her trunk inside, stowing it in the overhead rack and plonking Lunick down unceremoniously next to the tawny owl. Lunick gave Hollie a very disgruntled look, with much ruffling of his feathers. Then, he started examining the floor of his cage, and poked an abandoned owl treat through the bars to his neighbor, as a show of good faith.

"The trolley probably won't come until after we start moving, though..." Hollie said with an air of depression in her voice, "I'm Hollie, by the way - Hollie Anderson."

---

Caitlin became incredibly flustered when a boy asked her if she was looking for a seat. Her cheeks went pink and she started murmuring what might have been thanks but could have been anything. Then, after a moments hesitation, she nodded to him, grabbing hold of her trunk and Vexen and following him.

They sat down in a compartment which had previously accommodated a solitary girl with quite curly hair, similar to Caitlin's only this was more of a brunette colour. Caitlin then clumsily attempted to hoist her trunk onto the overhead trunk, but was neither strong nor in the right frame of mind for heavy lifting. It didn't help that one of the clips to the trunk then opened, causing a spare cardigan to fall on top of the poor girl's head.

"Let me." Eliot offers , helping get the trunk in place. "I am Eliot, by the way. Tell me, is your name as beautiful as you are yourself?"

Savannah groaned as she closed the book, "Nothing. There is absolutely nothing in this book about locking doors,” sighing she looked at Ross, who had woken up and was now making his way towards Semper.

She didn’t try to warn him about her fluffy grey cat; if he didn’t like cats, he wouldn’t have chosen this compartment. Smiling slightly when Ross jumped into Semer’s lap, she said, “I think he likes you,” before turning back to her trunk and pulled out the Dark Arts book she’d been reading before she’d been distracted by the guys next door, who thankfully had quieted down.

Caitlin stared at her helper through the arm hole of her cardigan, seemingly haven forgotten all knowledge and understanding of the English language. Pulling the cardigan off of her head, she made a large ado about storing it back in her trunk, disregarding the fact that the top of her head and been made all frizzy from the fibers that had been on her head for the last few moments.

"I-I... I'm C-Caitlin..." she stuttered, addressing a book she could see through the opening in her trunk. She turned around and slumped into her seat, where she freed Vexen from his cage. Ignoring Caitlin, he went and pawed at one of the tassels used to close the blinds.

Abigor's facial expression momentarily changed into that of outrage, but he quickly regained his composure, turning his back on the two. "Very well. But keep what you just said in mind. Karma has a way of happening when you least expect it," he said with a sneer, before closing the door. He made a mental note to show her up the first chance he got.

Alright, so that didn't work. He continued to look around for somewhere half decent. After a good deal of searching, he had at long last managed to find a compartment to himself. He wasn't really making that good of a first impression. But not that it mattered. First impressions meant nothing. What really mattered was what one did afterwards. He himself would know that well, given his tendency for faking friendship.

Semper snorted at the newcomer, rolling his eyes in exasperation but otherwise paying him little attention. "Yes, it would be most disappointing if these were the people I found myself having to spend my time at Hogwarts associating with." He continued flicking through his Transfiguration book, eyes running over the pages, mouth quirking at some of the spells written within. "That is unfortunate. I would've hoped we could keep the more...untoward of students outside of the compartment."

He blinked slightly as he felt a sudden weight on his lap, glancing down at the cat and smirking. "That's nice." Continuing to flick through the book he absentmidedly petted the animal, every now and again glancing down, releshing the comparative silence of his position. It was...pleasing that he'd found someone content to sit in relative silence.

He paused for a moment. "If you don't mind me experimenting I could attempt to lock the door myself? I seem to recall my father teaching me a spell that could work."

---

"Thanks," Rachel responded, grinning in relief. "I'm Rachel Lucian. And you?" Euth made a chirping noise, cocking his head in Cole's irection, and she snorted at the squirrel. "I apologise if Euth's any trouble. He is a rather inquisitive beast." As though just to prove her point the squirrel leapt from his position on her shoulder onto the table, hopping onto the boy's lap and staring up at him curiously.

Taint likewise left his position on her other shoulder, instead settling onto the back of Rachel's seat, rather than being so irritating as to go and jump onto the lap of the first person he'd seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom