• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Black & White Title Announcement Thread #2

Re: Official New Dub Episode Title Announcement Thread 2

Why would they be? They might get some small things wrongs like a typo but I don't thing they get character names wrong.
As Eitarou mentioned before, they got Roland's name wrong. And IIRC, they stated Jessie as being 12 years old.

As Eitarou mentioned before, they got Roland's name wrong. And IIRC, they stated Jessie as being 12 years old.

I stand corrected.

Well, we'll learn soon enough this Saturday. Say, why are we discussing Kenya's English name here?

I guess its a regional dialect thing because I read it as "ehn" and "in"

Oh okay, I see how that would work then. I just couldn't figure out what Playerking was going for. Of course it's not easy for me to naturally say it as "ehn" properly. I guess that's what they could be going for in the dub. It's probably "Steph-ehn" and all the other characters will say "Steph-in" or something.

The confusion could also arise over the ph sound, everyone might call him Steven.

You didn't get my complaint. I honestly don't see how Stephan can really be mispronounced, if they chose a name that I could easily have seen mispronunciations it wouldn't have been a problem.

Plus Kenyan really doesn't look like Stephan at all.

@Playerking
The second and last one look like they'd be pronounced identically since 'en I'm pretty sure is pronounced as "in" Like Chicken -> "Chick-in" unless you were going for "Steph-een"

Oh well in the end it doesn't matter. Hopefully Pokemon.com are wrong.

No, what I mean is. Steph-en, as in an un sound, I should've said Steph-un, or better yet, Steph-ern. With Steph-in, as in, "Mark went in the buildling."

You know, on the matter of episode 34's dub title, maybe they're trying to with the very, very, small summary approach approach, like with the early titles of Kanto. I mean, "Saving Darmanitan From the Bell" is like that as well, but still, episode 34's title just seems out of place.

Does anyone know when the 1st BW movie will air in America?

TPCI hasn't announced it yet. It'll most likely be in 2012.

No, but there is a rumor that Australia will get the DVD's of the newest movies soon, so they'll probably air at the end of the year, or near the beginning of next year as Musashi said.

It's taken me a while, but I have gotten used to the title for BW034.

BW035: Facing Fear With Eyes Wide Open!
Source: Cartoon Network.com

Last edited:

All I found is this. I think they're trying to go for some obscure saying, rather than some esoteric song reference. Or maybe they're just pulling this new title out of their asses.

At least it sounds pretty.

I like it. It sounds catchy, it fits with the episode and it isn't a reference, well, probably not a big one. 10/10 for that title in my opinion.

the dub title is a double entendre, guys. XD
which of course, makes me love it

'eyes wide open' is literally a metaphor for facing fear. it's just that it can be applied literally to mijumaru's case as well.

Facing the Fear of Gamugaru and the dark lake as well as his friend's dying :p

Makes sense. Oshawott needs to face his fear of water through opening his eyes (Aqua Jet). I like it. It sounds punny and straight forward.

Oh, right. This is the Oshawott episode.

Ok then, I like it.

What episode did you think it was?

Was it because I used the other episode number for the episode, or...?

I honestly believe it's the best, if not, one of best episode titles for Black and White. That's how much I like and I hope they keep the good ones coming.

Last edited:

Great title.

BW033 - Iris and Excadrill Against the Dragon Buster! (Sep 17)
BW034 - Gotta Catch A Roggenrola! (Sep 24)
Source: Toonzone

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom