• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Pokémon Black 2/White 2 (Read FIRST Post before posting!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Official Pokémon Black 2/White 2 Thread

Will we be the same playable characters from BW1, or new ones? If so, maybe a way to let us use what pokemon we have in BW1? No, i don't mean us just trade like always, I mean, us start out with the pokemon we already have, and not do the whole get a starter pokemon and do the adventure as a newbie

Also:
1. I want them to use the two ruins (the one in the desert and the underwater one) in a plot (I don't care if it is part of the main story or just a side plot, i just hope there is a plot surrounding it).

2. The usual: vs seeker, BF, and maybe secret bases or something like secret bases

3. Maybe a Team Rocket vs Team Plasma (just kidding)

4. Go to a different region alongside Unova kinda like HGSS/GSC did (new or Hoenn, I dont care)

5. A large (more to it than it just roamingaround or just being given to you) quest involving Genesect

6. PLEASE FIX THE GTS!!!!!! No more letting kids ask for level 9 and under Reshirams!

I also thought of this:
1. Having sequels allows them to keep Black City and White forest and it make sense

2. I hope they can change the stupid rule in those places about the people leaving over time

Last edited:

I'm just wondering how these games will fit into canon. Theoretically, Black 2 is the sequel tothe original Black's continuity, And White 2 for White. But what about future games? Will both versions exist in different timelines?

I have amended my theories somewhat. I theorized Hoenn would be included in BW2 and erase the need of RSEmakes.

However, having thought on it, something much more obvious sprung to mind.

BW2 are sequels, to BW, and will likely still take place in Unova, but I believe it possible we will maybe get to see this region N has been seen flying over, either as part of the main game, or post game. Now I'd speculated Hoenn initially. But there's one region noticeably absent from this gen. A gen that has been in every single other generation so far, and has a special place in the creators hearts. What if N flew, to Kanto, and just like we saw a version of Kanto years after RBY in GSC, what if at the end of BW2, we see a version of Kanto years after GSC.

I interpreted the colours on the logos to hint at Ruby and sapphire, but actually they look more like ice, and that's when it hit me, that maybe they were hinting at something more obvious, Red and Blue, the games that started it all (yes I know it was green in Japan, but I remember them saying they wanted to stick to Red+Blue that why Ruby and Sapphire and not Ruby and Emerald)

This would leave the door open for RSEmakes if Nintendo saw fit or not, I really don't know about this.

What if the pattern of Kanto being in every generation, is one of the few patterns Nintendo really does hold sacred.

Do you guys think the Shadow Triad/Striaton Trio mystery will be revealed in these games?

N won't be playable. Pokemon (among other Nintendo series) is known for its silent protagonist. The protagonist "talking" won't happen for several reasons, and they're not about to make N a mute, either. Plus, no female playable character?

I think a second region is quite likely, but regardless, I doubt Unova wouldn't show up again no matter what. Question is whether we would start from the traditional first town... it would be awesome to start off somewhere completely unexpected. Hoping for some more background on the Dark Trinity here too.

Do you guys think the Shadow Triad/Striaton Trio mystery will be revealed in these games?

I do yes. Even if the Striaton Trio is not the Triad I expect we will learn a lot more about the triad either way. And the 2 girls with N. They will no doubt have a bigger part to play.

I need more N. N. N. N!!!!! Seriously, I don't care how or why, but I freakin need me some N!!! I'd also love to see him as the player character, but I'd be just happy seeing him in any way!!! I love N~~!!!

I have amended my theories somewhat. I theorized Hoenn would be included in BW2 and erase the need of RSEmakes.

However, having thought on it, something much more obvious sprung to mind.

BW2 are sequels, to BW, and will likely still take place in Unova, but I believe it possible we will maybe get to see this region N has been seen flying over, either as part of the main game, or post game. Now I'd speculated Hoenn initially. But there's one region noticeably absent from this gen. A gen that has been in every single other generation so far, and has a special place in the creators hearts. What if N flew, to Kanto, and just like we saw a version of Kanto years after RBY in GSC, what if at the end of BW2, we see a version of Kanto years after GSC.

I interpreted the colours on the logos to hint at Ruby and sapphire, but actually they look more like ice, and that's when it hit me, that maybe they were hinting at something more obvious, Red and Blue, the games that started it all (yes I know it was green in Japan, but I remember them saying they wanted to stick to Red+Blue that why Ruby and Sapphire and not Ruby and Emerald)

This would leave the door open for RSEmakes if Nintendo saw fit or not, I really don't know about this.

What if the pattern of Kanto being in every generation, is one of the few patterns Nintendo really does hold sacred.

I know someone in Kanto who might be very pleased if you can show her a certain pink pokemon with a flower pattern on it, she's been waiting an awful long time...

N won't be playable. Pokemon (among other Nintendo series) is known for its silent protagonist. The protagonist "talking" won't happen for several reasons, and they're not about to make N a mute, either. Plus, no female playable character?

I think a second region is quite likely, but regardless, I doubt Unova wouldn't show up again no matter what. Question is whether we would start from the traditional first town... it would be awesome to start off somewhere completely unexpected. Hoping for some more background on the Dark Trinity here too.

It would be ironic that a franchise known for silent protagonists breaks that tradition with the MOST TALKATIVE AND FASTEST-TALKING NPC IN THE FRANCHISE'S HISTORY

It would be ironic that a franchise known for silent protagonists breaks that tradition with the MOST TALKATIVE AND FASTEST-TALKING NPC IN THE FRANCHISE'S HISTORY

Irony indeed. And N's fast talking is super cute.

I believe there's a good chance that there will be new protagonists in this game, who get Kyurem, and confront N (with his appropriate dragon) and Ghetsis, and clear up the loose ends of Team Plasma that were left behind by BW. As for Kyurem's formes/whatever they are, I think you will receive Kyurem, and it will react accordingly with N's dragon. Perhaps even Hilbert/Hilda will appear with the dragon that is "left out" (example, you and Kyurem, Hilda and Reshiram, N and Zekrom/you and Kyurem, Hilbert and Zekrom, N and Reshiram). Of course, this has really no basis, but I still think could be an interesting possibility.

I highly doubt the colors on the logos mean anything more than "Zekrom has blue lightning, and Reshiram has red fire." I've also never heard this "sticking to Red and Blue" thing. If that was the case, why make FireRed and LeafGreen? Why not WaterBlue?

Last edited:

I believe there's a good chance that there will be new protagonists in this game, who get Kyurem, and confront N (with his appropriate dragon) and Ghetsis, and clear up the loose ends of Team Plasma that were left behind by BW. As for Kyurem's formes/whatever they are, I think you will receive Kyurem, and it will react accordingly with N's dragon. Perhaps even Hilbert/Hilda will appear with the dragon that is "left out" (example, you and Kyurem, Hilda and Reshiram, N and Zekrom/you and Kyurem, Hilbert and Zekrom, N and Reshiram). Of course, this has really no basis, but I still think could be an interesting possibility.

I highly doubt the colors on the logos mean anything more than "Zekrom has blue lightning, and Reshiram has red fire."

Ooo, I'd like it if they explained stuff about N, Ghetsis, and Team Plasma. And also explain why Ghetsis got a hold of N to brainwash him.

I highly doubt the colors on the logos mean anything more than "Zekrom has blue lightning, and Reshiram has red fire."

Ooo, I'd like it if they explained stuff about N, Ghetsis, and Team Plasma. And also explain why Ghetsis got a hold of N to brainwash him.
I do believe these games will explain more about N and Team Plasma. That's the only reason why I thought BW would get sequels at all.

At the end of BW, the Sages explain how they don't know anything about N's past, his relations with Ghetsis...one even says that he wishes for N to confront Ghetsis for all the wrongs he's done to him! Not to mention the named Team Plasma members with no backstory...Ghetsis's eye and black arm...the key to N's menger sponge...

There's just so many loose ends that these games are basically obligated to tie up.

I do believe these games will explain more about N and Team Plasma. That's the only reason why I thought BW would get sequels at all.

At the end of BW, the Sages explain how they don't know anything about N's past, his relations with Ghetsis...one even says that he wishes for N to confront Ghetsis for all the wrongs he's done to him! Not to mention the named Team Plasma members with no backstory...Ghetsis's eye and black arm...the key to N's menger sponge...

There's just so many loose ends that these games are basically obligated to tie up.

Yeah, that's true. I look forward to all that. Especially if N were to
confront Ghetsis. Hell yeah, give that guy what he deserves, N!

If its a direct sequel, then I think there will be new playable characters, Ghetsis and the Sages will try and bring back Team Plasma, and the protagonist and N will face Ghetsis together in the end. The Shadow Triad should have a bigger role.

I'd like to see Hilbert or Hilda as a bad guy basically being repulsed by one extreme to another. N is definately a good guy now because he realized what he did was wrong so I think N will have a supporting role this time around.

I'm excited for sequels story line wise but I think starting out with the same starters is going to be a drag. Well then again I'm baised because I used all the starters. I think the eighth gym leader would still be different for the versions so no team up.

I really hoping for the Gym triad theroy to be conformed. But I a little curious as to how tying up the loose ends with Ghetsis will work. I mean will there be a neo team plasma. Will he work for someone else like the above PC.

It just raises too many questions.

But I'm looking forward too seeing New PC's and rival as much as I like Hilbert/Hilda. Maybe they could start you out somewhere different say Black City and white forest.

I am looking forward to Black 2 to in particular because Black city is a city which the flat out admit is centered around greed so I looking forward to how they resolve that.

If its a direct sequel, then I think there will be new playable characters, Ghetsis and the Sages will try and bring back Team Plasma, and the protagonist and N will face Ghetsis together in the end. The Shadow Triad should have a bigger role.

Agreed. And it would be pretty pointless if they didn't do more with N and Ghetsis. It's just too great to pass up.

Wow!! Like a lot of Pokefans, this announcement was a complete surprise to me! And those Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom hybrids look AWESOME! Well, the arms on the Kyurem/Zekrom one look kinda weird, but that's the only issue I've got and it's rather minor.

I did expect that we'd be getting at least another gen 5 game (which I called Pokemon Chrome), but I didn't expect TWO new games! :eek: And I also hope that these games tie up the loose ends in BW and give us things like the Battle Frontier, VS Seeker, Pokeradar, and other stuff BW lacked that I wish it didn't lack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom