• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we get more than just three. I was kinda sad when I found out USUM got only three UBs.

I finally I had to take a random guess as to how many UBs we might get a generation, it would probably be 3 for both Titles + 2 version exclusives, and maybe 1 that evolves if we're lucky.

We don't even know if that picture (is real) comes from a demo or when it was actually taken...if this is what he has than I wouldn't care about what he says...

Ya know I found someone on Twitter who had enhanced the image, and I didn't save it…was kicking myself for a while after I couldn't find it again; but probably the only other thing I could gather from it that isn't already obvious is the Pokémon in the top left corner might be a Ribombee or Cutiefly, but that's not too hard to make out as it is, not that it means anything though.

In regards to the possibility of Pokemon competing with Smash at E3...

Here is the Sun and Moon E3 coverage-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC-uLg_5RIA

It ran for around 40 minutes.

Here is the Zelda: Breath of the Wild E3 coverage-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpsgkioaQms

It ran for 4 hours.

Even if it had a chance of competing, they don't give it the opportunity to.

Pokemon typically always don't show much around E3, never have, its typically a small segment and done where as other games like Zelda have much more to show likely because of the game content being larger. But didn't take away any hype from Sun and Moon. I was around in the forums when E3 news broke and we were analysing things we were shown, imo there was more after E3 Pokemon Hype than Zelda at that point lol The hype went on for weeks with over analysing things and wacky rumours.

Pokemon typically always don't show much around E3, never have, its typically a small segment and done where as other games like Zelda have much more to show likely because of the game content being larger. But didn't take away any hype from Sun and Moon. I was around in the forums when E3 news broke and we were analysing things we were shown, imo there was more after E3 Pokemon Hype than Zelda at that point lol The hype went on for weeks with over analysing things and wacky rumours.
Yeah, I was hot on the Sun & Moon news, that's why I referenced that year's E3 in particular- just pointing out that Nintendo's not gonna be afraid of Pokemon competing with Smash at E3 because they're not going to give it the same amount of coverage. Pokemon kinda handles its own publicity and gets just a short mention at the Expo- probably because it doesn't have as much material to cover or really even need the showcase in the first place- so it's really not a battleground for anyone to worry about. Both games can showcase at the event without any conflicts, because Pokemon traditionally takes a back seat.

Yeah, I was hot on the Sun & Moon news, that's why I referenced that year's E3 in particular- just pointing out that Nintendo's not gonna be afraid of Pokemon competing with Smash at E3 because they're not going to give it the same amount of coverage. Pokemon kinda handles its own publicity and gets just a short mention at the Expo- probably because it doesn't have as much material to cover or really even need the showcase in the first place- so it's really not a battleground for anyone to worry about. Both games can showcase at the event without any conflicts, because Pokemon traditionally takes a back seat.

Exactly and it’s all Nintendo at the end of the day, from a marketing and investing POV, having more confidence in the switch with A class titles is what they wanna see. Having Zelda + Pokémon + other great franchises in one showcase is better than one franchise + a bunch of indie / average games showcased.

Can I ask why a bunch of people were/are so insistent that the game wouldn't be revealed until E3 itself? It's been explained multiple times before why that typically doesn't happen with the main series games, but it appeared to go over people's heads. They usually do get a decent showcase at E3, but initial reveals with titles and release dates typically happen on TPC's own terms.

The "reveal" at last year's E3 didn't even give a title. It was simply an "Oh, by the way we're making this thing for the Switch" and that was it.

Apparently, we can't even be guaranteed anything at E3.

Apparently, we can't even be guaranteed anything at E3.
When Ishihara announced the games he said they would have been released more than a year later. Basically the games could be released on June 14th this year according to that statement. Now, I know this is almost impossible but the idea that they will not even announce the titles or the actual release date after a year is just absurd.

I think regardless of what LeakyPanda(I feel like saying TinklePanda, but y'know) and Aero say, the next two weeks will be interesting anyways; the investor's meeting on the 26th and that Paul Ryan said he couldn't reveal the merchandise of "extreme interest" until after the 26th. If a concrete release date is to be shown in the investor's meeting, then it might make sense for them to announce the titles sometime beforehand.

Ya know I found someone on Twitter who had enhanced the image, and I didn't save it…was kicking myself for a while after I couldn't find it again; but probably the only other thing I could gather from it that isn't already obvious is the Pokémon in the top left corner might be a Ribombee or Cutiefly, but that's not too hard to make out as it is, not that it means anything though.
I thought the consensus was that tan spot was probably a staryu poking out of the water. If it was a cutiefly or ribomee thatd be interesting as all other monsters in the shot are gen 1. Was it clearly a ribombee line pokemon or was it still ambiguous?could we find that image?

I thought the consensus was that tan spot was probably a staryu poking out of the water. If it was a cutiefly or ribomee thatd be interesting as all other monsters in the shot are gen 1. Was it clearly a ribombee line pokemon or was it still ambiguous?could we find that image?
Yeah, and why would a ribombee be in the sea?

I genuinely would have liked Ultra Beasts... if they weren't something that we could catch and keep. =/ It went from "oh new boss battle concept, okay" to "just more pokemon" really fast. And not only do they not look like pokemon, but it was like we were pointlessly keeping them in balls in a dimension they didn't belong in. They're lost, confused, and hostile, and we as good trainers of course just catch them in a fancy ball and keep them, why not- it's not like this dimension is completely alien to them and possibly physically detrimental to their health or anything. If we weren't just treating it as an opportunity to add more things to our collection, and were tasked with catching them to send them back home where they belong- that's a story I could have gotten behind.

The idea of a new kind of creature that wasn't a pokemon to fight seemed really cool! And then they ruined it.
I mean, they're really no different than something like Deoxys or for that matter any person that's new to a foreign place.
Yes they may look strange, but even in real-life we have animals like Atretochoana, Aye-Aye, or the Saiga antelope. Despite their oddity that doesn't mean that these creatures don't have a place in nature or aren't anymore alive than you or I.
Now getting real for just a second, I'm a big Black guy that teaches in Japan and for the first couple years I was afraid of how others saw me and some even made me feel like I didn't belong but as I spent more time with the locals they got use to me and many even became some of my dearest friends.
Overall, being different from the norm isn't a bad thing.

Pokemon's been having a bigger and bigger presence at E3 ever since X/Y hype cycle. I don't think they will wait till june to reveal the games, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot of coverage that month

Pokemon's been having a bigger and bigger presence at E3 ever since X/Y hype cycle. I don't think they will wait till june to reveal the games, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot of coverage that month

I think especially if it is visually impressive, they would be very excited to have a reveal trailer around the time of e3!!

It perhaps might be if the game is being released this year, it could be a trailer before e3 and some gameplay shown at the convention. Otherwise similar to Breath of the Wild they would have the reveal trailer be a centerpiece of e3 for Pokemon!

Otherwise similar to Breath of the Wild they would have the reveal trailer be a centerpiece of e3 for Pokemon!

I doubt GameFreak wants to share spotlight and compete for attention with Smash (which is prominent at E3).
I'm guessing a reveal in late April/early May with a trailer at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom