• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Video Games General Chat Thread

Question to stir up discussion!
1. What is your favorite 2D non-Pokemon game?
2. What is your favorite 3D non-Pokemon game?

For me:
1. Sonic 3 & Knuckles
2. Mass Effect 2

Last edited:
1. N/A. I rarely play too many 2D games outside Mario games, and I don't bother ranking anything from such a small selection.
2. Either Burnout 3 or KOTOR (I/II, doesn't matter which). KOTOR are better games as a whole, but Burnout is so much fun, and delivers a form of entertainment that few other games do.

I don't really need the non-pokémon addition though, I wonder if any pokémon games would hit top ten for gaming experiences anyways. Possibly Gold (or Platinum) if any. They're not bad, but one pokémon game isn't something that grabs my attention, it's more like the series as a whole.

2. Mass Effect 2

It would be higher if it only had ME3 weapon selection. That said, it's my favorite in the series though, and it's not a bad choice.

1) Mega Man Classic. Definitely. But, you all probably knew I would say that.
2) Changes from time to time. Right now, I'm liking Paper Mario:TYD, mostly because I'm trying to finish the Pit of 100 Trials, but I'd probably say Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded, or 1 any other day.

1) The Mega Man games, especially the X ones.
2) I don't know, honestly. Maybe Super Mario 3D Land?

1. definately megaman
2. the one that auto on a 3ds where you have to shoot faces xD

1. Anyone remember Mini-putt for the computer? Or really any of those old Windows 98 games that I can't remember the names of. Or Haunted Mansion
2. SKYRIM

what my gaming experience is limited to Pokemon and Skyrim okay.

*goes to play Skyward Sword*
*sees message about TSG marathon*
Forget SS, I'm watching TSG!!!

Random message is random. ^^" I just found out about the marathon - my life is complete! lol

1) Super Paper Mario
2)LoZ:Skyward Sword

I want the Angry Video Game Nerd to do Pokémon Puzzle League, Pokémon Trading Card Game...and maybe Pokémon Pinball...

Or just a show themed around Game Show Video Games...

OR have him do Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine...now there's a shitty game!

Who's with me on request mobbing/flooding him for any of these? PM me if you want to.

I want the Angry Video Game Nerd to do Pokémon Puzzle League, Pokémon Trading Card Game...and maybe Pokémon Pinball...

Or just a show themed around Game Show Video Games...

OR have him do Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine...now there's a shitty game!

Who's with me on request mobbing/flooding him for any of these? PM me if you want to.

What? Puzzle games aren't everyone's cup of tea, sure, but MBM is far from bad. Unless you just hate the fact that they slapped Sonic on Puyo Puyo to make it sell more.

THIS is a shitty game.

I did mention other ideas...

And that is not a game, that is a farcical political protest...

So he won't review that due to it's premise, and James Rolfe's stance on fake games...but that is one heck of a protest...IS THE PLAYER CHARACTER THE AVGN?

I did mention other ideas...

And that is not a game, that is a farcical political protest...

So he won't review that due to it's premise, and James Rolfe's stance on fake games...but that is one heck of a protest...IS THE PLAYER CHARACTER THE AVGN?

But it is a game. It was released on the super famicom (albeit illegally) in 1997. The player character is Chin, a killer machine.

It isn't a game made by a recognized company:It's a fanhack.

Not reviewable for reasons said above, and because it's a fanhack.

It isn't a game made by a recognized company:It's a fanhack.

Not reviewable for reasons said above, and because it's a fanhack.

Just because it isn't made by a "recognized company" doesn't mean it's a fanhack. A fanhack would be something like Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes, a rom hack of an already existing game made by fans.
I'm not even throwing out potential ideas for the AVGN to review. I'm giving you an example of a shitty game, so it doesn't even matter.

It IS a shitty game, but it isn't a game game.

As in it has no credentials, no official backing, and isn't intended to entertain anybody who'd buy it.

It is a politically-minded farcical version of an old arcade game hacked in the midst of a 1997 political controversy.

It IS a shitty game, but it isn't a game game.

As in it has no credentials, no official backing, and isn't intended to entertain anybody who'd buy it.

It is a politically-minded farcical version of an old arcade game hacked in the midst of a 1997 political controversy.

Pretty much, though I daresay the game's entertainment factor comes from the ridiculous premise and weird dialogue

1. Yoshi's Island for the SNES. Definitely. I've played through that game numerous times and I still love it. :D

2. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. The ending and support system were crap, but the rest of the game was so epic that I couldn't put this game down for ages.

I did all you have to do is pretty much play against every trainer and use an internet guide to find the event only pokemon and anyone in this forum post any threads about shiny pokemon tournements or anything cuase if htere is im up for it

Back
Top Bottom