• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Ash is your favorite?

Which version of Ash do you like the most?

• Total voters
I had fell in love with Hoenn Ash because Veronica Taylor still existed and his I.Q. was up a point.

As for me, I like AG Ash but so far BW Ash is my fave.**LE GASP** Yes, yes, I heard a million of time that BW Ash regressed after so much stuffing he received from DP and losing to a newbie trainer was an embarrassment from someone who managed to beat a strong opponent but that's just me.:p I find BW Ash to be 20x more enjoyable than his DP counterpart since well to be honest, DP Ash was pretty boring yet I liked his Pokemon but still...Having Ash into being his old self was a welcoming change and I find him very humorous to a huge extent.<3

The Kanto Ash is my pick because back then, it was like Ash was exploring the unknown Pokemon World, but by Sinnoh, with my information overload about the franchise, waiting for Ash to do something interesting just isn't that fun as it used to be.

Although I do have a soft spot in my heart for Kanto Ash, I do like Sinnoh Ash's personality the best. I liked how more strategic and confident he was in his battles, and I also thought he had better character interactions with other main characters and COTD. His rivalry was especially fantastic, and it brought out the best in him. Overall, he was just more interesting.

WHY WOULD ANYONE VOTE SINNOH???????? ash was at his worst in sinnoh no personality and booring

my name states sinnoh is better then kanto not ash being better in sinnoh

I think the early-mid parts of the Hoenn's Ash was perfect; serious enough that you could tell there had been actual character development, but not a funless robot like he turned into in Sinnoh. Kanto's Ash is good for a few laughs, and I think B&W's is easily the worst - they turned him into a spaz.

Are you sure Pokemon DP > Pokemon?

my name states sinnoh is better then kanto not ash being better in sinnoh

None of this is related to the thread, and neither of you have stated who you chose in the poll and why.

Banned/Wrong Topic and Pointless Post infractions will be given if you both continue to not abide by the rules.

I feel DP Ash would have been my favorite if he was still more funny/aggressive like AG Ash.

As much as I liked what a great trainer Ash was in DP, his personality really was bland by that point. He had matured so much that he lost all aspects of his character that was previously entertaining. I'll always like AG Ash for being that "middle ground." It was like a mix of his Kanto/Johto personality with his DP one and I really liked that. Ash isn't Ash unless he's still somewhat dim-witted, prone to anger, and makes a fool out of himself from time to time.

I mean back in AG Ash tried to pick a fight with Breloom with his bare fists! He told Brock to "Shut up!" at Brawly's Gym after he lost. It really was how Ash's personality should have stayed. He was mature without losing the funny aspect of his personality that was lost when DP started.

Best Wishes Ash is the worst of both worlds, because they tried to make him funny again but also turned him back into an idiot at the same time.

Funnily enough its mix of Kanto,Johto and Hoenn Ash for me.I liked his starting days when he was complete rookie being bratty,hotheaded and naive as hell.He made mistakes,didnt want to accept advice from Misty or Brock being always full of himself and sure in abilities just to backfire on him later.His rivalry and clashes with Gary were also always fun to watch bringing drama and tension to show.

In Johto you could tell he didnt changed much in personality department,but some small signs of starting to mature were present with Ash becoming less stubborn,more calculated and definitely more experienced as trainer compared to Kanto days using more of strategy compared to tactic"with head through wall and risk as much as you can"which was often recipe for his battles back in day.You could tell that companions moral support,tips in battles,Brock wise suggestions and motivation from Misty side with there existing friendly competitive fire between them, helped Ash to grow as trainer and person leaving mark on character.

What i liked about him in Hoenn was progressive sign of maturity character went through becoming more levelheaded,calm and self-critic wanting to learn on mistakes while keeping his bratty and funny aspect of character.He became "grown up enough"to take mentor role on someone else(in that case being May)helping her when training and preparing for contests which portrayed Ash in different yet interesting and unique light.

I feel DP Ash would have been my favorite if he was still more funny/aggressive like AG Ash.

As much as I liked what a great trainer Ash was in DP, his personality really was bland by that point. He had matured so much that he lost all aspects of his character that was previously entertaining.

While i liked Ash better before,i still personally enjoyed in his personality in Sinnoh and even in Best Wishes feeling full of life and enjoyable to watch contributing to good chemistry current group has.

In Sinnoh he has matured more going forward compared to Hoenn days but i find that as positive thing.This really reflected on his skill as trainer and experience growing in worthy and respectable trainer having great relationship with Paul with their rivalry being one of most substantial and well developed story arcs this show produced.His friendship with Dawn and moral support they provided for each other along with Ash being wiling to think "outside the box" starting to mix contest techniques he saw from Dawn in his methods of training and battling strategy resulted with great success.
His steadiness being adamant about his way of training pokemon being angered and frustrated with Paul harsh and sometimes cruel methods,passionate side fighting for his beliefs with lot of care being pout in abandoned Chimchar and training which beard fruits on table evolving in formidable Infernape depicted Ash on whole new level making me to care for his growth and all loses and bad times he went through.

He was still funny ,sometimes naive and bratty which can be noticed in clashes he had with Paul and Dawn,he was still clueless and easy going about several things(like when he fell asleep on classes)causing annoyance and discredit from others(Like Angie),but he was also more collected,strategic and open minded toward new ideas evolving as character.

And i liked that about him.

I feel Sinnoh was definitely the culmination of Satoshi's character development.

Kanto/Orange/Johto Ash was his beginnings. He was impulsive and childish, and this showed itself in his skill as a trainer; his "victories" in the gyms of Kanto were mainly flukes or as a result of his aid against Team Rocket rather than actual skill. He got his ass handed to him at the Sekiei Conference, which was a wake up call for him to get a better handle on his Pokémon.... and he improved, winning the Orange League and coming a lot closer to victory at Shirogane.

Then came Hoenn, where for the first time, Satoshi was travelling with someone with a goal like him. This allowed him to act as a mentor to Haruka, giving him a large boost in maturity as he recognizes the mistakes made when beginning. The often mentioned lack of a rival in this generation could have also been important - Satoshi wanted to improve himself - even participating in (and conquering) the Battle Frontier of Kanto as a test of his worth as a trainer.

And so we come to Sinnoh. Like Hoenn, he traveled with a companion with her own set of goals and dreams, but this time they were on much closer footing. Although Satoshi occasionally needed to step into a mentor role when Hikari needed it, like after her long string of contest defeats, he learnt a lot from her as she undertook a journey. And then of course, comes Shinji

Shinji is the anti-Satoshi in every way. He had also traveled through Kanto, Johto and Hoenn - but when he comes to face Satoshi, their clash of ideologies meets. Satoshi comes to question his own motivation for becoming a trainer, and his rivalry comes from the heart rather than mere "hey let's battle". Satoshi is fighting for something he believes in - the love of his Pokémon - and he manages to triumph, teaching Shinji an important lesson.

So after all that culmination it makes sense that the only place for BW-Satoshi to go was.... down.

In terms of humor and personality, Kanto Ash. The only time Ash was ever consistently funny.

In terms of battle prowess, DP Ash. Level-headed in battles, coming up with some pretty unique tactics etc.

I'll have to say that the Hoenn Ash is the best because, in my opinion, he was the perfect mix of mature and funny, and took on the role of a mentor (which was interesting to watch :eek:). He learned to not only push himself to become a better person, but others as well, and he actually had a non-annoying best friend this time (yay)! Plus, well...he's super adorable in that outfit. Second best is Sinnoh, but...SO ADORABLE OMG!!! he looks pretty cool in that outfit.

My least favorite is the Kanto & Johto Ash, because he was too confident and was just really immature. All he did was fight with Misty and aim to become a Pokemon Master...I don't really think he deserved to be a PKMN-Master back then xD Plus, his outfit was....eww. Well, not 'eww' exactly, but he wasn't very cute :p

I also kind of dislike the Unova Ash, too, because he went back to being an immature IDIOT. I mean, seriously, did you learn nothing over the past million adventures and such? I thought he was maturing during AG, but then he slowly started sinking back down in DP and now...he's at rock bottom again. "Better build him back up over the next couple segas, see if we can make a profit..." I bet this is what they're thinking. Ugh. Those sick Pokemon Story-writers have messed with Satoshi again. Come closer so I can eat you with grilled Magikarp.

As much as I liked what a great trainer Ash was in DP, his personality really was bland by that point. He had matured so much that he lost all aspects of his character that was previously entertaining. I'll always like AG Ash for being that "middle ground." It was like a mix of his Kanto/Johto personality with his DP one and I really liked that. Ash isn't Ash unless he's still somewhat dim-witted, prone to anger, and makes a fool out of himself from time to time.

I mean back in AG Ash tried to pick a fight with Breloom with his bare fists! He told Brock to "Shut up!" at Brawly's Gym after he lost. It really was how Ash's personality should have stayed. He was mature without losing the funny aspect of his personality that was lost when DP started.

Best Wishes Ash is the worst of both worlds, because they tried to make him funny again but also turned him back into an idiot at the same time.

I blame paul for that, after all with someone like him ash couldn't afford to slack off as much as he used to be able to and so focused much more on training.

DP ash was probably the most skilled battler so I guess he has my vote.

unova ash would've been it, but it has to be hoenn. he didnt really get any more powerhouses after Sceptile!

DP Ash wins in battles, personality, pretty much everything. I actually began to respect the guy a little bit. It's such a shame that BW flushed all that development down the toilet and regressed to OS Ash...

Back
Top Bottom