• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion (READ FIRST POST)

I agree with Flash and Rock Smash being useless, though I consider Cut to be equally useless, and in some sense Strength as well (though you can at least make some puzzles with that...). What I'm bothered with is why some caves are totally dark while some are lit up... Doesn't make much sense to me. As for Cut and Rock Smash, is it that difficult to just ... find a way around it? So you could basically cut drastically on the HM list. Mostly because I really dislike HMs, except perhaps Surf.

And you can't really make a Hoenn without Surf anyways.

Nah, Strength is actually a decent move.

But as far as TMs go, all Tms that aren't TMs in GenV anymore should be available as Tutor Moves. Just cause.

Now that TMs are re-usable and not tradeable, I was quite surprised to see now version exclusive TMs in BW. Maybe RS remakes won't use the same TM list as the Unova pair?

Now that TMs are re-usable and not tradeable, I was quite surprised to see now version exclusive TMs in BW. Maybe RS remakes won't use the same TM list as the Unova pair?

That would surely seem to indicate that the available TMs are easily modified, which would allow an RSEmake to retain its original TMs.

I think that the TM issue would be solved. I don't think that a RSEmake would be in Gen V. Nintendo is moving to the 3DS at a fast clip. (4 sets of games on the same system would be too much.) So I'd assume that it'd be in Gen VI.

I don't think seasons would add much value to the game. (I don't mind the graphical updates, but different events happening at different times didn't add any value for me.)

Snow would be great on Mt. Pyre. (Could something similar be done for Mt. That-Other-Forgettable-Place-Where-Magma/Aqua-Have-A-Plot?) I think it'd be good for Hoenn to have more weather in general, since the whole legendary battle at the end has to do with it. (Speaking of which, when the legendaries emerge, I'd like it if in battle, each turn switched between sun and rain. Just to emphasize the chaos.)

I don't think seasons would add much value to the game. (I don't mind the graphical updates, but different events happening at different times didn't add any value for me.)
The graphics weren't that different anyway.

I already figured RSEmakes would utilize its own TM list.

I think that the TM issue would be solved. I don't think that a RSEmake would be in Gen V. Nintendo is moving to the 3DS at a fast clip. (4 sets of games on the same system would be too much.) So I'd assume that it'd be in Gen VI.

Even if it did move to 3DS, it would still be at GenV.

It should be 3DS and DS. Also, the Sevii Islands should be there, because it's gen 3.

Even if it did move to 3DS, it would still be at GenV.
That's assuming it's release before the Gen VI primary pair. But, this isn't the place for that kind of talk xD

One thing I am wondering though is, if TM01-50 are the RSE TMs, will 51-95 be Gen Vs? Or would there only be 50 again?

Just a thought:
Maybe there will not be a pair of RSEmakes, instead we'll get a single version of RSEmake, paired with a version of a further remake of Red and Blue. Then, after the main plot of both of them (Let's call them FieryFireRed and ReallyBlueishSapphire), you can go to the Sevii Islands, and after you finish the quest there you can go to the other region (Hoenn in FieryFireRed, Kanto in ReallyBlueishSapphire) and to things there too.

Ruby, Emerald and Sapphire were the best pokemon games ever. If they created remakes for these games, I would buy them all.

Yeah, seasons would be good in Hoenn, but it seems like the region is already as diverse as can be without the change in climate. If seasons were to be added, I'd expect some new twist with them.

Well, Hoenn is a tropical reigon (the trees around Littleroot look like palm trees), so we're only getting two, which is technically a new twist.

So, when you buy the game, you suddenly find that instead of 'Fall/Winter/Summer/Spring' it will say 'Wet Season/Dry Season', and it will change seasons every three months, to accomodate 4 switches a year.

In RainSapphire (title pending), for example, Wet Season is the first season you get, and doesn't overlap with Februrary, making it longer than Dry Season, viceversa with SunRuby (title pending). In the Dry Season, water levels dop, tides are less drastic, foliage looks dry, and Route 113's desert becomes larger. In Wet Season, rain is more common, but the envinronment more or less emulates the original RSE.

Another interesting thing is the possibility of making tides (ie; Shoal Cave) a region-wide thing, with the water levels of bodies of water ebb and flow slightly as time passes during the day, controlled by the DS' clock. Seeing the large amount of water and islands in Hoenn, it would be neat to see real life tides, and it would give the setting of the clock at the beginning of the game more function.

I was thinking,maybe not a remake of RS but a new game...which is still in Hoenn but years after. It's much easier and they can keep the TM's from BW.

I was thinking,maybe not a remake of RS but a new game...which is still in Hoenn but years after. It's much easier and they can keep the TM's from BW.

Now that you can't trade TMs, they can still have the TMs from RSE if they so choose.

A true sequel won't happen, ya'll realize that right? A remake yes, but no sequels.

I don't think they'll keep the TMs as they are, because there must a reason for changing them in Black & White; why would they change them back?

The reason for changing it is to allow new moves to be TM's, but the way they're structured allow for different games to have different TM lists

It would make sense if in Unova, a region so far away from the other Pokémon regions that no old Pokémon appear (unless you go across a bridge), the TMs are different than the faraway world.

It seems like they changed the TMs due to many of them being "broken", at least that's the only reason I can think of to change the TMs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom