• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I just hope James gets a Pokemon before the reach episode 52 in Japan, otherwise in countries where the anime is seperated into approx. 52 episode seasons, we will wind up with an entire season of James not having a Pokemon.

I dont think Iris will be getting an episode that focus on her soon...

I agree. Though at this point, Iris doesn't need a third pokémon. She just needs to do something, anything that isn't standing on the sidelines doing nothing use the ones she got.

After Kibago evolves once and Doryuzuu is under control, I could see her getting a third pokémon, but as of now, she's not doing enough on a regular basis to justify a third pokémon.

He might get a Pokemon soon. Maybe during the whole TR VS TP thing.

I see him either already having captured a pokémon off screen or capturing it after the TP meteorite arc. The arc itself looks action pack and battle heavy, probably won't have a whole lot of time.

I have to ask you all something:

How is a caterpillar Pokemon generic when it can learn 42 moves in comparison to the earlier regions' five moves for Caterpillar type Pokemon?

And yes you all should know what this relates to.

For some reason, I can see Jessie getting a female Frillish and James getting a Foongus because I can see them as being rather threatening. I know people thinks the cactus would be James' but I would like the mushroom to be it, as it is able to use powerful spore attacks or smogs to pose a threat.

Thanks for reading.

How is a caterpillar Pokemon generic?

You answered your own question....

the earlier regions' Caterpillar type Pokemon?

Ash is always gonna capture the bird/fire/grass/water pokémon to make up his team, and we have seen that before, yet the writers usually make a good job at making each of pokémon somewhat different from its predecessors. The sixth spot (and any subsequent spot) should be original, as original as can be.

Caterpillar that's an early capture in a forest and can evolve twice. Been there, thrice, ergo Sewaddle's generic, not to mention redundant as we already have a grass type on the team and detrimental to other pokémon's developpement, as shown by Pidove's exclusion of many episodes where the writers could have showcased its personality.

Something like a sarcophagus, a golem, a superhero, a gothic lolita has never been seen on Ash's team. Zuruggu falls into this category.

The caterpillar isn't generic, but some people hate it just because it took the place of Pidove.

The caterpillar isn't generic, but some people hate it just because it took the place of Pidove.

You're not attacking the argument here, you're attacking the person making the argument, which really makes it impossible to have any sort of discussion. Sewaddle is generic for the reasons I've listed above, to which I've yet to read any convincing counter-arguments.

As to the "hate", I actually quite like the species itself. After the Snivy line, it'd probably my choice for a grass pokémon for Ash. But Ash already has Snivy, so that makes Sewaddle somewhat redundant.

Also, I don't dislike it because I loved Pidove and it took its place. Really, I couldn't care less right now about Pidove because the writers never bothered to give it a personality, screentime and a storyline. The first 5 Unova pokémon Ash caught are all severely underdevelopped. Snivy and Zuruggu have a personality and the makings of a storyline, but are in dire need of screen time. Mijumaru, Pidove and Tepig don't even have the beginning of a storyline set up, and the latter two still need personalities. I want to care about Ash's team and I can't do that if pokémon aren't given personalities and screen time like Pidove.

Had the writers actually bothered to give Ash's pokémon personalities, storylines and screentime before starting to rotate, I probably would have been fine with it, but they didn't. Therefore, introducing a pokémon is now detrimental to the developpement of a pokémon like Pidove, all the while offering no originality, no real personality and no storyline.

Then there's also the fact that Sewaddle had very little personality by the end of its capture episode and was already shown to know how to handle itself in a fight, with nothing really working against it. No obstacles, no adversities, it's really not a compelling and interesting pokémon.

Sure, man. :rolleyes:

On topic: I wonder how many episodes will last until Axew and/or Scraggy start evolving. I'm not looking forward to see a Fraxure, but Scrafty is awesome.

im not a huge fan of all of Ash's catches so early in the season. its just seemed a bit cramped in the front end of it.
oshawott is great for ash because i can see it becoming a time consumer in the series.
i think pidove is nice and will get her time but i think she might suffer the most in character development but i still think she will fully evolve but do it rather unconventionally.
Snivy i think will be a hidden gem as she will be the power in his team until samurott comes along. i think she will evolve slowly but do it at the precisely right time to get him out of a big jam
tepig is the ringer im not so sure what will become of him. he is not that special as the others are or can be and he seems a little lost in the shuffle already. although he might be like cyndaquil and stay little for an extended period of time
scrappy is buizel and corphish to a T which could hurt him overall. his propensity for violence has already stuck him into a catagory that can only be battle bad arsses that dont do much physical growing
sewaddle he will be quick to evolve like most bugs but this can cause a hasty boxing when its all said and done he/she could end up like heracross was in that it can last in the team for awhile but could then left out in the cold till the league championships

Sure, man. :rolleyes:

On topic: I wonder how many episodes will last until Axew and/or Scraggy start evolving. I'm not looking forward to see a Fraxure, but Scrafty is awesome.

I have a feeling that Axew won't evolve. How is it supposed to ride in Iris's hair if it's over 3 feet tall?

It would be funny if Kibago evolves and she doesnt even have a pokeball to store him.

I don't think this will happen.
It would be nice if it evolve and stay out of a pokeball all the time.

Anyone noticed how Ishizumai, Mamepato and Kurumiru are not included in the movie poster?

Could this mean they evolve?

Back
Top Bottom