• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Do hacks work in PokeBank?

Only way you can know is if you try to transfer them over

Re: Do hacks work in PokeBank?

So if they aren't made "correctly" should I wipe the file and start over? It has the Gen III legends too and it'd ROCK to be able to get those transferred before the remakes. Hard to tell what's legit or not. :-( I assume lv. 4 Darkri etc. FAKE but lv. 50 Mespirit Trio things looks legit and lv. 50 Mew sounds authentic. I'll rush through Black and see what I can transfer from Gen IV-Gen V. Hope it's a lot from Platinum since they have a TON of the legends and even EVENT Pokemon!

Honestly, just try to transfer them all. Transporter will ignore badly hacked mons... (and that one random Abra I caught in pearl, but hey.)
You will get a notification saying not all could be transferred but they will still be in your Gen V game otherwise.
With that Abra I had a Darkrai I had traded a Pokerus Charmander for in White. Apparently it was hacked because transfer refuses to accept it. :p

Uh guess this is a simple question I have no idea if it's the wrong board SORRY YET AGAIN! :-(

First off what I'm doing is the "Gotta Catch Them All" theme outside of EVENTS between Platinum/SS/Black/X I should be able to get ALOT of them (down to about 150 left) out of the total 718. I wanted to finish my X transfer over the summer and do a Pokemon Box transfer to the Ruby/Sapphire remakes. I have #1 ISSUE THOUGH!

Leveling/breeding!

X (the restaurant) breeding 5 min. Lumiose city tower thingy
Black (leveling Audino 5,000+ EXP) (Never tried breeding not sure if it's easier
SS (1,000 exp GRIND FEST!
SO! how was the original Hoenn games on breeding/leveling AKA WERE they fast?

IF NO! Than I'll just catch what I can in the remakes and transfer back up to X (SO if I needed to level for an Evo or breed easy peasy!) NO GRIND!

Also I'm transferring over to Black then X with Platinum then restarting it #1 question Any UBER leveling spots 5,000+ Audino? (type Pokemon?) I know Audino is 5th Gen don't worry just didn't want a Mt. Silver 1,000 exp GRIND FEST! ARGGGG!

Thank You Sorry if this is YET AGAIN the wrong board! I just think of a question and ask it. Sorry.

Pokemon X/Y team suggestions?

i've just got pokemon X and i need some suggestions for my team. i'm gonna pick Chespin for my Kalos starter and Squirtle for my Kanto starter. what other pokemon do you guys think i should use?

I need a little advice on my Yellow team.

Currently I have:
Pikachu (33)
Wartortle (32)
Charmeleon (33)
Ivysaur (31)
Hypno (35)
Snorlax (30)

I went back to the Diglett Cave and I caught myself a level 31 Dugtrio, and I'm debating on whether or not I should swap someone from my team out for Dugtrio.

Right now I'm just trying to train to battle Sabrina. I haven't really decided on a final team yet but these are the guys I'm training now.

Pokemon Nature/characteristic clash

I feel the best way to ask this question is with an example: If the nature of the pokemon is +atk and -def, and the characteristic is +def, would the characteristic cancel out the negative nature?

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I finished the national dex and I had set up some goals for myself because I really want to keep on playing.
So the 3 things that I am doing are A. breed/hunt/trade to complete a shiny dex - very long term! The shiny charm is really working very well and
B. for right now, I'm trying to get one of every nature & ability and form for every Eeveelution.

I was *very surprised to realize that not only did I have no idea what Eevee's HA is but when I looked it up I realized I don't think I've EVER seen an Eevee with Anticipation! I pretty much have been going out & just catching every single Eevee in Kalos. So can I take a Pokemon that has anticipation & is in the same egg group, breed that with an Eevee, and then....? Well its hard to explain. If anyone can explain it to me step by step I'd appreciate it.
So whats the best way to get an Eevee with its hidden ability?? And then once you have that - I assume it'll automatically alter that ability when you evolve into one of the Eeveelutions? This is why its going to take me so long - I *gotta* have one for each possible evolution.

C. and the other thing I've been doing is going an old game & catching all of the Unown - one complete set for myself & then another for trading. My plans for that are really stilted though now that I've discovered they aren't breedable. (totally forgot!)

I feel the best way to ask this question is with an example: If the nature of the pokemon is +atk and -def, and the characteristic is +def, would the characteristic cancel out the negative nature?
Characteristics have nothing to do with Natures, they just indicate what the highest IV of a Pokémon is.

Here's some links explaining how both natures and characteristics work:
Nature
Characteristics

It's a long read, I know, but it will greatly increase your understanding of the game mechanics. Especially the characteristics page is quite educational :p
I finished the national dex and I had set up some goals for myself because I really want to keep on playing.
So the 3 things that I am doing are A. breed/hunt/trade to complete a shiny dex - very long term! The shiny charm is really working very well and
B. for right now, I'm trying to get one of every nature & ability and form for every Eeveelution.

I was *very surprised to realize that not only did I have no idea what Eevee's HA is but when I looked it up I realized I don't think I've EVER seen an Eevee with Anticipation! I pretty much have been going out & just catching every single Eevee in Kalos. So can I take a Pokemon that has anticipation & is in the same egg group, breed that with an Eevee, and then....? Well its hard to explain. If anyone can explain it to me step by step I'd appreciate it.
So whats the best way to get an Eevee with its hidden ability?? And then once you have that - I assume it'll automatically alter that ability when you evolve into one of the Eeveelutions? This is why its going to take me so long - I *gotta* have one for each possible evolution.

C. and the other thing I've been doing is going an old game & catching all of the Unown - one complete set for myself & then another for trading. My plans for that are really stilted though now that I've discovered they aren't breedable. (totally forgot!)
You, too, don't fully understand one of the game's mechanics
Nothing to worry about though, I only learned these things half a year ago when I looked them up on Bulbagarden myself :)

Anyway, this link will explain the ability inheritance thing: Breeding - Inheriting Abilities

Hope this helps!
I could breed you a female HA Eevee btw, then you can use that to achieve your second goal ^^

Are there easier ways to get evolution items that aren't stones or maison items like the metal coat besides using thief with compoundeyes?

Did I miss something? Didn't they announce Diancie a few months ago? where is it? Did I miss it ?

Did I miss something? Didn't they announce Diancie a few months ago? where is it? Did I miss it ?
All event Pokémon are distributed alongside their Movie's air date. All movies come out at around July. That's Japan though. It's unknown how it will be distributed elsewhere.

Re: Flame Body not working for me

Yah, looked at the breeding page in Bulbapedia and saw that, thanks though. And I'm kinda stupid for not knowing I had to use stones XD, I never used those monkeys and only wanted to evolve them for my pokedex. Thanks.

Greninja question.

I want to add a Greninja to my team and I saw the shiny sprite, so I wanna go for it, but I want Protean which is a hidden ability, is there a way I can get a Greninja that ability sure fire so all I have to worry about is Shiny, or will I have to get a Greninja with the hidden ability and try to breed it into a Froakie and get a shiny one? Thanks.

Re: Greninja question.

You'll have to get a member of the line with Protean as its ability and breed it to try to get a shiny Froakie with Protean. Might take a while, lol.

Are there easier ways to get evolution items that aren't stones or maison items like the metal coat besides using thief with compoundeyes?

The easiest way to get these items that I know of is the Compoundeyes+Thief/Covet method that you mentioned

It's even more effective when using a high level Pokémon so you can OHKO those Magneton, Hariyama, Relicanth, etc :)

It's very effective in my experience, I'm not in need of a quicker method but that could be different for you ofc

Uh guess this is a simple question I have no idea if it's the wrong board SORRY YET AGAIN! :-(

First off what I'm doing is the "Gotta Catch Them All" theme outside of EVENTS between Platinum/SS/Black/X I should be able to get ALOT of them (down to about 150 left) out of the total 718. I wanted to finish my X transfer over the summer and do a Pokemon Box transfer to the Ruby/Sapphire remakes. I have #1 ISSUE THOUGH!

Leveling/breeding!

X (the restaurant) breeding 5 min. Lumiose city tower thingy
Black (leveling Audino 5,000+ EXP) (Never tried breeding not sure if it's easier
SS (1,000 exp GRIND FEST!
SO! how was the original Hoenn games on breeding/leveling AKA WERE they fast?

IF NO! Than I'll just catch what I can in the remakes and transfer back up to X (SO if I needed to level for an Evo or breed easy peasy!) NO GRIND!

Also I'm transferring over to Black then X with Platinum then restarting it #1 question Any UBER leveling spots 5,000+ Audino? (type Pokemon?) I know Audino is 5th Gen don't worry just didn't want a Mt. Silver 1,000 exp GRIND FEST! ARGGGG!

Thank You Sorry if this is YET AGAIN the wrong board! I just think of a question and ask it. Sorry.

Breeding tends to be about the same, regardless of generation. They've made improvements each generation on making it easier to obtain the Pokémon with moves, abilities, and stats you want, but the basic mechanics are the same. That being said, if they do include another spot like Centrico Plaza where you can literally press one direction and keep going around something, I imagine Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will have a decently easy time breeding.

As for leveling, I remember in the original RS that the only reliable method to level your team decently quickly was through the E4, since all other rematches were randomly generated. With that said, there's a good possibility that the remakes will have an improved system for more reliable leveling (since FR/LG had the Vs. Seeker, and HG/SS had the Fighting Dojo with Gym Leader Rematches).

I need a little advice on my Yellow team.

Currently I have:
Pikachu (33)
Wartortle (32)
Charmeleon (33)
Ivysaur (31)
Hypno (35)
Snorlax (30)

I went back to the Diglett Cave and I caught myself a level 31 Dugtrio, and I'm debating on whether or not I should swap someone from my team out for Dugtrio.

Right now I'm just trying to train to battle Sabrina. I haven't really decided on a final team yet but these are the guys I'm training now.

Honestly, Dugtrio is quite a good Pokémon, but so are the Pokémon on your team as it is. Dugtrio's fairly speedy, which is especially useful in Gen. I, but if all you need it for is some good Ground-type move coverage, you could always just teach Earthquake to Snorlax.

If there something the matter with my game? Whenever I battle against Inver at the Inverse House, and win, he only ever gives me Sitrus berries. The Bulbapedia page says he's supposed to be giving me random items, but every time I do battle, I keep getting Sitrus berries. I can't get things like other evolution stones because of this guy.

If there something the matter with my game? Whenever I battle against Inver at the Inverse House, and win, he only ever gives me Sitrus berries. The Bulbapedia page says he's supposed to be giving me random items, but every time I do battle, I keep getting Sitrus berries. I can't get things like other evolution stones because of this guy.

It seems that your reward is determined by how many super effective hits you land on him. You can read the top poster's answer here for more info.

pokemon xy - What determines Psychic Inver's reward? - Arqade

..... You're kidding.

-Sigh- Well thank you. That at least explains it.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom