• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Pocket Monsters Best Wishes" - coming this fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Pocket Monsters Best Wish" - coming this fall!

I know exactly how she'll look like:

ofr5nq.png

33065032.png

Ash is not amused.

So Ash and Team Rocket are the only returning characters. Sounds good to me.

I wonder if Gary will still cameo, he only appeared in 3 measly eps in DP. Dunno if we'll continue to see him either.

^^ That photoshopped pic still looks better than what we've seen from that scan, at least, imo. : )

I dunno, this new girl sure is different. If she has such a wacky appearance, then I'm hoping for a very wacky (read: good) personality.

And like some others have said, I could even see her being a Gym Leader of some sort. The anime has showcased those "other" Gyms that aren't part of the primary eight (either official or unofficial). So that would be cool. She looks more experienced than the other girls, at least. Its just the vibe I'm getting from the photo.

That guy could be her father, and he could even be a Gym Leader himself. Maybe even an official one? He is important enough to be on that sheet.

I doubt she'll be a Gym leader. The last thing we need is Gym leaders tagging along with Ash again.

Misty and Brock were enough. They won't do that again with Gym leader tag-alongs.

As for Iris. If she isn't a game protagonist, why the hell is she even created? Isn't it better bring old character back, or keep current one, than creating someone who has nothing to do with games? (We all know that they love promoting games)

What if they are trolling us and Brock meets up with Ash in the second episode....

What if they are trolling us and Brock meets up with Ash in the second episode....

Pitchforks. I remember back in 2006 people were actually angry/disappointed that Brock came back for DP.

Imagine the reaction now increased 10x. lol.

There' so much hate for the new girl...I like her design. It's different. I'm assuming White will show up at some point in the show though. I'd like it if they did use White, but I'm fine with original characters too. Most people will probably still want White instead of Iris, but haters gonna hate.
Also, If Brock magically appears in the 2nd or 3rd episode, I'll be so angry >_<

Aw guys, give Brock a break! What has he one wrong?
Well.. if he gets a longer send-off than normal, he's probably leaving. If it's short like it usually is... well, he very well may come back.

Perhaps he can get some more pokemon and actually take a role this time. But I doubt it.

As for Iris. If she isn't a game protagonist, why the hell is she even created? Isn't it better bring old character back, or keep current one, than creating someone who has nothing to do with games? (We all know that they love promoting games)

I'm going to tell you something, and I want everyone else to hear this too. The characters in the anime and games are completely different. May is an original character, the writers just took her design from the games. Her personality, Pokemon, those were the writers' choices. Same with Dawn. Even if White were to be in this series, she'd more than likely be an "original character" aside from her design as well, otherwise she'd be nothing but a silent co-star who does nothing but answer "Yes" or "No" questions.

Creating a new character actually makes people want to watch the series, contrary to popular belief. Why are you upset that the writers decided to be original for once? Pokemon is already predictable as is, and although DP is trying to change that, you want it to become worse with it's main characters? Like I said before, stop gawking about White's appearance, yes she looks awesome but it wouldn't matter if she's just some Mary Stu or something and you're not going to be missing out on much just because she's not there.

Lulz at you people.

I swear Brock has got to go. My best wish is for Brock to not be in the next series.

Pitchforks. I remember back in 2006 people were actually angry/disappointed that Brock came back for DP.

Imagine the reaction now increased 10x. lol.

Well if we believe the blogger Brock isn't around in the first three episodes. Though they could pull a Hoenn and bring him back in the fourth or shortely thereafter too, especially if the new guy shown today is the rival. So I'll set it up: dun...dun...DUNNNNNNNN. :uhoh:

Creating a new character actually makes people want to watch the series, contrary to popular belief. Why are you upset that the writers decided to be original for once? Pokemon is already predictable as is, and although DP is trying to change that, you want it to become worse with it's main characters? Like I said before, stop gawking about White's appearance, yes she looks awesome but it wouldn't matter if she's just some Mary Stu or something and you're not going to be missing out on much just because she's not there.

Lulz at you people.
And at the same time, don't automatically assume that they're going open a cornucopia of originality just because the main character looks different. Let's see them try something other than "girl attempts to do contests" before praising them. Better yet, let's wait and see how this girl acts, cause if it's another happy-go-lucky female with cute Pokemon that wants to have many friends who wants to be a top coordinator, then I won't be sold.

Just as she's a blank slate with the potential to be really good, she's also a blank slate with the potential to be really crappy, too. You're right, it isn't smart to lambast a character design without experiencing the personality written for her. But this better not be the same character as May or Dawn with a new face slapped on. Otherwise, what's the point of even coming up with a new character design.

And at the same time, don't automatically assume that they're going open a cornucopia of originality just because the main character looks different. Let's see them try something other than "girl attempts to do contests" before praising them. Better yet, let's wait and see how this girl acts, cause if it's another happy-go-lucky female with cute Pokemon that wants to have many friends who wants to be a top coordinator, then I won't be sold.

Just as she's a blank slate with the potential to be really good, she's also a blank slate with the potential to be really crappy, too. You're right, it isn't smart to lambast a character design without experiencing the personality written for her. But this better not be the same character as May or Dawn with a new face slapped on. Otherwise, what's the point of even coming up with a new character design.

We don't even know if there will be Contests in Isshu. God willing, there won't be.

Yep, we don't know. So in the meantime, I'm going to make fun of Iris's hair some more.

Why did they name her Iris, when that princess with the togekiss was originally named Iris?

Why did they name her Iris, when that princess with the togekiss was originally named Iris?

Because chances are that like other characters on that sheet and previous series sheets, her name is incorrect.

People who think that Iris is going to be African-AmericanJapanese need to realize that Ash's skin is just as dark in that picture.

^ But she does have very bright leggings. That wouldn't really be possible if you had fair skin. Unless her legs are pale and her face is dark.

Not that I care to be honest, I think she'd be awesome either way if she got a bit of a hair-trim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom