• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Pocket Monsters Best Wishes" - coming this fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Pocket Monsters Best Wish" - coming this fall!

Bubblewrap said:
Yep, he was. But the character sheet also included the professor, Dawn's mum, Paul, Ash, Dawn, Brock, Team Rocket and (I think?) one more character. The rival isn't on the sheet, so maybe if Brock is staying, he's just been left off the chart like a few others.

At least we know the boy on the right of silhouette is left off, who's bound to have a somewhat of a role.

Reshiram said:
I personally like the new character's design, even the new pokémon.

I may as well refrain from coming to the forums... I don't want to drown in all this negativity.

And has anyone realized that the new guy is wearing a bowtie + what looks like an elegant suit???

It's easy to see, just look at the lines on the borders of the silhouettes.

http://sunyshore.com/scrap/bwanime1.png

I noticed this at first too, maybe a coordinator? The girl's design looks like she's a coordinator too. Girl and boy are coordinator rivals? Maybe we still have contests? or a new coordinating quest?

The girls hair wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the awful way it sticks out on top.

And has anyone realized that the new guy is wearing a bowtie + what looks like an elegant suit???
I saw that & thought it was a girl. :sweatlol:

The girls hair wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the awful way it sticks out on top.

Yeah, the tufts of hair that she has is part of the reason I'm not as drawn to her as someone like May or Dawn. I really hope she turns out alright in the anime.

At least I like the possible rival guy's silhouette. He might be promising.

If the new guy has a bowtie and a tux as his clothes, we can speculate that he will be in contests.

And the girl will be a brawler...

Seems they are going to put a RS special argument in the anime... neat.

Please be this. I don't even care if he is uber gay/uber hardcore rocker, I think it would be awesome if we finally had a male coordinator (traveling with Ash.) :kawaii:

I noticed this at first too, maybe a coordinator? The girl's design looks like she's a coordinator too. Girl and boy are coordinator rivals? Maybe we still have contests? or a new coordinating quest?

that's definitely the last thing we need.

the writers should introduce a new competition just to test things out. i find it so sad that some people are so hooked up on contests. a new competition would obviously revitalize the series.

Agree. Contests are boring. Both in and out of the games and anime.

Let's just get something else.

Seeing a guy do contests on the main cast would get lame very fast. Aside from the fact its three coordinators in a row, we don't need a guy doing them over a, "cute girl."

People would get bored very fast.

The wonderful country of Japan, where lightly dark-skinned to extremely dark-skinned Japanese people reside in Okinawa, the Ryukyu Islands, and other places that I don't know about? Let's not forget the amount of Brazilians that live in Japan. But yeah, chances are this girl is dark-skinned just to go with the BW theme of yin-yang.

Actually, if you haven't noticed, Pokemon is evolving with new characters. The writers are adding more diversity. So, Iris possibly will have dark skin, probably as dark as Brocks, and there is nothing wrong with that.

I actually like her design and she would go well with dark skin. i cant picture another fair skinned heroine, especially with that much hair, to fit iris's design.

For her to be dark-skinned is certainly no impossibility, and was how I saw her as well, but that's unrelated to what I commented on. "Dark-skinned" does not necessarily mean "negro", and people were arguing she'd be the latter, not the former.

Oh gawd. His hair reminds me of Kyle from the wallace cup.

34860562.png

Kyle is back with a fabulous new look!

I just don't think that Iris looks like a traveling type of girl, I mean she looks like she would be one of the descendants of the people of the water in Movie 9.
Or a movie character in any of the movies because her design is more complex than the other girls.

34860562.png

Kyle is back with a fabulous new look!

Kyle wasn't gay! He was just metrosexual dammit!

Kidding aside, I REALLY want to see them in their colored flesh. {Did that sound creepy?} They might not be over designed as others are speculating.

On the issue of the new girl being picked White-chan...

I'm guessing that in the games, Black-kun and White-chan are both "foreigners", and they wanted to have a "local" travelling together with Satoshi.

On the bright side, this might also let them do a spin-off OVA, like they did back in Johto, or something similar.

Aw, we all know who the boy is.
jimmy-olsen-100-panel.jpg

Gliscor'd said:
What I find strange is this goes completely against the "look" that May, Dawn and the in-game BW heroine have.

If the BW heroine was a main, I think it would have been expected and the usual.

But this girl looks so odd for a main character. I thought for sure an anime-only design would be something similar to May or Dawn, not totally out there.

May's design I thought looked quite neutral, generic and a can't-go-wrong design, like Ash.

Dawn's design to me was a little unorthodox, with a short skirt and long hair (which I never expected a main cast to have at that time) but was still quite easy on the eyes.

In-game BW girl looks kinda punky, edgy and tomboyish, but still humble enough as a main cast and to me she actually looks resembles a little of Dawn in terms of color scheme.

Iris to me looks like some hectic COTD. Her clothes looks like she can only cater to do something really narrow & specific. And I can't imagine her hair not blocking 80% of the screen and the rest of the characters when she's on screen.

But maybe younger kids and seems like half of the people here already likes her "totally out there" look. So I guess Iris' design might indeed work.

AuraSoul93 said:
I saw that & thought it was a girl.

Heh heh, could be... though kinda doubt it.

Misty said:
that's definitely the last thing we need.

the writers should introduce a new competition just to test things out. i find it so sad that some people are so hooked up on contests. a new competition would obviously revitalize the series.

I also think contests might be gone. But assuming they want to have battling to cater to boys and coordinating to cater to girls, they can always make a new quest for coordinators which doesn't have to be contests. So it can revatalize with a new quest, yet keep coordinating which I think fair amount of girls (at least in japan) likes.

And speaking of which, is it confirmed the BW games will once again do 8 gym badges > pokemon league? or might they do a new quest for battling?

And I can't imagine her hair not blocking 80% of the screen and the rest of the characters when she's on screen.

The animators are going to have a ball drawing that hot mess of hair for 200 episodes! Haha.

Last edited:

I'm disappointed with the silhouttes so far. Iris' character design looks like a mess and stands out way too much from the cast. She seems more suited for a movie than as a regular. I'm not going to pass judgment now however, since it'll ultimately be how she's written that decides whether I like her or not.

The other guy is a little more intriguing. He looks like a Team Galactic grunt reject, but since he wasn't on the sheet and the only thing we can assume is either he's the 3rd wheel of the group or the rival. Again, not a very impressive design, but I'll have to see him in action before deciding if he's worth my time.

My biggest fear is that the 5th gen anime is going to stray too far from the games. I really enjoyed DP because of how closely they followed the games, and the idea of an original protagonist instead of the girl from the games makes me a bit skeptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom