• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Button Do You Press?

I speed-smash the A button or shake the DS.

On my original Game Boy (in the old days, haha :D) I would speed-smash the Start button. XD

080619.gif

^ This occasionally.

This may sound weird, but it seems to work. I 'talk' to them. I tell them that they will be awesome etc. And they believe me and spend the rest of their lives cooped up in a computer.

For some reason, this made me laugh.

080619.gif

^ This occasionally.

That was all us at one point, and there's no use in denying it.

Including me. I'd do everything. B+up, A+down, A+B+down, tapping the Poké Ball on the touch screen, whispering "Gotcha!" into the DS's microphone, you name it. Sometimes I still do hold down A or something out of habit.

With an A+B+down mustache.

I hold down the A button. Sometimes if I'm really nervous about a catch I'll unintentionally grip my DS lite awkwardly (and I've accidentally flicked the power switch off a few times.. :sweat:).

Oh, I used to hold down various buttons randomly. Though, I did make sure I did not press wrong button. You know what I mean.
The button I pressed the most would probably be the A+B+DOWN combo. Now, I don't, okay sometimes I do, that anymore.

No? I don't do it anymore. Since Gen III. Before that, I tried to push random buttons, and sometimes end up with "A+B+Start+Select", aka soft reset.

It's generally more entertaining to use A + Down or A + B + Down when you are catching something difficult, even though it doesn't help at all.

i used to rapid press the A button but not anymore because it did not help with the legundarys at all,now i just shake my ds like the pokeball on the screen.

In the gamecube games, I'd always clamp down L+R when the player grabbed the ball, then tap A really quickly after he threw it, then start spinning the control stick when the ball started shaking! Always works, still does!

I like to either rapidly press A or hold both A and B as soon as the ball struck. I still do it for nostalgia purposes.

Hmmm... I heard that pressing the Y button whenever the ball is supposed to shake helps, and sometimes I do that.

It doesn't help one bit; it's mostly done as a countermeasure against the otherwise boring method of sitting on your ass as the balls shakes, lol.

(I did use to believe it helped [when I was 12], though)

I don't press a button during catching.
However, I do press one of the control pad buttons when attacked and my HP is going down. I press and hold the > one if my HP is going down, and hold the < one if an enemy's HP is going down.

I dunno why.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom