• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sunday and Oha Suta Discussion Thread

Re: Pokemon Sunday Discussion Thread

How would one be able to transfer the Lock Capsule as it's a key item and cannot be attached to a Pokemon...

Maybe the beasts are somehow connected with the Lock Capsule.

...nah I'm siding with Unown Lord on this one. He seems to have the best rational reason.

Pikachu coloured pichu?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was released for D/P/Pt just before 12th movie and just a few months before HGSS. Then the shiny beasts could do something similar! and who knows? The shiny beasts could come with rock capsules attached like shiny leaves, then will make a copy of their rock capsules and put it in the bag(just as someting that will allow you to get a nintendo event that you cant get without it!). Then when you transfer one of the shiny beasts to Black and white, it still has the rock capsule, which unlocks somthing!

Pikachu coloured pichu?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was released for D/P/Pt just before 12th movie and just a few months before HGSS. Then the shiny beasts could do something similar!
Actually, it's been confirmed that the beasts will unlock something in Black and White - we just don't know what it is going to be yet.

and who knows? The shiny beasts could come with rock capsules attached like shiny leaves, then will make a copy of their rock capsules and put it in the bag(just as someting that will allow you to get a nintendo event that you cant get without it!). Then when you transfer one of the shiny beasts to Black and white, it still has the rock capsule, which unlocks somthing!
We already know that the beasts will have the Micle, Custap and Rowap Berries attached, although it would be technically possible to have them hold key items that couldn't be re-attached.

It's not the end of the world that the Lock Capsule doesn't have anything to do with Movie 13, which is a safe assumption to make. Depending on the Pokémon Company's greed, there could still be a Wi-Fi distribution for HGSS before Black and White's release. Failing that, it is possible that there was a change in plans and the Lock Capsule will be directly distributed to Black and White, say in next year's movie promotion.

Last edited:

Could someone please explain what all this random Lock Capsule speculation has to do with Pokemon Sunday?

It's not the end of the world that the Lock Capsule doesn't have anything to do with Movie 13, which is a safe assumption to make. Depending on the Pokémon Company's greed, there could still be a Wi-Fi distribution for HGSS before Black and White's release. Failing that, it is possible that there was a change in plans and the Lock Capsule will be directly distributed to Black and White, say in next year's movie promotion.

How is giving away something for FREE greed? If anything, the legendary beasts are greed, as you have to pre-order a ticket to see a movie.

But yeah, I won't count out a future distribution. After all, DP still get events in Japan, and they're four years old.

How is giving away something for FREE greed? If anything, the legendary beasts are greed, as you have to pre-order a ticket to see a movie.
I explained this in a previous post: Outside a movie promotion, using HGSS as a middle point for the Lock Capsule distribution would only serve the purpose of making players buy HGSS if they haven't done so already. The beasts are going to be distributed to DPPt, as well, and are associated with a promotion that will have ended by the time Black and White are released.

I explained this in a previous post: Outside a movie promotion, using HGSS as a middle point for the Lock Capsule distribution would only serve the purpose of making players buy HGSS if they haven't done so already. The beasts are going to be distributed to DPPt, as well, and are associated with a promotion that will have ended by the time Black and White are released.

That's a good point, though I think it would be a really small effect. Most people who care about events have probably gotten HGSS already.

That's a good point, though I think it would be a really small effect. Most people who care about events have probably gotten HGSS already.
Not exactly, in Japan almost all of the events are for all the Generation 4 games.

Only game specific events are excluded.

Sunday's Pokemon will forward the plot of the film in some way; I just read the comic; it's a Forme (most likely for Celebi) or an Ally (again for Celebi).

A new novelty creature would be new, but would serve no purpose; it's new for a week or two and then we get over it.

Besides, the next patch of Monsters will be released before the end of the year, you all really want to see a common monster?

If it is not a Celebi Forme, I hope it's Pokemon akin to Zoroark- a "semi" rare Pokemon with unique abilities.
Maybe Fighting/ Flying?

Celebi is supposed to either save itself or be saved from being used to bring out a time ripple; it is currently at a disadvantage against the Bug-type Pokémon and Zoroark. There's your reason for why it would need to change its form, unless it turned out to be a damsel in distress, which would be cheap.

Bug Pokemon?
I seem to have missed that in the story, or are you referring to the Ninjask?

Celebi is supposed to either save itself or be saved from being used to bring out a time ripple; it is currently at a disadvantage against the Bug-type Pokémon and Zoroark. There's your reason for why it would need to change its form, unless it turned out to be a damsel in distress, which would be cheap.

Well ype disadvantages didn't always seem to work in anime/movies. One thing is "Thunder Armor" on Swellow in Advanced Gen. Surfing Rhydon in another episode, suppose the list could go on, but if the pokemon is strong enough (or has ebough will power) even if its at a weak advantage type wize, it can still beat its foe. I know games there is less chance of that happening though, but this isn't about celebi in the games though.

If it is not a Celebi Forme, I hope it's Pokemon akin to Zoroark- a "semi" rare Pokemon with unique abilities.
Maybe Fighting/ Flying?

I'd like that too, thats the typing I think Starraptor should have been. Maybe an uncommon pokemon, such as how munchlax was revealed early and is uncommon in games as there are few Snorlax/Munchlax in Gen IV games

Bug Pokemon?
I seem to have missed that in the story, or are you referring to the Ninjask?

there is a new wallpaper with several ninjask and a scizor surrounding celebi

Not exactly, in Japan almost all of the events are for all the Generation 4 games.

Only game specific events are excluded.

I know that, my point was more that the games have sold a massive amount of copies, and it seems to me like there would be heavy overlap between fans who haven't bought/aren't going to buy HGSS and fans who don't care about special events - the really casual player of the series, in other words.

I'd like that too, thats the typing I think Starraptor should have been. Maybe an uncommon pokemon, such as how munchlax was revealed early and is uncommon in games as there are few Snorlax/Munchlax in Gen IV games
That's not what d.aisuke meant by a counterpart to Zoroark; he was thinking of a Pokémon that would be able to face Zoroark in the movie. Right now, Celebi is being portrayed as vulnerable to the Dark, Ghost and Bug-type Pokémon used by the villain. Now, we know that the real beasts are going to appear and help save the day, but is Celebi going to be a damsel in distress incapable of holding its own? Hopefully not.

I'm gonna say it'll be the legendary box mascots since we already got a touph mascot like lucario and a cute pokemon like zorua.

I think we might be in to deep to have more pokemon revealed for movie 13.

I think we might be in to deep to have more pokemon revealed for movie 13.
The only problem is the lack of movie merchandise hints. Munchlax was revealed in May 2004 and still managed to have its movie debut two months later; the unveiling of Sky Forme Shaymin preceded the movie premiere by a mere month.

I haven't seen much speculation in this regard, but what if it's possibly the legendary Pokemon set to appear in the anime soon?

Kind of surprised though that, so far besides a few possible hints (Scizor on that poster a placeholder? Tangrowth randomly appearing? The mysterious black bat-wings on Kurt's hat?), it doesn't appear as if there will be any just plain ol' Gen-V Pokemon appearing in the movie. Kind of disappointing as those are the Pokemon I tend to use more once the games actually come out.

I haven't seen much speculation in this regard, but what if it's possibly the legendary Pokemon set to appear in the anime soon?

Ins't that usually reserved to the movie after the games come out? (Manaphy the exception though) The first movie to reveal Gen IV pokemon had Lucario as the main character and had Gen III legendaries. This one looks similar, has Zorork and Gen II legenaries

That's not what d.aisuke meant by a counterpart to Zoroark; he was thinking of a Pokémon that would be able to face Zoroark in the movie. Right now, Celebi is being portrayed as vulnerable to the Dark, Ghost and Bug-type Pokémon used by the villain. Now, we know that the real beasts are going to appear and help save the day, but is Celebi going to be a damsel in distress incapable of holding its own? Hopefully not.

Link doesn't work. Well I didn't know thats what d.aisuke meant. Well, the main celebi in Pokemon 4 ever wasn't strong then either, it ended up being saved by another celebi after it almost died, but hopefully it won't be similar this time.

Yeah, it would make sense to have this pokemon in the new movie. There's still time for merchandising.

Ins't that usually reserved to the movie after the games come out? (Manaphy the exception though) The first movie to reveal Gen IV pokemon had Lucario as the main character and had Gen III legendaries. This one looks similar, has Zorork and Gen II legenaries

Well 4th gen primarily focused only on Event Pokemon, and the main box art legendaries (Dialga/Palkia/Giratina). However there were a few legendary Pokemon that didn't get much focus in the movies (Cresselia being one of them).

So possibly if they wanted, one random non important legendary (that doesn't need to be made into a movie, or even a decent arc in the anime), they could very well have a new Legendary be the legendary Pokemon in the anime.

Back
Top Bottom