• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What removed features do you want to see return?

Defiantly want to see my Pokemon following me around. That is what I would like to see more then anything.

Am I the only one who wants a gen 6 version of the Pokedex 3D Pro? I hope they release one for the next game(s)

Nope, I want one too but I dont want to pay full price for it. Maybe an update that is free or only a couple $$$ for those who already have the previous version.

Dom
Problem with an update is that they likely wont keep the gen 5 data, though thats probably what Gamefreak would do, seeing as they took away gen 5 Global Link and the original Black and White Pokedex 3D

What I would like Game Freak to put back in the Pokemon games would be: The Game Corner (with slot machines), Pokemon following you and the Battle Frontier (like in Pokemon Emerald).

World tournament and tutors. The underground was cool bring that back with streetpass. The Pokenav's rematch system was ultra convenient.

I...read the whole thread. This is what happens during winter break. Lots of good stuff mentioned so far. Anyway, I have an little unimportant one: those interviewers scattered around the region that could grab you a spot on TV. Ahh, memories of being 11 and coming up with inappropriate answers...I guess it wouldn't be the same without the easy chat system though (not that I'm complaining).

Also, the musical quirks like the different gym remixes in BW2, low HP music (I don't know if other people found it annoying but I loved it), Gym Leaders' last Pokémon, and day/night/season arrangements for cities and routes were nice. And that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more. Again, really really trivial, but yeah.

Definitely your pokemon being able to follow you. But I heard that the reason why Gamefreak only did this feature twice throughout the franchises history is because it's apparently hard for them to create overworld sprites for every pokemon in existence. And it's probably going to be even more difficult now that we have well over 700 pokemon. I think if they do being this feature back I think they should just limit it to the pichu line, the starters, and all of their evolutions.

And the vs seeker.

Pokémon World Tournament, Pokéathlon, Secret bases (not underground though), wild Pokémon appearance depending on time of day.

Oh and I really think that in every game there should be an area only made available after beating the champion - not necessarily a full region but, you know... Somewhere.

Walking Pokémon, unique music for each Gym, the VS. Seeker, areas with different music depending on the time of day or season and swarms!

I would like to see the pokemon musical return. Although if it did return I would like it to be, for lack of a better word, complicated. If anyone wants to know what I mean by that feel free to ask.

Definitely secret bases from R/S/E and Join Avenue from BW2.
Also, I wouldn't mind that Pokeblock thing coming back; I actually had a lot of fun mixing berries with people and whatnot. (Assuming their effects were made relevant to the current games of course!)

-Pokemon Contests, certainly something fun and a bit more than just battling though the Anime where the Pokemon use attacks in a fascinating, artistic, animated fashion really was nicer.
-Item stash in PC, really I have an damn long item list in my bag and it is just a pain to have to do so much scrolling for activating repels or getting to look on my type attack enhancing items that are burried under tons I never use because I don't like the types for it.
-Secret Base would be really great I mean who of us didn't have "a secret base kinda place" when we were younger (this is if your an old geezer like me ;D) I would love to have my own special place in the game to just hang out and decorate a bit. With street pass and such I think it would be even better than in previous games, just imagine...
-Seasons were a nice touch and a monthly change seems to be appropriate for it.
-VS. seeker did have some use as well sometimes I love to battle enemies where I barely managed to win again and completely destroy them and of course moneys.
-Apricorns, well, I have my favorite Pokeballs even without them (Quick Ball, Timer Ball and Dusk Ball are all I need to catch most of my Pokes but with some new ones Type specific, made by someone with Apricorns might give a good addition)
-Your very own villa like in Platinum, just awesome and making you feel even more like a champion with having a villa in a holiday resort. Having occasional visits of others to have a battle with again and the possibility to even upgrade your interior a bit was just awesome. (How could I forget this...)

-Lost item dating side-quest? Some kinda dating mechanik might interest some slightly older fans than the main audience (me included) but as I know there never was such a mechanic in Pokemon games I did find the lost Xtranceiver in B2 but never got what triggers the calls and all Nancy (was obvious that is her name early on) talked about where the questions you answered in Castelia although I just recently started Y without even beating the elite 4 in B2, as of now I'm at the league center, where I just hit the Prof lab I'd like it if someone could fill me in the Lost Item side quest in B2.

Last edited:
I personally would like to see…

1. VS Seeker - Useful if you wanted to EV train your pokemon and great for increasing cash flow.
2. Apricorns and their balls - I like to coordinate my pokemon's design with the poke ball design if I can
3. Pokeball Customization - Seals were fun.
3. Ash Collecting for Pokeflutes- Pokeflutes are useful. I think if they had a mini game activity where you could have your pokemon collect ash that would be cool. Plus, you could make other items as well, like Incense. (as opposed to buying it from a shop keeper)
4. Seasons- I can't change my Sawsbuck's appearance in X&Y! D: Why did they have to change this option? They could have had the season capability activated in the background without actually having the landscape change. Kind of like in RS where you had the clock but no night and day. It's so silly.
5. Pokemon Contest - None of the dancing bull crap like in Black and White. I liked Ruby and Sapphire's Contests.
6. Secret Bases (RSE Style) - You could invite your friends and text chat them. Almost like your own private chat room.

Pokéstar Studios is the one that I miss the most. I really loved the strange endings. I've never seen Poké Ball customization before so I would like to see that return.

For all seriousness, though, I actually prefer the new features over the old ones, such as the PR and the restaurants.

For some reason I really liked that minigame in the underground where you mined for orbs/fossils/evolutionary stones/random items. I'd prefer that way of getting fossils and evolutionary stones than boring Rock Smash and Super Training. Not the whole underground though. I didn't care at all for the Capture the Flag minigame, and Secret Bases were better done in RSE (they should bring those back too!).

Also, I liked the idea of Join Avenue but not so much the execution; bring it back with more useful and less version-exclusive items and it'd be cool.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom