• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Ranger 3: Tracks of Light {Check First Post For Info}

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

I'm loving the slightly altered art style for the Pokémon - the beasts look awesome like that.

Okay. Time for some speculation.

1. I think that RedEye is like Kincaid. He's probably under the real mastermind. They've revealed him too early to be the real deal.

2. We had girl for Ranger 1, boy for Ranger 2 in the anime. Maybe that's time that BOTH characters of Ranger 3 appeared in anime? Well, not neccessarily happening but I'm sure that at least one of them will appear.

3. I wonder if there will be more old characters reappearing. However, I don't see a place for too many characters in such a barely inhabited region.

The info may have been said before, but-

The Deoxys mission is called Deoxys and the Mysterious Temple, and runs from March 6th 2010 to May 17th 2010. The mission allows you to play with others- therefore, multiplayer. The moves are so for unknown.

Pro.Hasting and Murph will return once again.

You don't get Ukele Pichu at the start of the game.

Quests will return once again.

Screenshot Info will be here in a few hours.

Last edited:
The pokeassist looks difficult to use now, but since the system is similar to Ranger 2, maybe I won't need it, unless this game also has a ranking system. I only used the assists to S rank pokes that I wouldn't get another chance to do so (or they only appear again in the Capture Arena, so they're a lot harder). Judging from the Ranger's status screen, I think we also have the charged capture back as well, so yeah, Ranger 2 mechanics. This feature where you draw some form of sigil and summon a pokemon mystifies me. I didn't fully understand it because my translator didn't make sense. As far as I know, Hastings and Murph are the only recurring characters of this series. It looks fun, and more pokemon join the fray.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to add that multiple pokemon can be used to clear one target now. They really want to make this even easier? And The Go-Rock Quads were also in both of the other games, but they have not been mentioned yet. There would be no real loss, as they did little in Ranger 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
The pokeassist looks difficult to use now,

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to add that multiple pokemon can be used to clear one target now. They really want to make this even easier?

Contradictory, a bit.

Also, since you can use multiple Pokemon in targets now, you can bet there will be a lot of targets that require multiple Pokemon. IE - Target Clear level 6 or 7 instead of 1-3.

I'm pretty excited to hear about combined Target Clears - the fact that only one Pokémon could ever clear an obstacle was one of the things that always really bugged me. And I'm all for harder (but probably more rewarding) Poké Assists, because the old system was basically "no risk, a little reward", which in general doesn't make for good gameplay.

I'm also a little confused about the signs, but the site doesn't say anything about them, so I guess we'll have to wait until we get reports about the demo (which the scans say will at least have the Eevee sign).

Last edited:
That's what I'm thinking, obstacles that require a full party, or even ones that require mixing different field moves together. We had those lava rocks in Ranger 2 that required you to first cool it off with water, then smash it with another pokemon. That is if they want to make it interesting. That may be asking too much of them.

The undersea graphics look awesome. I may actually look forward to doing underwater-based missions/quests now.

I'm also feeling like RedEye is not the Big Baddie, since it would take away all the fun of guessing which thinly-veiled evil person is the boss. (And as much it's definitely not going to happen, I would cry with happiness if Kincaid were in this game.)

And Natsuya, huh? I wonder what the girl's name will be then? His name is based off summer, maybe hers will have a similar theme.

What kind of name is Poke-nappers? When compared with the Team Names and other evil organizations, Poke-nappers sounds... childish. Non-threatening. Bland.

Finally another ranger game ^^ I'm a big fan of ranger games so this'll be fun. My pro's and cons so far:

Pro's:

New Ranger game ^^
Combined field moves. Gives more puzzles :D
Multiplayer mode
Murphs (and hastings) returnings
The return of quests.

cons:
The male character. He looks incredibly lame.
The new poké assist. Unless you can choose between using that one and the old one (in which case this would be a pro), this sucks.
The pokésigns. I don't know exactly what they do, but they seem kind of gamebreakers.

Hopes:
Old assists also being in the game.
The region being nice
The music being as good as always.

I'm also thinking that Red Eye isn't gonna be the big baddie, especially because the scan said "Red Eye seems to be the enemy leader" (my emphasis), using a Japanese form that implies assumption based on what one is seeing.

Well, I'm glad they're continuing the series, that's the most important part.

Those graphics are incredible. Ranger has always had the best graphics. And it does look like there will be a lot more to do in this game. I like the Ranger Sign thing.

The characters...well...I really don't like the way the player characters look. And is that thing seriously supposed to be a Styler? It's, like, a Capture Disk on a watch. That's lame, dude. And was it *really* necessary for them to put Murph in every single game? Ehh. Sorry, I just hate what they've done to him since the first one. He doesn't even say anything funny anymore. And I'm disappointed that we don't have a choice in partner pokemon. I'm not a fan of obnoxiously cute rodents. (Raichu doesn't count. I'd be fine with it if we could evolve it into a Ukulele Raichu, but that's obviously not going to happen.)

I like the Pokemon Napper uniforms, though. Way better than those ridiculous unitards. Or disco outfits. Hopefully they won't keep the name Pokemon Nappers, but they probably will. Red Eye is kinda hot despite apparently getting his hairstyling inspiration from a staraptor.

This is what I'm hoping for: Having other Ranger Leaders instead of ONE BASE in the entire region, and telling us who the other eight Top Rangers are.

Anyway yeah I'm obviously going to play this.

I would kill for the main series to start using Pokemon Ranger's graphics.

Looks like it does have the capture ranking system of Ranger 2 as well. Anyway...battles in the air!? This game instantly wins now. Raikou has jumping power, Entei charges through things, and Suicune runs on water.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom