• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be utter bull. I remember complaining about Pokemon GO only being Generation I and everyone told me down like "Well, it's just a mobile game. The developers can't do everything at once, give them time." That was the only reason I ever heard for them doing that.

Now all of the sudden we're talking about it happening in a mainline game, and it's just utterly ridiculous. And I see people on other forums embracing this and saying that "This is a reboot, they can add Pokemon later in expansion packs", like it's something acceptable to happen in a mainline game. It's NOT. Do people really want non-Gen I Pokemon hidden behind waits and paywalls? There's no excuse for this.
I definitely agree this honestly feels alienating and kick to the nuts to fans of the ENTIRE series not just 1 Gen. Plus this sucks not having your favorites from the other gens to have adventures in a reimagine apparent new Kanto.....but lets see if this is really true.

I’m usually super optimistic and positive about game freak and pokemon

But this games from Rumors sound like a huge ass cash grab with minimal effort for people who don’t even play pokemon no more

Casuals are biggest graphics fans. They will be disappointed. It’s mindbogging how stupid this game sounds
Aren't every pokemon game a technical cash grab? I mean do you know how much work goes into a 3d game? And onto the switch no less? Sorry but no, this game is bound to have effort put into it.

Aren't every pokemon game a technical cash grab? I mean do you know how much work goes into a 3d game? And onto the switch no less? Sorry but no, this game is bound to have effort put into it.
Sure it will but

3ds hd graphics
No Johto or islands
Not a sequal

Just a 1:1 remake of yellow with only 151 pokemon

Good for older people I guess. Thank god I didn’t buy switch yet. No need to buy one for long time until Gen 8

If Game Freak only limit the Pokedex to just Gen 1 Pokemon, then I can say that's another mistake they made with recent games. I know Pokemon BW only had Unova Pokemon before the postgame, but at the time, they were the newest Pokemon added, so it makes sense. Gen 1 Pokemon however, has been around for much longer and thus, it wouldn't feel like a new adventure because we are used to see them getting the better Pokedex treatment.

If Game Freak only limit the Pokedex to just Gen 1 Pokemon, then I can say that's another mistake they made with recent games. I know Pokemon BW only had Unova Pokemon before the postgame, but at the time, they were the newest Pokemon added, so it makes sense. Gen 1 Pokemon however, has been around for much longer and thus, it wouldn't feel like a new adventure because we are used to see them getting the better Pokedex treatment.

Well if it's really a Yellow remake, it already isn't really a new adventure (unless you never played those games). But regardless, I still don't think they'll limit it to just Kanto, even GO itself is up to Hoenn~ Limiting it just because GO is currently limited makes no sense to me. GO attributes =/= GO clone

The people who they are trying to appeal to are the biggest graphics fans. 30 year olds. There gonna laughing seeing this 3ds graphics

I wanna assume the original 151 stuff is fake, but it is the same tripcode as the "real leaks" leak

He could just be messing around, trolling. I hope. I fail to see how a 1:1 yellow remake split into 2 versions featuring exclusively kanto pokemon is "doing our beast to meet fan expectations" for the series first console game

yikes. Hope the announcement is tomorrow-thursday so we can get this over with

The thing about B/W was, as you stated, they were NEW Pokemon. That made the game very refreshing for me. For generations I had latched onto many of the same Pokemon (Gen I Pokemon, with that), and B/W took me out of comfort zone, making me look for new Pokemon. I really liked it.

Also, I fear these rumors don't just speak of pre-Elite 4. Like I fear they'd really go down a DLC route.

Either way, I'm typically fine with a remake having only the original Pokemon present in that generation pre-Elite 4. The problem here is that Generation I has already been remade. I really feel like they need to spice it up a bit. This shouldn't be a straight-up remake.

Im doubtful about the new rumor. A dex of 150 is so small for a modern pokemon game, let alone the first on console. Also i doubt it wouldnt let you get the cross gen evos, since it was allowed in HGSS. Also I think at the very least they would still put the updated dex from gen 2 at least with houndour and murkrow etc.

I seriously doubt they will lock evolutions and pre-evolutions of Kanto Pokes for no reason, specially looking at the cover Pokes having a pre-evolution from gen 2, and evolutions from gen 4 and 6, they would need to lock breeding to postgame or rework it to "not work properly" until you're in postgame... and that makes no sense...
Even if they lock the starters from evolving (assuming that Eevee and Pikachu are the starters), there's a good bunch of Kanto pokes in that same position.

I can see them not having every Pokemon in the game's code though, depending on how complex the game itself ends up being, i just hope they patch the game later to keep compatibility with whatever comes after, unlike the XY and ORAS with their Megas or SUMO and USUM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom