• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The E3 Round-table Thread

Wow, 5-on-1 wild pokemon battles. Those pokemon have to be low leveled compared to the other wild pokemon in an area.

Sky battles officially confirmed. Unfortunately, it's limited to only a few flying pokemon. :(

One of the demos included the Fletchling evo: Talonflame; Fire/Flying.

Talonflame, a Fire/Flying pokemon (probably the Fletchling evolution that was revealed today), was announced on the Twitter page.
EDIT: Yes, it's definitely the Fletchling evo. The Twitter page mentioned that Talonflame was switched out for Haunter.

Twitter announced that the Roundtable is over... :(

What a...weird name.

Not even trying, just two words stuck together. Odd.

Talonflame, a Fire/Flying pokemon (probably the Fletchling evolution that was revealed today), was announced on the Twitter page.
EDIT: Yes, it's definitely the Fletchling evo. The Twitter page mentioned that Noctowl was switched out for Haunter.

I KNEW IT! As soon as I saw Fletchling use Flame Charge, I knew the evo would be Fire/Flying.

I hope that this Fire/Flying Pokémon isn't accompanied by a Fire/Flying Legendary Pokémon with the same Hidden Ability (if they exist in Generation VI). Many people ask me why I use Emolga in my team instead of Thundurus.

Normally I'd disapprove of such a simple name, but 'talon' is such a cool word that I'm willing to make an exception...

Q&A Time:

First question is about if the game will have multiple save files. As expected, that's a big nope.

Looks like we can import pokemon from DS games! Yay!

Backwards compatibility and a single save file were expected. I guess the rest of the questions will be simple like those two.
It was also mentioned that Fairy-Type WAS designed to counter Dragon and balance the game.
Game Freak is also keeping the number of Gen VI pokemon under wraps for now.

A question about DLC. Apparently they hoped that wouldn't be asked. They are exploring the possibilities, no announcements yet.

^Boo....

The Sky Battles look sooo sweet.

"Masuda didn't expect anyone to ask questions about EV's and IV's, but someone asked anyway. They're supposed to be much more visible in XY."

Good.

Also: the photo at the bottom right of the horde photo bulba tweeted....It looks like the pokemon's name starts with a T....They look like Turtwig....So maybe wild starter pokemon?

So Skrelp is the Toxic Seahorse thing and Clauncher is the pistol shrimp. Talonflame is the Fletchling evo. I wonder if the hordes really are limited to just 5

RK7mYM3.jpg
nCM2yoA.jpg

Both EVs and IVs will be visible in X and Y.
And Wild Axew early on in the game? Sweet.

Eight directional Grid-based movement is also confirmed.

Back
Top Bottom