• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stupidest nickname you ever gave to a Pokemon

More intentionally, I gave the first Gible I caught a very rude nickname. He was a nuisance to capture, and having to hear his annoying cry every time he escaped a ball had pushed me too far. It wasn't a big or clever thing to do, but dammit, it made me feel better.
I did something like that when I caught an Abra back in Silver. The thing was such a pain in the skidplate that I named it A$$HOLE. Yes, it was in all caps and no, there were no dollar signs. I think I used that thing for an in-game trade, but I can't remember. It's been too long.

A couple of days ago, I went through my PC on White and took a look at some of the Goletts I had sent over. The names I gave a couple of them made me do a double-take. I named one "Little One". Seriously.

Kinda tempted to evolve those guys just for slags and giggles. (Man, I'm warped...)

Years ago, when I had first started playing Leafgreen, I caught a Clefairy and named it "HAPPY." Don't ask me why....

I named a Bibarel
Baby Bib

But now this is so wrong:
172.gif

I named a Pichu
F***STER
All in CAPITALS and uncencered.

I called my Staraptor "Birdster". That was the worst nickname I ever gave.:XD2:

I called another Pokémon "Gemhammer", so I can't be all bad, right?:naughty:

Oh yeah, I also nicknamed a Oddish
Weed

And a Panphy
Baby Eliph
(Eliphent didn't fit.)

My Brother, when playing LeafGreen for the first time, named his rival, because he couldn't decide on a good name: OKOK ://?!?!/l

Oh it was so funny to come upon those moments when Oak talked about him or he met up with the main character...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA...

I feel I must add to this.
I used to have several MAGIKRAP. ha. ha.
Pothead the Oddish. *shakes head* Then again, I recently named a Foongus "Stoner" so I haven't matured much.
Charmander was always "Charmer" due to some unofficial guide book thingy that read like a story.
Ditto nicknames: Metamorpho, RuPaul, TehBlob, Jelly, Butter, Sexy
Tori the Pidgey, that I thankfully later renamed.

My cousin was fiddling around with my SoulSilver, caught a male Nidoran and named him "PRINCESS," not knowing the gender. I've kept him around.

I seem to have a habit of giving my Dittos silly names. Here are just a few:

-Love Machine
-Sir Squishy
-Play-Doh
-Yuffie (my shiny that took AGES to find and catch, similar to how you have to run around in the woods forever in Final Fantasy VII to get Yuffie)

I have a male Unfezant named 'Plumaquill'.
Also, in Diamond I caught a Machoke. I meant to name it Ka-pow, but misspelled it and it ended up as 'Ka-pov.'
I never fixed the name, and it is still known as Ka-pov to this very day.
I also have my first Shiny,a freaking Watchog, named 'Shiny'.
I also have a Samurott named Sealie. Little did I realise that Oshawott is based off a SEA OTTER.

"Dunsparce" the Gligar.
"Horny" the Rhyhorn
"ASSHOLE" the Golbat (this is actually kind of a tradition now. In Silver, a particularly dickish Golbat gave me tons of trouble as I tried to capture it, so when I finally succeeded, I named it ASSHOLE. Since then, every Golbat I catch has been ASSHOLE.

My shiny Psyduck(I'm not trading it you hunters!) named Perry.
My Raichu named Raigeki
My Pidgey named Butts(yes, after the one in IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!!)
My Plusle and Minun named Wilma and Betty(the first person to ask me for the reference gets a piece of metaphor cheese)
and of course...CORNFLAKES the Hoppip(I don't even know why...)

My Plusle and Minun named Wilma and Betty(the first person to ask me for the reference gets a piece of metaphor cheese)
They wouldn't happen to hang around Bedrock with Fred and Barney, would they? :lol: (Sorry, had to do it.)

For whatever reason, I named my Tepig "Bacon". Yes, I named a pig Bacon. I think I was hungry that night.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom