• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I would think so. The reason I asked though is because shininess is retained when the Pokemon follows you so I thought it might be shiny if you see it before you battle it.

When are the values (IV, Nature, Shininess) for the SS Lugia set? Is it when the Kimono Girls summon it, or when you start the battle?

When are the values (IV, Nature, Shininess) for the SS Lugia set? Is it when the Kimono Girls summon it, or when you start the battle?

the values are set when you initiate battle.

I have the same question as Rellik, but with Ho-Oh and the Extremespeed Dratini.

The lowest available level for any breedable Pokemon is 1.

Thank you, but I do know that much. While the L1 egg stats are of some use to me, by "available" I usually mean "caught", "given", or "traded". You *can* sometimes discover that your new acquistion has near-perfect or better IVs in certain stats at surprisingly low levels, after all(Gen 4's characteristics is a major boon in this regard).

Baton Pass can pass Lock-On as well as Mind Reader.
Lock-On and Mind Reader will make OHKO moves always hit.
Smeargle can Sketch Lock-On and Baton Pass.

Just make sure that said Smeargle's got the right speed for the job. If it's *too* fast, you may wind up wasting a precious Sketch PP and have to go though the minor trouble of getting another one somehow(Leppa, Move Relearner, Rare Candy level-up spree, etc.).

Fainting runners

If I make a roaming pokemon faint, will it ever return? Is the behaviour the same in all games and for all pokemon (e.g. Latias in Sapphire, Suicune in LeafGreen, Mespirit in Pearl, Articuno in Platinum, Latios in SoulSilver, etc...)? (I know that for non-roaming pokemon it varies, for example Giratina returns but Uxie doesn't).

So if Diamond is actionreplayed to have the azure flute. Will the Arceus mess up or curropt the game or games its traded too?

No, it won't, since the item is hacked, the pokemon is legit. Its usually coined semi-legit, meaning it won't mess up the game

IS there a compettitive double battle tourny?
How do i check my Mon's IVs?
Where is a list of all the pokemon and moves banned in competition?
How do i enter a competitive tourny?
can it be done over wi-fi or does it have to be in person?

IS there a compettitive double battle tourny?yes, usually VGC style
How do i check my Mon's IVs?If they don't have ev's, plug the values in an iv calculator, like here
Where is a list of all the pokemon and moves banned in competition?Singles, you can find on Smogon, here VGC rules (doubles) are here
How do i enter a competitive tourny? depends. If its on a forum, just do the requirememnts to get in, if its a live tourney, go there. The irc channel Bulbabattle can get you some battles
can it be done over wi-fi or does it have to be in person? Only VGC tourneys that are official are in person, the rest are wifi

I have a Selfdestructing Wailord (Inspired by 0Yarko) that appears as a bad egg in PBR. as far as I'm conserned it isn't hacked because it looks legit (it could be EV hacked to have over 510 EVs). Can I fix this problem, or as I screwed?

I have a Selfdestructing Wailord (Inspired by 0Yarko) that appears as a bad egg in PBR. as far as I'm conserned it isn't hacked because it looks legit (it could be EV hacked to have over 510 EVs). Can I fix this problem, or as I screwed?

If the Wailord appears as a bad egg in PBR it's because it has more than 510 EVs (255 in each stat for a total of 1530), so the most likely situation is that it was created by using PokéSAV or Pokémon Maker in a Generation III game, then migrated; in any case, it's hacked.

The only thing you can do to fix its condition is using the EV lowering berries in the four other stats you aren't going to use to bring down to 0 the EVs. Nonetheless, I guess it didn't learn Selfdestruct via the XD Move Tutor but merely by selecting the move in PokéSAV, so I don't know why you want to preserve a clearly tampered Pokémon in the first place.

Last edited:
Does Sunny Day used at night reduce the usefulness of Dusk Balls to catch wild Pokemon? (Ho-Oh, I'm looking at you.)

What is the lowest possible level I need to find the exact IV? I'm trying to find my SID in SS whit my shiny Tentacool and I don't have wifi atm, so I would like to know. BTW, can does anyone have a proper guide on RNG in HGSS? I can't seem to find one whit google..

Why is that alot of menu icons don't match the Pokémon's actual coloration? Some are even drastically different. For example, Torkoal:
Ani324MS.png
324.png

What is the lowest possible level I need to find the exact IV? I'm trying to find my SID in SS whit my shiny Tentacool and I don't have wifi atm, so I would like to know. BTW, can does anyone have a proper guide on RNG in HGSS? I can't seem to find one whit google..
You could do an IV battle to figure out IVs at level 1. I think the lowest besides that is level 20, but these arn't exact IVs.

Why is that alot of menu icons don't match the Pokémon's actual coloration? Some are even drastically different. For example, Torkoal:
Ani324MS.png
324.png

Lazy spirters? Not much of a question I can answer...

I need a definitive answer

can pokemon from the pokewalker actually be shiny?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom