• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon that you wish had different evolutions

> chinchou
170MS.png

chinchou looks gr8, definitely one of my favorite prevos. Then you have generically cute lanturn. Anglerfish should not be generic cutemon. The whole point of angerfish is to be this creepy fish thing. Chinchou is creepy (maybe eerie is a better word), while also being cute at the same time. Fuck lanturn.

What? I love Lanturn to death for its cuteness. And its obvious utility against fellow Water types. (DIE ALL YOU TENTACOOLS, DIE!)

For some reason I always thought Remoraid deserved a branching evolutionary line, with Octillery on one side and something else on the other. I don't know why.

> chinchou
170MS.png

chinchou looks gr8, definitely one of my favorite prevos. Then you have generically cute lanturn. Anglerfish should not be generic cutemon. The whole point of angerfish is to be this creepy fish thing. Chinchou is creepy (maybe eerie is a better word), while also being cute at the same time. Fuck lanturn.

What? I love Lanturn to death for its cuteness. And its obvious utility against fellow Water types. (DIE ALL YOU TENTACOOLS, DIE!)
I used to like it

one of my least favorite pokemon now probably

> arnorith
347MS.png

I somewhat like arnorith's design, but when it evolves it just becomes kinda dumb. Like with magnezone, armaldo isn't nearly as bad as the trash that is goodra and lanturn, but I still don't care for it at all, and would have rather had a cooler ancient shrimpmon.
I really like Anorith, but Armaldo is just mediocre, especially disappointing considering how cool Anomalocaris is. Armaldo should have been just Anorith except with a bigger and more badass design rather than being bipedal and part stegosaur for no reason.

The only Pokemon I wish had a different evolution is Dragonair. I love how elegant and charming it looks, then it evolves into Dragonite...? I'm not saying wipe the floor with Dragonite and toss it in the garbage, but I wish Dragonair had a different evolution that looked more like it, perhaps.

The only Pokemon I wish had a different evolution is Dragonair. I love how elegant and charming it looks, then it evolves into Dragonite...? I'm not saying wipe the floor with Dragonite and toss it in the garbage, but I wish Dragonair had a different evolution that looked more like it, perhaps.

Fake_Pokemon__Dragonair_Evo_by_leedom111.png

I'd name it "Dragangel".

Aside from the obvious (Goomy and Surskit) I'd always though Liepard should've been more fierce and powerful, because it has the looks (and stats) of an NFE.

Agreed. Dragonite doesn't even look remotely related to Dratini and Dragonair. I like Dragonite on its own, but Dragonair should've had a very different evolution, more similar to the picture @Bittersweet; posted

I'd like to see Seadra get a Water/Poison split evolution that capitalizes on the poisonous spikes that Kingdra loses, and for Litleo to get a Fire/Poison split evolution based on the manticore.

I wish Monferno went somewhere different.
Then Emboar being Fire/Fighting wouldn't be so bad!
(^ Completely ignoring the fact I can just change Tepigs path)

There aren't really any evolutions I would get rid of or change, other than a few exceptions, mostly minor tweaks since there are very few Pokemon I dislike:

Evolutions that I would slightly change, but otherwise would keep mostly the same:
  • Weavile - I like Sneasel and Weavile, though I think they could have made Weavile look a bit better than just Sneasel with a Native American head-dress.
  • Braixen - While I definitely don't hate the Fennekin family (It's probably my favorite fire starter), I do feel Braixen would have been better as a quadruped species and not have to wait until it evolves again to become Fire/Psychic. Delphox is fine the way it is, though Braixen is one of the few Pokemon that I would prefer quadruped instead of biped.

Evolutions that I would completely change or remove:
  • Lickilicky - Terrible name, and terrible design, it just looks lazy and unnecessary, you just take Lickitung and give it a bib with a Wi-Fi symbol on it.
  • Tangrowth - It's just a bigger Tangela, that's it, you can barely even tell the difference between it and it's pre-evo. I know Gen 1 evolutions were pretty bad at just being bigger versions of their previous forms, but this was in Gen 4.
  • Probopass - As you can tell, I feel a lot of the Gen 4 evolutions were pointless. Some are great like Electivire, Gallade, and the seemingly universally loved Weavile, though others were just pointless like the above Lickilicky and Tangrowth, as well as this, which is just Nosepass with a funny hat and a Groucho Marx face.
  • Diggersby - Is it just me or do they always seem to have to make the regional rodent look ugly and/or unappealing? I'm fine with Watchog and Bibarel, but I really don't like Diggersby, especially given it feels like the ugly counterpart to the visually appealing Lopunny.

Alternate evolutions that could be added:
  • Male equivalent to Vespiquen - I just feel as if it's unfair for only the females to evolve.
  • Steel or Dragon type Eeveelution - In Gen 2, two new types were introduced in the form of Dark and Steel, and Eevee gained a dark type evolution in the form of Umbreon, but there never was a Steel Eeveelution in the same generation, with Game Freak instead opting for the Psychic type Espeon, and I just feel a metallic Eeveelution (especially a robotic one) would be really cool. Same goes for a Dragon Eeveelution, especially in Gen 6 in which it could balance out Sylveon, the one Eeveelution that can be quite OP at times.

Dragonair. I just hate that it evolves into a big orange dragon...doesn't make much sense to me. I don't mind Dragonite, though. I just wish Dragonair had an alternate evolution that was more consistent with its design.

I'm a huge Dragonite fan but I agree here. I have a feeling that a Dragonite Mega is an inevitability and perhaps the Mega design will be something more along the Dratini/Dragonair theme. Of course, perhaps not! But you never know with Megas... I mean... ...Charizard X.

Ever since I started getting into Pokemon SOOOOO many moons ago I loved Psyduck. Although I haven't watched the anime in a long, long time... I always enjoyed the little bits with Misty's Psyduck and I thought the idea of this useless looking thing harbouring some sort of mysterious psychic power was awesome.

When I started playing Pokemon Blue, I still hadn't seen Psyducks evolution...

Then IT appeared. It was such a diversion from Psyduck. I mean, I get it... Golduck is supposed to look so much stronger and more capable than Psyduck and the design succeeds in that. But to me it's ugly and too much of a departure from what made me really like Psyduck. I won't even go into the fact that GF didn't make it part psychic type or the fact that the name makes no sense.

Ugh.

Just briefly going back to Megas -

Mega Mewtwo Y. What? Please leave.

The fact that Mewtwo even has a Mega at all just makes every canonical bone in my body scream.

I wish they would make a new evolution for male ralts when they evolve and remove the ability to even have male Gardevoir. Ralts can be either male or female, it doesn't look like any specific gender, but come on, Kirlia is obviously a female form. Give us a male evolution that is lanky and looks like it is using a rapier or something and leans toward melee combat. Seriously Kirlia IS a special attacker, for it to take a sudden 180 and go into a physical attacker when it evolves into Gallade is....I don't know, it just irks.

Probopass: I really.. reaallllly don't like this thing. I am not a big fan of Nosepass either but Probopass is just waaaay too hideous to me. >_>

Slurpuff: Swirlix had a cute, unique design, and I would have preferred its evolved form to look more like a much bigger and more detailed cotton candy monster. Slurpuff just looks weird to me. :/

Cherrim Overcast: I adore sunshine Cherrim! It's one of my favorites! However, Cherrim in overcast form could have been more interesting. You can't see any of its face in sprite form, and when its face is revealed in the anime it actually looks worse..

Ralts can be either male or female, it doesn't look like any specific gender, but come on, Kirlia is obviously a female form.
I feel the same way about Braixen (though I would rather just give it a few tweaks than change it outright).

Gen IV broke my heart with rhyperior, lickilicky, and tangrowth :\

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom