• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sunday and Oha Suta Discussion Thread

Re: Pokemon Sunday Discussion Thread

Not to mention that there's potential for methods of interaction between Gen. IV and Gen. V that we don't know about yet. I think it's wholly possible that the Lock Capsule could be related to B/W, and I think it's still way too early to call it junk data. But as far as Zoroark's concerned, it doesn't make sense to me.

And all of you seem to have forgotten the Lock Capsule was a KEY ITEM, and NOT TRANSFERRABLE. Unless you're suggesting B/W itself has a Lock Capsule, which we have no way of knowing if it's there or not. As far as HG/SS is concerned, GIVE IT UP, IT'S JUNK DATA.

I'm pretty sure it is technologically possible, that if B/W were to hook up with HGSS with the Lock Capsule, that something could be unlocked within B/W.

Maybe just hooking up with HGSS, causes it to "transfer" over.

Judging by Serebii's Lock Key page, it seems the Lock Capsule was given some acknowledgement in the English Localized version (giving it a description and name). If it was leftover data why would NOA bother with it?

I wonder if the information that Nintendo of America and all the localization teams get is completely revealed to them. Nondescript data, miscellaneous translations, "junk" data... Do these fellas get the whole picture or just pieces of the puzzle when their Eastern counterparts deem it so? Trusting in some higher authority to come down and flip the Okay! switch might seem a little arrogant. Makes me wonder just how far ahead some of these ideas of GF are conceived.

Getting back to the mystery... Sometimes I can't tell the mock enthusiam over the false enthusiam over the honest enthusiam. How much stock can people put in something like this? How much is it genuine interest? Do some of those folks really give two shits? Often I get the feeling that all the hype comes from the fans, and those that actually give out new information do so begrudgingly.

Last edited:

Guys... remember the Teru Sama?
Remember how it didn't unlock Pikablu after all?
Or Celebi (despite the GS Ball doing such in Japan)?
Or ANYTHING!?

After all these years, you would think the fandom could tell when a ship has sailed :-/

I noticed the Lock Capsule was mentioned above. I've heard of it before, but never looked to see what it was. How is it obtained?

I noticed the Lock Capsule was mentioned above. I've heard of it before, but never looked to see what it was. How is it obtained?

Look it up on the pedia for the image.
As to how it's obtained, besides the fact that it's a wonder card, we have no clue.

Guys... remember the Teru Sama?
Remember how it didn't unlock Pikablu after all?
Or Celebi (despite the GS Ball doing such in Japan)?
Or ANYTHING!?

After all these years, you would think the fandom could tell when a ship has sailed :-/

Gen. IV's not over, and assuming compatibility with Gen. V (ssentially confirmed), I'd say we can't call it junk data until a bit after B/W is released.

\

Except the Lock Capsule is actually fleshed out, not like the teru sama, which if I remember correctly was just there.

Now you might be right, because as far as we know, the Azure Flute will never exist (Well I haven't heard anything on this at all for a long time), but it still had an important event in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, even Oak's Letter, and the Member's card had something in Diamond/Pearl.

So I think it's more likely they had something planned, but they just stopped caring like the Diamond/Pearl Event Pokemon items, and the Azure Flute.

Can carts send Wonder Cards to each other? I never heard of them doing that. Well, the thing that sends events over Wi fi is a cart, it's just not commercially available. It's only given to stores so that they will broadcast the event. I just don't know if you can do that with Wonder Cards, but answer me this: wouldn't it just be easier to have the B/W cart get the Wonder Card from the event in the first place rather than using HG/SS as a middle man? HG/SS can't use it itself, there is nothing associated to the Lock Capsule in the data.

Last edited by a moderator:

Can carts send Wonder Cards to each other? I never heard of them doing that. Well, the thing that sends events over Wi fi is a cart, it's just not commercially available. It's only given to stores so that they will broadcast the event. Are you suggesting this is what they do, or did I misinterpret you entirely.

According to Serebii, you can.

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/mysterygift.shtml

I repeat, then: wouldn't it just be easier to have the B/W cart get the Wonder Card from the event in the first place rather than using HG/SS as a middle man? HG/SS can't use it itself, there is nothing associated to the Lock Capsule in the data. Unless you're suggesting they're going to do a Lock Capsule event now, before B/W releases, and have HG/SS be the only way B/W can get one.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Secret Key could be sent to other cartridges via Mystery Gift's sharing feature. Obviously, this would also work with an item that was designed with the express purpose of being sent to another game.

But Sceptile726 does raise a point: Short of a movie distribution (which can almost surely be ruled out), there is no good reason why the Lock Capsule should be distributed to HGSS first, rather than directly to Black and White at some point. After all, the Secret Key was distributed to Platinum upon its release, and didn't even exist in Diamond and Pearl. However, forcing players to buy HGSS might be a viable justification for the hassle as far as Game Freak and the Pokémon Company are concerned. We might see a Wi-Fi promotion similar to that of the Secret Key, with the identity of the Pokémon within being kept a secret until the release of Black and White.

Whatever the case is, dismissing the Lock Capsule as unused data is rather foolish, as in-game text clarifies that the item was clearly designed for the purposes of being transferred to another game; Game Freak didn't overlook anything. A possible scenario is that the shiny legendary beasts ended up taking the item's spot for the movie distribution, possibly because Zoroark itself replaced the Pokémon associated with the capsule. If that is the case, the Lock Capsule might be reserved for next year's movie promotion, in which case HGSS wouldn't be used at all.

maybe the lock capsule has nothing to do with zorua. maybe it has something to do with the inevitable events that will come with the 5th gen? it could be for an entirely different pokemon/event

maybe the lock capsule has nothing to do with zorua. maybe it has something to do with the inevitable events that will come with the 5th gen? it could be for an entirely different pokemon/event
If it has to do with the first new event Pokémon, then it will be reserved for the next movie, with the most likely explanation being that it had been meant to be featured in this year's movie until it was replaced by Zoroark. But it could also be for a special Pokémon like the five Rotom Formes that would only be event-exclusive in Black and White, but not in subsequent games (the Rotom Formes became normally accessible in HGSS).

If the Lock Capsule had to do with Zoroa or Zoroark, though, I don't see why it wouldn't be distributed as part of the movie promotion. Instead, we have the beasts.

I don't know why but I think that Zoroark's green bandle is very similar to the green spheres of the lock capsule. Maybe the lock capsule is related to the way we can obtain Zoroark (maybe the only way you can evolve Zorua is using the Lock capsule, who knows? Remember coro-coro said that they will reveal something about obtaining Zoroark in the next issue) Most probably I'm wrong but, I can at least try guessing ^^ BTW sorry for my English :embarass:

Last edited:

If it has to do with the first new event Pokémon, then it will be reserved for the next movie, with the most likely explanation being that it had been meant to be featured in this year's movie until it was replaced by Zoroark. But it could also be for a special Pokémon like the five Rotom Formes that would only be event-exclusive in Black and White, but not in subsequent games (the Rotom Formes became normally accessible in HGSS).

If the Lock Capsule had to do with Zoroa or Zoroark, though, I don't see why it wouldn't be distributed as part of the movie promotion. Instead, we have the beasts.

that's what i was thinking, that it was for the first, or a subsequent, event pokemon of the 5th gen. it most likely doesn't have anything to do with the shiny beasts or zorua. like you said, probably even for a rotom-like pokemon, if not rotom itself.

Maybe the beasts are somehow connected with the Lock Capsule.

Uh, hate to sound like an idiot, but what IS all this Lock Capsule business all about?

Uh, hate to sound like an idiot, but what IS all this Lock Capsule business all about?

I just happened to see it mentioned earlier, and I was wondering what is was. It's a key item in HeartGold and SoulSilver that currently has little or no meaning.

I just happened to see it mentioned earlier, and I was wondering what is was. It's a key item in HeartGold and SoulSilver that currently has little or no meaning.

Oh. And it's speculated to have some sort of role or meaning in Black and White, correct?

Back
Top Bottom