• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The best looking of the villainous teams?

Which of the main series villainous teams is the best looking?

• Team Rocket

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Team Aqua

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Team Magma

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Team Galactic

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Team Plasma (BW)

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Team Plasma (B2W2)

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Team Flare

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Team Skull

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Team Aether

• Team Yell

• Team Star

• Total voters

Doctor Floptopus

Co-ordinator of Chaos
Reaction score
250px-HeartGold_SoulSilver_Team_Rocket_Grunt.png
200px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Team_Aqua_Grunts.png
200px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Team_Magma_Grunts.png
250px-Diamond_Pearl_Team_Galactic_Grunts.png
300px-Black_White_Team_Plasma_Grunts.png
200px-Black_2_White_2_Team_Plasma_Grunts.png
195px-XY_Team_Flare_Grunts.png

The villainous teams are some of the best designed and fashionable people in the whole of the franchise. But who do you think are the best/ most appropriately dressed?

Last edited:
Hmm... tough choice. For starters, I have Team Magma bias stemming from my original Sapphire days, since their uniforms always struck me as interesting. The manga further expands on it by making the horns on their hoods have special properties, such as a lighter for decoding or "reading" their own memories. Plus the newer designs I find to be quite striking. Moving on, due to Platinum being one of my favorite games, Team Galactic has very fitting uniforms. They are related to space, and many people see their uniforms as spacesuits, so that's quite appropriate. While the hairstyle is lacking, the grunts do give off a vibe of galactic combat units, and the Commanders look especially interesting with their designs. And finally, Team Plasma (BW version) have a medieval theme, and they think that they have justice and right on their sides, so they think they're "knights in shining armor". Plus they look quite impressive in them, too.

This is a tough call, but I'm gonna have to go with Team Galactic, as they resemble the most of what they represent (as many NPCs have pointed out throughout the games).

I really dig the Team Aqua members skin tone, but their sense of fashion is terrible. Because of that, my vote goes to the Team Flair. I mean, Flare.

I really liked the original outfit of Team Magma back then in Gen 3, especially the one for the female grunts. Sadly, I can't appreciate their new uniform for some reason; I think it's mostly because of this dark red, striped fabric that they wear underneath. It fits their theme well, but simply doesn't look very good in my opinion.

I'd say old Gen III Team Magma, but since that isn't an option, I'll just go with Team Rocket. Simple, mean-spirited Mafia theme.

Easy one, Team Flare because they are all about fashion.
And they look fabulous.

If Team Magma still had their old outfits I would've gone for them, but now I'll go for Team Plasma (BW) because they look like knights who are 'saving' pokemon from their owners.

Not Team Flare, that's for sure.

I'll have to go with Team Rocket for this one. They're sleek, efficient, low-key, not overly-showy. Perfect for a shadowy organization who's trying to stay under the radar. Team Plasma in BW2 is a close second for the same reasons (though they do have a bit more flair than Team Rocket.)

Team Flare's outfits were just awful, especially the hair. The other evil teams aren't bad so much as they clash with the setting. The Pokemon world is only slightly more technologically advanced than our world, and people's outfits by and large mirror outfits you'd see in the real world. Which is why stereotypical knights, pirates, astronauts/aliens(?), and whatever-the-hell-Magma-is just...don't fit. They don't look inherently bad, they just clash.

I don't really see much of the knight motif in the first Plasma uniforms - the hood's kind of like a mail coif and there's a tabard in there, but that's about it. My favourite are the BW2 Plasma uniforms - they look the least costumey, and also the coolest

I don't really see much of the knight motif in the first Plasma uniforms - the hood's kind of like a mail coif and there's a tabard in there, but that's about it. My favourite are the BW2 Plasma uniforms - they look the least costumey, and also the coolest

This.

Though I also enjoy Team Aqua's new look, they look like they would be a fun bunch to hang with if they weren't the villains, especially after playing the demo. I don't think they take themselves seriously at all and that shows in their design.

No side game villains? I really liked Gale of Darkness' Cipher uniform. I choose Neo Plasma, they look like spies or mercenaries.

it's very hard for me not to say mirror b. but i will do my best to pick

Neo Plasma is overall the best looking to me. Along with Team Rocket, they're really the only team that looks villainous, since all the other teams look like they're going to comicon. I will say that I like Team Aqua for breaking the marshmallow-fluff skin trend, and I do like Team Flare's hairstyles, but overall Neo Plasma trumps with their outfits and masks.

Team Aqua in ORAS, really liked the pirate style outfits and the designs for all of Archie, Matt, and Shelly. Even liked the interactions between them, all the "bro" and how they really felt like friends or a pirate crew instead of master and subordinates, compared to Maxie's more "science and hierarchy" vibe.

Back
Top Bottom