• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I want is something cool to do. Maybe even make me want to play more or even play it again. I just play the game for a week and then don't touch it again for a long time.

Kinda hope Ultra Burst stays as Necrozma's thing, unless they wanna give it to the Ultra Beasts as their counterpart to Mega Evolution, but instead they need something like an Ultra Crystal that resembles that prism that comes out of Dawn Wings/Dusk Mane's head just before the Ultra Burst occurs, but instead it has the respective Ultra Beast's colour palette, kinda how Rayquaza's method of Mega Evolution stands apart from the other Pokémon.

Also Mega Evolution + Z-Move = Something that shouldn't be common.

I can think of so many more Gimmicks they could go with than a Mega/Z-Move combo Form.

I... hope we don't get any more Ultra anything, that concept can just die in Alola. If they want to add a few new species-specific Z-moves, though, I could probably care less- didn't really love it, but it'd just be like adding new signature moves for pokemon in a way. Not like they can do a whole lot new with it, they already have a generic Z-move for every type.

If anything, I hope regional variants makes a return, because that is a solid concept that could carry on for ages, transforming older pokemon from every generation. It makes for some excellent world-building. Wouldn't mind some new mega evolutions either, but that's kind of in the Z-move boat where it's not a big deal if they add a few more, I guess- just would be really nice to see it picked up again. Carrying on these concepts makes the pokemon world seem more interesting.

Just... seriously, no more Ultra Space. I'd like to stay in the regular pokemon world and explore there, thanks, no more crazy extra-dimensional shit.

Just... seriously, no more Ultra Space. I'd like to stay in the regular pokemon world and explore there, thanks, no more crazy extra-dimensional shit.

I think it's a little too late for that. They alluded to the Ultra Space concept in ORAS, with Zinnia talking about alternate universes(which we got with USUM) and Looker washing up onto a beach with no memory(this is hinting at the "faller" concept). That blatant teaser at the end of Rainbow Rocket added on to it even further. Not to mention there is a guarantee that UB's will be obtainable in future games regardless if those plotlines get expanded on or not.

For those that don't like Ultra Space, I'm sorry to tell you that it's here to stay.

They started the trend in ORAS and expanded it in Alola.
For the matter, I really doubt they will ignore the multiverse stuff for a while. Sorry mate :_

I could not agree more.

Also agree on the topic of regional variants and Mega Evolutions. With the former having an absolute boat load of potential.

hey.

hey u guys.

the kanto week in Pokemon GO ends tomorrow at 1pm.

Switch announcement confirmed

I'm kidding.

History tells us that we can’t really say that about anything in any Game Freak title with any real confidence.

I agree to an extent. But, the whole UB thing is totally different than features like Contests and Secret Bases. We got brand-new catchable species out of it, and I highly doubt they're going to get rid of them. And you can't exactly have UB's without Ultra Space. You can't use personal preferences as proof that the whole concept of Ultra Beasts will become obsolete.

And you can't exactly have UB's without Ultra Space.
Considering how they were caught in SM, yes, you can. We could also take a break from them for one release just like with legendaries.

As for Giovanni, I would hope that he's lost interest in the UB army plan. All we know is that he's looking for another world.

I agree to an extent. But, the whole UB thing is totally different than features like Contests and Secret Bases. We got brand-new catchable species out of it, and I highly doubt they're going to get rid of them. And you can't exactly have UB's without Ultra Space. You can't use personal preferences as proof that the whole concept of Ultra Beasts will become obsolete.

I don’t disagree with you - and to be clear, no one as far as I can tell is using personal preferences as proof that something will become obsolete, so I’m not sure where that came from.

What I do know, is that no matter how strongly anyone feels about any aspect of any of the main series games, we can’t ever say “its not going anywhere” for one simple reason - we don’t know that.

With a select few exceptions of course, things that make Pokémon, Pokémon.
Ultra Space certainly doesn’t fall into that category.

Ultra Beasts are probably going to stick around for some time to come, unlike Regional Variants, they aren't something they can just abandon, according to the Lore, Ultra Beasts and Wormholes seemingly aren't restricted to Alola and Ultra Beasts have likely become common place in the world of Pokémon if a division of the International Police was created solely to deal with them, and assuming they will be going with the timeline containing USUM, then the Ultra Recon Squad will probably pop up from time to time.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprise if they introduce new Ultra Beasts, causing the Ultra Recon Squad to show up, which then opens the possibility for the player to catch the older Ultra Beasts in their own worlds, and just keep in mind, many Legendaries are only avaliable in USUM because of Ultra Space's inclusion.

Uhm...

I think it might be worth pointing out that no one is saying Ultra Space is going to disappear never to return.

There’s a couple of people, myself included, saying that they would like to see a lot less of it (if any at all) in future titles.

HUGE difference between someone saying what they want and someone saying what is definitely going to happen.

I know it’s a quiet period for leaks and rumours but not every single little thing on this thread has to be met with fierce contention just for the sake of it.

Ultra Burst would actually be pretty cool to apply to Kanto Pokemon! Maybe Ultra Burst will make some Pokemon look like Ultra Beasts? like Charizard getting Ultra Burst and transforming into a new Charizard form that looks like Ultra Beast would be cool.

I don't think the build up in ORAS and the prevalence in USUM means that Ultra Beasts are going to get any more of a revisit than Mega Evolution did. Mega Evolution was made a big story deal and then it got dropped aside in Sun and Moon and shoehorned in in the most minimal way possible.

I feel like the Ultra Space references in ORAS were just teasers for Gen 7 and now that they've made a big deal about Ultra Beasts and Ultra Space... they're going to (hopefully) move on to something else and sweep Ultra Beasts under the rug. I don't doubt that they will find a way to fit them into future games, but probably only as a mini event, at best.

Ultra Burst would actually be pretty cool to apply to Kanto Pokemon! Maybe Ultra Burst will make some Pokemon look like Ultra Beasts? like Charizard getting Ultra Burst and transforming into a new Charizard form that looks like Ultra Beast would be cool.

…Coulda…picked a better example than something with Two Megas…anyway, Ultra Burst uses the Light of another Pokémon, so I think it'd be pretty hard for them to give it to anything other than Necrozma or organisms powered up by it's light, that being Totem Pokémon and anything with Beast Boost.

I don't think the build up in ORAS and the prevalence in USUM means that Ultra Beasts are going to get any more of a revisit than Mega Evolution did. Mega Evolution was made a big story deal and then it got dropped aside in Sun and Moon and shoehorned in in the most minimal way possible.

I feel like the Ultra Space references in ORAS were just teasers for Gen 7 and now that they've made a big deal about Ultra Beasts and Ultra Space... they're going to (hopefully) move on to something else and sweep Ultra Beasts under the rug. I don't doubt that they will find a way to fit them into future games, but probably only as a mini event, at best.

To be honest, the entire lore between Ultra Space and the Z-crystals got much better story development compared to Mega Evolution.

It seems that a lot of folks at SPPf are pretty convinced that no game is coming this year, since they're assuming a new generation which clashes with the fact that by April we already had something about BW-SM (and their predecessors, for that matter).

The only thing I can agree on is that the lack of even a form in the movie is weird, but suffice to say that when the movie was planned "2018 or later" was something to be accounted for. So what is the movie supposed to advertise other than USUM and toys? Maybe, just maybe, the Johto Pokemon aren't arbitrary. It bothers me that few people have considered this after all the hoopla surrounding Lucario and Piplup last year.

And Eevee could be a starter even without a new Eeveelution. The latter would just make the other choices less relevant, anyway.

I wouldn't take what they say as gospel. They have been wrong before, and Serebii Joe especially seems prone to jumping to conclusions. If I recall he dismissed Greninja's leaked artwork or whatever as a fake because he thought the creature looked "ugly".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom