• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VIZ releasing Pokemon Special D/P arc volume in February 2011

What I meant was put it in with the other Pokémon specials (There on Johto right now, right?) and instead of having the other side-series next to Special Adventures, they would have Platinum after R/S/E.

EDIT- Just wondering, has the DP series been in Pokemon Special Adventures?
I think there on G/S/C right now.
Viz Media are releasing the first volume of the GSC arc during the first week of August. They release volumes bi-monthly; so we'll probably have RS saga next October.

What I meant was put it in with the other Pokémon specials (There on Johto right now, right?) and instead of having the other side-series next to Special Adventures, they would have Platinum after R/S/E.

...what?

EDIT- Just wondering, has the DP series been in Pokemon Special Adventures?
I think there on G/S/C right now.

This IS the DP series. They're just calling it "Platinum" to be... current, I guess. The actual Platinum arc hasn't been published in volume format yet.

...what?
This IS the DP series. They're just calling it "Platinum" to be... current, I guess. The actual Platinum arc hasn't been published in volume format yet.

They probably called this arc "Adventures: Platinum" to not cause confusion with "Diamond and Pearl Adventure", which will then continue into the Platinum saga.

Besides, they still print All That Pikachu, and I can't imagine anyone is really buying an adaptation of a short that's 12 years old.
*bought it* :X

haha you make a good point though, if they'll keep All That Pikachu in print (which is BARELY relevant to today's kids anyways, and adults aren't really interested in "Ani-Manga"), then why not take a chance on more short series or one-shots? :/

by the time their Platinum books hit the teens, the GS chapter will hit volume 15 AKA the start of the RS saga in no time, so I guess it is nothing to worry about. I mean, they already have volumes 8-10 planned out, so we're okay.

Yea, so it will mean that if they keep the number of rounds per volume the same as in Japan they will have to start RS.

I imagine they'll probably keep everything the same up through volume 29, and they'll just have the D&P arc running at the same time. and then the HGSS arc will probably get its own set as well "Pokemon Adventures HeartGold & SoulSilver, volume 1" or something like that, and then every game from then on will have its own american set. almost like the Legend of Zelda manga does.

I imagine they'll probably keep everything the same up through volume 29, and they'll just have the D&P arc running at the same time. and then the HGSS arc will probably get its own set as well "Pokemon Adventures HeartGold & SoulSilver, volume 1" or something like that, and then every game from then on will have its own american set. almost like the Legend of Zelda manga does.

this.

I really don't mind it being called Platinum. Platinum still takes most of the attention in the Diamond and Pearl arc regardless of the title anyway.

It doesn't mean they are going to skip Ruby/Sapphire. It will simply come out after GSC. The end of GSC and the begining of R/S are in the same book. They aren't going to stop right when one arc begins or ends.

It doesn't mean they are going to skip Ruby/Sapphire. It will simply come out after GSC. The end of GSC and the begining of R/S are in the same book. They aren't going to stop right when one arc begins or ends.

Take another look at their Dragonball release, please :p

Take another look at their Dragonball release, please :p

I'm not following. Dragon Ball's story ends in volume 16 while Dragon Ball Z's story starts at volume 17(even though it's still called "Dragon Ball" of course). GSC's story ends in volume 15, which is the same volume where RS's story begins. It's two different things being compared here. Besides, Viz is drastically different from how they used to be 5-7 years ago.

This is great and awesome news. I'm glad that they're releasing the most recent Adventure arc along with the older sagas. I also would have personally preferred a One Piece/Naruto treatment with releasing more volumes at a faster rate to catch up, but this works too. At least we don't have to wait years to get to the DP arc and we'll probably get the HeartGold and SoulSilver arc sooner than we would otherwise as well. Labeling as the volume as Platinum makes sense due to Diamond and Pearl Adventure. Though I might have labeled it as Diamond Pearl Platinum, but that might have been too long.

Since we're still getting GSC volumes after the first volume of Platinum, it shouldn't mean that they're skipping the other arcs that occur before the DP arc. As long as they continue to release the older sagas right along with the DP saga until they finish the Emerald saga, I'll be happy.

Technically, Platinum does get more focus than the other two, and the entire plot of the DP arc revolves around her so good call on the title, Viz.

Technically, Platinum does get more focus than the other two, and the entire plot of the DP arc revolves around her so good call on the title, Viz.
I wonder if someone's ever going to realize, when checking info on the manga online in passing, "wherever did they put the Diamond and Pearl chapter?"

...then again, I always wonder about many silly things in a paranoid fashion.

this.
same thing applies to Yu-Gi-Oh!

Um, no, it doesn't. Can someone please explain this to me? Yu-Gi-Oh! series one ends in volume 7. Volume 8 is the start of a whole new series/saga/arc, so Viz was allowed to give the series a subtitle from then onward.

With Adventures it's different because like I said before, the very last chapter of GSC begins in the very first volume of RS. It literally carries into RS instead of ending in volume 14. In fact, it makes me wonder what they're going to call volume 15. Most likely "Ruby and Sapphire" seeing how it's 90% RS and 10% GSC.

I'm not following. Dragon Ball's story ends in volume 16 while Dragon Ball Z's story starts at volume 17(even though it's still called "Dragon Ball" of course). GSC's story ends in volume 15, which is the same volume where RS's story begins. It's two different things being compared here. Besides, Viz is drastically different from how they used to be 5-7 years ago.

In the Japanese volume of Dragon Ball 17, there are two "pre-Z" chapters in that volume, and then the "Z" chapters start in that volume. So that scenario is similar to G/S/C ending in Volume 15 along with the R/S arc.

In the Japanese volume of Dragon Ball 17, there are two "pre-Z" chapters in that volume, and then the "Z" chapters start in that volume. So that scenario is similar to G/S/C ending in Volume 15 along with the R/S arc.

Whoah, really? Wow, I had no idea. Then I guess it is similar. But still, I believe Viz will carry on their releases normally, or if worst comes to worst they'll push that "Last Battle" chapter into volume 14 so that the English version of volume 15 is 100% RS. I'm kind of hoping for that, actually.

One thing I am wondering though, is will Adventures:platinum go with the same release pattern as the series in Japan, with a new volume every 3 months, opposed to the bi-Monthly releases we're currently getting, obviously to speed up our releases?

Um, no, it doesn't. Can someone please explain this to me? Yu-Gi-Oh! series one ends in volume 7. Volume 8 is the start of a whole new series/saga/arc, so Viz was allowed to give the series a subtitle from then onward.

With Adventures it's different because like I said before, the very last chapter of GSC begins in the very first volume of RS. It literally carries into RS instead of ending in volume 14. In fact, it makes me wonder what they're going to call volume 15. Most likely "Ruby and Sapphire" seeing how it's 90% RS and 10% GSC.

well with Yu-Gi-Oh!
vol. 7 actually had one more chapter in it, but it was put into the duelist vol. 1 because it was the next chapter in the arc. In other words the first chapter in duelist vol. 1 is actually the last chapter from vol. 7

similar stuff happend with Dragon Ball vol. 16 and 17.

Whoah, really? Wow, I had no idea. Then I guess it is similar. But still, I believe Viz will carry on their releases normally, or if worst comes to worst they'll push that "Last Battle" chapter into volume 14 so that the English version of volume 15 is 100% RS. I'm kind of hoping for that, actually.

I'd prefer that too, and keep Volume 15 with the same cover. Sure, most of the characters on that cover aren't in that volume, but it could be a passing-the-torch sort of picture. Ruby's the biggest focus on the cover anyway... I don't think keeping the cover would be that bad.

I'd be fine with Volume 15 through 29 being a whole series, but I don't know what to call it...

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom