• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

I am playing Pokémon Emerald on my DS Lite at the moment as well as Bomberman 64 on my Nintendo 64 which I just found in my room after putting it away years ago.

On the PC I'm playing Warcraft III and slowly getting back into Empire Earth I. For consoles, I'm playing Wii Sports for the Wii, Guitar Hero on the PS2 and Sonic Rush for the DS.

FFXII for me, and its amazingly spectacular (and I'm not talking about the graphics, which are also amazing). Its atmosphere is just so immersive, always so much to explore and do without much punishment. It just feels like a real world, and I'm not talking about graphics again.

Then the gameplay, the gameplay engine is spectacular, I don't know which I prefer, this or Baten Kaitos (all time favorite RPG engines). The only way it could be better is if it had left hand and right hand like old Final Fantasy games. I've heard some complaints from some people on there being too many battles as a FF game... I say they're a moron. The only difference is that you know what you are going to fight and when instead of it randomly appearing and waiting for a screen to load. This real time thing is a lot better (Its still a turn based RPG too). FFXIII seemed to be turn-based with dynamic angles and such, but hopefully they learned some lessons from XII and cut down on the transitional loading and show enemies in the overworld. (Random Battles have always put me on edge even though I don't mind them)

Currently in the middle of both Children of Mana and Magical Starsign on the DS. :x CoM is fairly cute, if a little on the simple and repetitive side. So many people were disappointed that it didn't live up to the 'legacy' set by Secret of Mana, but pfft. As far as dungeon crawlers go, it's still well-made and enjoyable, and kindasortareally addicting. Also, Flammie. ♥

And Magical Starsign is absolutely adorable thus far, plus it has one of the BEST town-names I've EVER seen. "Honey Mint White Caramel Fudgeflake with Melty Butter and Syrup and Whipped Cream on Top". No, seriously.

Oh, also constantly going back to Pokemon Dungeon Red, because that game is a special, special kind of crack. :Dd

On PC> Starcraft broodwar my bnet account is Poo_In_The_Shoe and on
Netbattle my account on there is cperems (if anyone wants to play),
Company of Heros, Dawn of war D.C.

Ps2> Guitar Hero 2, Need for speed carbon, God fo war

Gameboymicro> Fire red, Emerald

I just finished Super Mario Sunshine with 80 shines, so now I'm trying to get a bunch of the shines that I missed.

Super Mario 64 (N64 Version, I HATE the DS version and don't have a Wii)

I'm having trouble getting the second Peach's Secret Slide Star, the one for having less than 21 seconds. It's much easier to get in that crappy DS game my brothers got last week for some reason.

Yoshi's Island DS

It's nowhere near as good as the original, but nonetheless a good game.

I just finished Super Mario Sunshine with 80 shines, so now I'm trying to get a bunch of the shines that I missed.

I´m scared...I finished Mario Sunshine with 85 stars today as well o_O
by the way..I just don´t see why the game is so hated...

I´m playing Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow as well, but mostly for soul-searching.

Maybe the FLUDD?

I thought it was fun, but I can see how cleaning gunk can get kinda annoying.

Maybe the FLUDD?

I thought it was fun, but I can see how cleaning gunk can get kinda annoying.

I liked FLUDD, and cleaning the levels was fun to me, but to be honest...in the later levels/missions cleaning things up wasn´t the main objective anymore. The FLUDD-less jump-levels seem to be disliked a lot..but I liked them.

The game felt much more atmospheric than Mario 64 which seems a bit overrated to me.

The game certainly has its share of problems (wonky camera, a lack of variety among the levels, bad voice acting), but I think Super Mario Sunshine is just as good as Mario 64. The graphics are gorgeous, the addition of FLUUD is very welcome, the music is really nice (I really like the music for Delfino Square, the boss music, and the acapella-ish music that plays during the FLUUD-less levels), and the game is challenging. I think that with this game, the good FAR outweighs the bad.

Plaing FFIII... eh, it's okay, but it leaves a lot to be desired.

As for SMS, I liked it, but the lack of level variety made it kinda bland. Too much water... >_<

Does FF 3 use the Active Time Battle system, or does it do turn based?

It influences whether or not I buy the game.

...and now I've started on Tales of Symphonia. I just got to the desert after
you're exiled from the village for the Desian attacks.

So far I haven't seen anything that's going to make this "OMG best RPG EVER!!" but it's been pretty decent so far. I just hope the game lightens up on the exposition soon.

Coming to the tail end of playing FF6A. Just beat the Dragons Den, and looking in some dread at the Soul Shrine looming ahead.

Am currently playing:

Lost in Blue
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Zelda: Link to the Past
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

Now that I actually have a Wii, I need to get some more WiiPoints. Gotta get Streets of Rage.

Back
Top Bottom