• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Pocket Monsters Best Wishes" - coming this fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Pocket Monsters Best Wish" - coming this fall!

People who think that Iris is going to be African-AmericanJapanese need to realize that Ash's skin is just as dark in that picture.

Actually, she's darker than Ash in that picture.

People who think that Iris is going to be African-AmericanJapanese need to realize that Ash's skin is just as dark in that picture.

but that's just a sketch; it might not be the final product.

You know, her scan could have been accidentally darkened. That's why her hair is also so dark - she could quite easily have medium-coloured hair, but the scan just made everything darker (apart from the white bits, her leggins..) Just a thought!

Anyone who thinks there's even a remote chance this girl is a negro really needs to double-check which country this series is from.

What if they are trolling us and Brock meets up with Ash in the second episode....

What if who are "trolling us"? We're not even supposed to have any of this information in the first place.

Oh.

Best Wishes --> (katakana) Besutouisshu --> Besutou[isshu]

SIGNIFICANT? A PUN THAT FLEW OVER OUR SILLY WESTERNIZED HEADS?

ohaythnx420chan

Anyone who thinks there's even a remote chance this girl is a negro really needs to double-check which country this series is from.

The wonderful country of Japan, where lightly dark-skinned to extremely dark-skinned Japanese people reside in Okinawa, the Ryukyu Islands, and other places that I don't know about? Let's not forget the amount of Brazilians that live in Japan. But yeah, chances are this girl is dark-skinned just to go with the BW theme of yin-yang.

The more I looked at the girl's design, the more I'm disliking it. I would assume they would make the character more humble and easy-on-the-eyes looking for a main cast, someone most of the audience could feel they could relate to. Looks like we'll see about that...

Tf916 said:
What if they are trolling us and Brock meets up with Ash in the second episode....

They might even be trolling us now. That's why I'll wait for solid official confirmations before I will base them as facts for further judgment.

Also, I don't remember, but was Brock on the character model sheet for DP?

If he's not, then we can't really rule out Brock being gone. But if Isshu being way far away translates into the anime, then I would predict likely he will be gone seeing how they really want the show to start fresh.

I'm going to tell you something, and I want everyone else to hear this too. The characters in the anime and games are completely different. May is an original character, the writers just took her design from the games. Her personality, Pokemon, those were the writers' choices. Same with Dawn. Even if White were to be in this series, she'd more than likely be an "original character" aside from her design as well, otherwise she'd be nothing but a silent co-star who does nothing but answer "Yes" or "No" questions.

Creating a new character actually makes people want to watch the series, contrary to popular belief. Why are you upset that the writers decided to be original for once? Pokemon is already predictable as is, and although DP is trying to change that, you want it to become worse with it's main characters? Like I said before, stop gawking about White's appearance, yes she looks awesome but it wouldn't matter if she's just some Mary Stu or something and you're not going to be missing out on much just because she's not there.

Lulz at you people.

Hey. I didn't say that I hate this. I was just wondering, why they don't want to promote games by giving heroine which looks like game protagonist. I will not judge Iris till she shows up.

What if who are "trolling us"? We're not even supposed to have any of this information in the first place.

Actually, if you haven't noticed, Pokemon is evolving with new characters. The writers are adding more diversity. So, Iris possibly will have dark skin, probably as dark as Brocks, and there is nothing wrong with that.

I actually like her design and she would go well with dark skin. i cant picture another fair skinned heroine, especially with that much hair, to fit iris's design.

Also, I don't remember, but was Brock on the character model sheet for DP?
Yep, he was. But the character sheet also included the professor, Dawn's mum, Paul, Ash, Dawn, Brock, Team Rocket and (I think?) one more character. The rival isn't on the sheet, so maybe if Brock is staying, he's just been left off the chart like a few others.

Can someone remind me why Brock even showed up in Hoenn and Sinnoh? Did he travel to Sinnoh with Ash?

Can someone remind me why Brock even showed up in Hoenn and Sinnoh? Did he travel to Sinnoh with Ash?

No he met up with Ash on the road because he was traveling in a truck with some girl. Then he found out she had a boyfriend and decided to go with Ash.

In Hoenn, he was gone for 4 episodes. Ash was being attacked by Tailow, and Brock jumped in and made his forretress explode to get rid of the tailow.

In Sinnoh, Ash was walking on his own along a route, and a large truck came up the road. It beeped and stopped, and Brock jumped out from the truck to greet Ash. The truck was owned by a rather busty woman, and Brock explained to Ash that he had found 'true love', or something. But the girl got a call from her boyfriend, which broke Brock's heart and caused him to travel with Ash.

Brock came to Hoenn just to visit. He didnt intend to meet up with Ash. And he came to Sinnoh because he thought he was gona hit up with that truck driver ( Of course he was rejected) so he magically stumbled upon Ash, again, and journeyed with him.

I personally like the new character's design, even the new pokémon.

I may as well refrain from coming to the forums... I don't want to drown in all this negativity.

And has anyone realized that the new guy is wearing a bowtie + what looks like an elegant suit???

It's easy to see, just look at the lines on the borders of the silhouettes.

http://sunyshore.com/scrap/bwanime1.png

Last edited:

The anime accentuates Zekrom's blue tip and Reshiram's fur.

Reshiram looks so fluffy! I just wanna give it a big hug <3

If the new guy has a bowtie and a tux as his clothes, we can speculate that he will be in contests.

And the girl will be a brawler...

Seems they are going to put a RS special argument in the anime... neat.

The more I looked at the girl's design, the more I'm disliking it. I would assume they would make the character more humble and easy-on-the-eyes looking for a main cast, someone most of the audience could feel they could relate to. Looks like we'll see about that...

What I find strange is this goes completely against the "look" that May, Dawn and the in-game BW heroine have.

If the BW heroine was a main, I think it would have been expected and the usual.

But this girl looks so odd for a main character. I thought for sure an anime-only design would be something similar to May or Dawn, not totally out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom