• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion (READ FIRST POST)

If we don't get our precious TMs back, there better at least be move tutors of them. I.e. a Focus Punch tutor north of Rustboro where the item used to be

As for the pokedex, it won't have that magic 200 number anymore, thanks to Gallade, Froslass, Budew, Chingling and Roserade. I do think they should be included, but Budew and Chingling should not be found in the wild. Especially Chingling. You should still have to walk around Mt. Pyre for hours in order to get Chimecho.

Last edited:

As for the pokedex, it won't have that magic 200 number anymore, thanks to Gallade, Froslass, Budew, Chingling and Roserade. I do think they should be included, but Budew and Chingling should not be found in the wild. Especially Chingling. You should still have to walk around Mt. Pyre for hours in order to get Chimecho.

I don't mind if they make those national-dex only pokemon because all of those pokemon evolve through methods that require objects and as such just throw all the objects in post-E4.

I'm not really picky. If they add an extra 50 or so Pokemon to the Hoenn Dex, it'll only give you more options. My biggest concern is if they do that and you get the National Dex after the Elite 4, where will the other 300-400 Pokemon go?

Not all of them would be added into the wild, but even with that the Safari Zone and new caves and underwater routes can only hold so much. They really need to add a few new routes or at least expand on old ones.

I'm sure GameFreak will do what they thinks right though.

If they do end up doing stuff with the islands off the coast, then a new underwater route might open post E4 and let you find new pokemon there. That could let you get other pokemon. Or do something with the Battle Frontier and have stuff show up there.

They really do need to include the islands off the coast more.

Back when I first got FRLG I thought that the islands in RSE were the Sevii islands. Now I know better but those islands do present an ideal oppurtunity to inlcude non-Hoenn Pokemon and more plot much like the Sevii islands.

How about actually make a far more interesting Team Magma and Aqua plot than in the original Ruby and Sapphire. For instance Team Magma tried to erupt Mt. Chimney a land locked volcano which is stupid. All you do is create a wasteland and do collateral damage to nearby towns. How about in the remakes (at least the Sapphire version) team Magma only seeks to create a controlled minor eruption that would do minimal damage to nearby towns, as a part of an experiment to see if it is possible to artificially erupt a volcano that if successful it can be applied to volcanoes that are surrounded by ocean. However a Team Aqua attack damaged the machine. As a result the experiment became uncontrollable threatening the nearby towns. The player has to help team Magma to shut down the machine before an eruption become unavoidable. In the Ruby version you have to help Team Aqua defend their machine from Team Magma. Team Aqua was trying to calm the volcano down as Mt. Chimney was going to erupt.

Also I like the Magma/Aqua executives especially the minor ones to appear more often and have their own names and personalities. Also some of towns and Gym Leaders tend to support one of the two teams. One case is Watson and Mauville City supporting Team Magma as Team Magma was helping the citizens of Mauvile to create more land around Mauvile city. After the Elite 4 the player can join Team Magma (Sapphire) or Aqua (Ruby) and can do side missions fighting against the opposite Team who are continuing to do mischief even after the Groudon/Kyogre incident and the Leader of the Opposite Team has gone manically insane. In the Sapphire remake you have to save the Mossdeep Space Center from Maxie and the Magmas who were trying to use the rocket fuel to erupt Mt. Chimney. In the Ruby remake Archie and the Aquas were trying to demolish a Hydro-Electric Dam so they can flood the nearby city of Mauvile.

I also think there should be a recurring Team Rocket grunt who acts as a scout for his organisation causing mayhem against everyone throughout the entire game. Late in the game the Grunt sets up a pokemon smuggling ring near the battle frontier. When the player discovers him he bribes you with a starter from either Kanto, Johto, Sinnho or Unova, so you don't report him to the police.

^^Not a bad idea. Team Aqua and Magma really do need to be involved more in the plot, especially earlier on in the game.

Yeah an extend villain team plot in the remakes would be Awsome, that is one of the reason why Leefgreen and Firered were so good as there were things other than just capture pokemon after you defeated the elite four and the champion. That's why I was rather disappointed in HeartGold and Soulsilver as they did not add much of extended Team Rocket Plot. Also the Rockets in HG/SS seam to be sillier and more cartoonish (like Jessie and James for most of the anime) than they were in the original versions.

Heartgold and Soulsilver were fantastic games in my opinion, however the Team Rocket parts lacked a good plot, and the grunts appeared much too goofy. I'm hoping that there are a few more sinister moments or people in this game. Not super malicious or evil, just a bit more serious than the past leaders Archie and Maxie. Maxie looked sinister, but ingame both were absolutely stupid.

Well Archie (Sapphire) and Maxie (Ruby) at first they are serious if a bit extremism however after the Kyogre/Groudon storyline like their Manga counterparts they go homicidally insane. The Volcano Plot would be handled better. For instance in the Sapphire version Team Magma were experimenting with Mt Chimney to create a small controllable eruption that will do minimal damage to the surrounding area. They were testing a method to create a controlled artificial volcano eruption, if it is possible the same method would be able to be used on oceanic volcanoes. However Team Aqua attacked and the machine was damaged, threatening to make the volcano to erupt uncontrollably. You have to help Team Magma beat back the Aqua's and then turn off the machine before the volcano can erupt. In the Ruby remake Team Aqua were trying use their machine to cool down Mt Chimney as it was going to naturally erupt. However the Magma's being anarchists attack and you have to help the Aqua's beat off the Magmas.

I don't mind if they make those national-dex only pokemon because all of those pokemon evolve through methods that require objects and as such just throw all the objects in post-E4.

I definitely did not notice that they all required items... making them national dex only definitely makes sense then! In Johto Yanmega was added because it evolves on its own, but Roselia doesn't! I feel stupid now...

Take the regis back to the cavern that unlocks them and a new door will appear and regigigas will be there.

Well, FireRed and LeafGreen didn't add new evolutions in, and HGSS only added in those that evolved by knowing a level-up move. Out of all the Pokémon in the Hoenn dex that got new evolutions in Gen IV, none of them evolve by that method - they're either location based, or item based, so they can be avoided until you get the National Pokédex. If anything, I'd like for the old Pokémon to be removed (except for the Azumarill and Wynaut lines), although, that'd only make the dex 138. Still, some of them could even be removed to allow Hoenn Pokémon to be more widespread - for example, remove Magnemite, Magneton, Voltorb and Electrode and fill New Mauville with Electrike, Manectric etc. Replacing Abra will allow Ralts to have more focus etc.

A thought just occured.
How are they going to handle Regigigas?

I actually thought they could expand the Team Aqua/Magma plot to include the Regi pokemon. You see them in Lilycove with a group of Wailmer blocking your way out, so let's assume they were training these Wailmer to evolve. Then you see them steal the submarine, which was originally built to search for Relicanth. Relicanth and Wailord are the two pokemon needed to open the Sealed Chamber, so maybe after the Groudon/Kyogre plot, they could reappear trying to capture the Regi pokemon.

The ultimate goal, of course, is to get Regigigas who has control over the world's tectonic plates ("it has the power to move the continents"). Team Aqua would try to divide up the continents to create more coastline, while Team Magma would do the opposite with it.

*shrugs* I thought it was a good idea

The ultimate goal, of course, is to get Regigigas who has control over the world's tectonic plates ("it has the power to move the continents"). Team Aqua would try to divide up the continents to create more coastline, while Team Magma would do the opposite with it.

The only issue I see with that being that if you're going to use the tectonic plates for reference, even if Regigigas were dragging the plates around, the net sea gain/land gain would be zero. So neither teams would accomplish anything by doing that.

^^Team Aqua and Magma are idiots. It's not that much of a stretch of the imagination for them to try and do that, only to fail, be told their mistake, and then look like an idiot. That would actually be quite funny :p

In all seriousness it's quite possible that Regigigas will make an appearance. He's the trio master of the Regi's, and it would make sense to add him in. I don't particularly like using ledgendaries myself, but it would enhance the storyline a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom